Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Siren

Maybe this is TDO way of getting back into everyone's good graces. Release some junky concept art and then open an amazingly themed land that blows everyone away when we weren't expecting it! Oh wait....who am I kidding...
No, you're right. Walt's philosophy was to under-promise and over-deliver.

Just look at Fantasyland, we were promised a Pixie Hollow meet and greet and people were very excited about that. But we ended up with so much more -- 7DMT, The Little Mermaid Ride and Meet and Greet, Enchanted Tales w/Belle, Two Dumbos with water features, Casey Splash pad (which I avoid, lol), Gaston's Tavern, Story Book Circus, theme restrooms and also the rethemed Goofy coaster! Not to mention, the announcement of Avatarland.

Again, with the Avatarland expansion we're getting ROL, a night safari and expanded evening offerings.

The only improvement I see is that here there is a coaster. Toy Story land in paris is actually trying harder to use some sort of a theme and stick with it. Our larger version sadly gave up on that clearly.
I have to agree. I love the bright colors and cohesive theme, too.

The latest concept art and videos are very dull and kind of ugly. The first picture was much better, so I hope Disney sticks with that. Don't give up yet, Sped!

This 'land' gets worse every day.

At best it's the equal of Paris in my view. I'd call it Toy Story Dinoland, but at least Dinoland has a genuinely unique attraction in addition to the carnival rides.

The US Slinky is probably more fun than RC Racer, but nothing we don't already have (Barnstormer, Mine Train etc.), so I'd prefer RC but it has capacity issues which a coaster doesn't.

A-S-S teacups are pretty much a dead exchange for Slinky Spin and Parachutes. At least with Parachutes you get a good view over the park.

Disney used to offer experiences you couldn't get anywhere else. Now the best we can hope for is a couple of off the shelf carnival rides.
Awww, that's not fair. The concept coaster is way better than the Toy Story RC racer coaster. I really wanted the parachutes too, but the enhanced coaster is a much better alternative.

hollywood-adventure-map-overlay-jpg.138820
This picture is just so amazing -- it fully demonstrates that Toy Story is just one piece of a much larger puzzle.

I could understand some disappointment if TSL was the only land to be added but it's not. And, I can appreciate TSL for what it is.

The thing that really bothers me with tsl and especially the slinky coaster concept video (besides lack of theming) is that it appears as if we can easily see the cm parking garage. What are they going to do about that or do they really care? Also this concept art was shown again at the presentation yesterday yet the overall concept video and art of the land show no feature resembling this, not sure what's up with that.
Toy-Story-Land_Full_25055.jpg
OMG! This is so cute and one of my favorite parts of the concept art, so I hope Disney keeps this.

They showed this bit of art for the initial presentation and even then this segment was not in the version they presented. I am just going to mark it up as a fluff piece to give some form of content.
Toy-Story-Land-Slinky-Dog-Roller-Coaster-Ride.jpg
This one is so pretty. I really hope Disney sticks with this. The large oversized centerpieces don't cost a thing but add so much and they really help to brighten up and fill in those void and sparse spaces.

I fail to see how TSL is any better than TSPL. Different cheap rides doesn't mean better rides. Just different.

And why does everyone keep saying DHS needs more cheap carnival rides? No! No, it doesn't! It needs more capacity that interests children. It DOESN'T need more carnival rides. There is not a Disney park out there that needs more carnival rides.
The purpose of Toy Story Playland is to add capacity to the overrun Toy Story Mania ride and area as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

This looks much better than Dr Suess play land.

I'm so excited about this cute little land! I just hope it's bright and cute and colorful and not dull and sparse.

Also, I read a post where someone was blaming Avatarland for the "cuts", which is complete nonsense. Avatarland has nothing to do with TSL, and no cuts have been confirmed as yet. We all just need to be patient.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Just look at Fantasyland, we were promised a Pixie Hollow meet and greet and people were very excited about that. But we ended up with so much more -- 7DMT, The Little Mermaid Ride and Meet and Greet, Enchanted Tales w/Belle, Two Dumbos with water features, Casey Splash pad (which I avoid, lol), Gaston's Tavern, Story Book Circus, theme restrooms and also the rethemed Goofy coaster! Not to mention, the announcement of Avatarland.

Again, with the Avatarland expansion we're getting ROL, a night safari and expanded evening offerings.

The latest concept art and videos are very dull and kind of ugly. The first picture was much better, so I hope Disney sticks with that. Don't give up yet, Sped!

Awww, that's not fair. The concept coaster is way better than the Toy Story RC racer coaster. I really wanted the parachutes too, but the enhanced coaster is a much better alternative.

This picture is just so amazing -- it fully demonstrates that Toy Story is just one piece of a much larger puzzle.

I could understand some disappointment if TSL was the only land being added but it's not. And, I can appreciate TSL for what it is.

OMG! This is so cute and one of my favorite parts of the concept art, so I hope Disney keeps this.

This one is so pretty. I really hope Disney sticks with this. The large oversized centerpieces don't cost a thing but add so much and they really help to brighten up and fill in those void and sparse spaces.

The purpose of Toy Story Playland is to add capacity to the overrun Toy Story Mania ride and area as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

I'm so excited about this cute little land! I just hope it's bright and cute and colorful and not dull and sparse.

Also, I read a post where someone was blaming Avatarland for the "cuts", which is complete nonsense. Avatarland has nothing to do with TSL, and no cuts have been confirmed as yet. We all just need to be patient.
A very positive outlook on everything, We will be down to the world in December after being away since December 2011. I'm excited about seeing NFL. Hopefully there is some extra little attractions here and there in TSL.

Mike S

I could understand some disappointment if TSL was the only land to be added but it's not. And, I can appreciate TSL for what it is.

New Fantasyland "over delivered?" Which alternate universe do you live in? The one where SDMT is longer, Mermaid doesn't have so much exposed infrastructure and a better ending, and we got the B&tB ride Tokyo is getting? I'd love to visit that universe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom