Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

HauntedMansionFLA

New Fantasyland "over delivered?" Which alternate universe do you live in? The one where SDMT is longer, Mermaid doesn't have so much exposed infrastructure and a better ending, and we got the B&tB ride Tokyo is getting? I'd love to visit that universe.
Man, tell me that :) I am looking forward to seeing the changes. I will do a trip report after the vacation. The attraction with Belle looks pretty cool too. It will be my first time with the Magic Bands.

Siren

A very positive outlook on everything, We will be down to the world in December after being away since December 2011. I'm excited about seeing NFL. Hopefully there is some extra little attractions here and there in TSL.
Oh Darth, you are going to have the most amazing time at Disney World. So much has changed since 2011, I love the New Fantasyland and 7DMT and all the other rides, too -- especially at night, it's so beautiful.

I heard that Disney has planned for something similar or even better than Osborne lights, so you *may* be in for a surprise. I don't know if you have Photopass, if not then definitely get it and make sure to scan your band after each ride, you'll get some really cool pics, vids and effects. And, there are tons of picture spots that offer great photo ops, make sure to get one in front of the amazing Christmas tree in each park -- at night with the lights.

New Fantasyland "over delivered?" Which alternate universe do you live in? The one where SDMT is longer, Mermaid doesn't have so much exposed infrastructure and a better ending, and we got the B&tB ride Tokyo is getting? I'd love to visit that universe.
OMG, calm down Mike.

In order to be objective, you must set aside your extreme *bias* and put things into proper "perspective" -- only then, can you truly appreciate what Disney has done.

Again, Fantasyland was only supposed to receive a Tinkerbell and expanded Pixie Hollow meet and greet -- that's all. And, everyone was so excited (not me) and no one ever complained about it. Today, we ended up with so much more. The Little Mermaid ride is so cute and the facade is gorgeous. Like, I love this ride so much. And, I didn't see anything exposed. And, @DarthFiscus75 there is a photo pass area in front of the Little Mermaid Castle, so don't miss it.

Agreed. Siren is wearing some rose-colored glasses with a VERY high prescription.
LOL. If I am wearing rose colored glasses -- then you and Mike have EXTREMELY high prescription Doom & Gloom windows and windshields.

Man, tell me that :) I am looking forward to seeing the changes. I will do a trip report after the vacation. The attraction with Belle looks pretty cool too. It will be my first time with the Magic Bands.
Have fun, Darth!

HMF

Again, Fantasyland was only supposed to receive a Tinkerbell and expanded Pixie Hollow meet and greet -- that's all. And, everyone was so excited (not me) and no one ever complained about it. Today, we ended up with so much more.
So we were going to get the bare minimum and ended up getting slightly more than the bare minimum. New Fantasyland looks nice I will grant you that but in terms of actual content it leaves A LOT to be desired. Tokyo is doing it the way it should have been done.

lazyboy97o

Again, Fantasyland was only supposed to receive a Tinkerbell and expanded Pixie Hollow meet and greet -- that's all. And, everyone was so excited (not me) and no one ever complained about it. Today, we ended up with so much more. The Little Mermaid ride is so cute and the facade is gorgeous. Like, I love this ride so much. And, I didn't see anything exposed. And, @DarthFiscus75 there is a photo pass area in front of the Little Mermaid Castle, so don't miss it.
So people should be happy because you've made up an alternate history?

HauntedMansionFLA

Oh Darth, you are going to have the most amazing time at Disney World. So much has changed since 2011, I love the New Fantasyland and 7DMT and all the other rides, too -- especially at night, it's so beautiful.

I heard that Disney has planned for something similar or even better than Osborne lights, so you *may* be in for a surprise. I don't know if you have Photopass, if not then definitely get it and make sure to scan your band after each ride, you'll get some really cool pics, vids and effects. And, there are tons of picture spots that offer great photo ops, make sure to get one in front of the amazing Christmas tree in each park -- at night with the lights.

OMG, calm down Mike.

In order to be objective, you must set aside your extreme *bias* and put things into proper "perspective" -- only then, can you truly appreciate what Disney has done.

LOL. If I am wearing rose colored glasses -- then you and Mike have EXTREMELY high prescription Doom & Gloom windows and windshields.

Have fun, Darth!
Thanks for the tips. I'm looking forward to the details in NFL - like the shout outs to 20,000 and the nautilus. We plan on staying at the Poly but an EPCOT resort wouldn't be out of the question.
And you are right. TSL is a piece of the puzzle that will be the new DHS. You need it there on one side Of SWL and Muppets, ST and Indy to help with cried control. One shouldn't shoot it down till maybe more detailed pictures come out to spell it out more.

HauntedMansionFLA

OMG, calm down Mike.

Have fun, Darth!
You made an interesting comment about a possible Osborne replacement. Care to share a little more.

FigmentForver96

Dear god, I really hope Siren doesnt put this thread to the ground like she has done to others already.
In the ground like the Slinky Dog Coaster trenches lol? It's ok though see the concept art is the under promised and when it opens they will over achieve by having an interactive queue for slinky and keeping the old bathrooms!!! The Walt philosophy is motion....ahhh

Siren

So we were going to get the bare minimum and ended up getting slightly more than the bare minimum. New Fantasyland looks nice I will grant you that but in terms of actual content it leaves A LOT to be desired. Tokyo is doing it the way it should have been done.
No, of course not. Ugh. I really wanted to go into depth about your comments and offer some real insight. And, I really want to hear your opinion(s) about a few things as well. But, as you can see three dumb trolls have shown up talking ish and I am not going to stoop to their low trashy level. So, I will have to respond to this later (maybe), it could be several days, weeks or months from now, basically anytime after the trolls here disappear. And, they will eventually disappear as no one really wants to talk them and hear them say the same damn thing over and over again like a inept sociopath. Notice how I don't *ever* comment about them. They're all one dimensional and they are boring as hell and I don't care. And, I would rather watch paint dry then to read their posts or even be around them, lol.

Thanks for the tips. I'm looking forward to the details in NFL - like the shout outs to 20,000 and the nautilus. We plan on staying at the Poly but an EPCOT resort wouldn't be out of the question.
And you are right. TSL is a piece of the puzzle that will be the new DHS. You need it there on one side Of SWL and Muppets, ST and Indy to help with cried control. One shouldn't shoot it down till maybe more detailed pictures come out to spell it out more.
I totally agree, there is so much more to consider than just TSL. It's going to be fun to see all of this come together! I hope to talk to you about this more later.

I love the Poly that was our go to resort for many years. The Epcot area resorts are nice too. You can't go wrong with either. I really can't wait to hear feedback from your trip. It's going to be amazing!

So people should be happy because you've made up an alternate history?
This history is *accurate*. You can take this to the bank! LOL.

You made an interesting comment about a possible Osborne replacement. Care to share a little more.
Later and it will probably be in another thread that is civil and void of any nasty trolls. I know you understand why. You don't leave until December, so we have plenty of time.

These trolls need to be dealt with. Seriously - it's getting out of hand. This crazy girl is out of control and is killing threads.
Um, I haven't posted on this forum in *weeks* and I don't kill threads. This forum was completely quiet with hardly anyone posting. I have never seen this forum so slow before. Troll posters like you and the others above you are killing this forum. What you are doing is bullying -- so shame on you. I find you to be so disturbing but you are certainly not the worst.

Oh, and I am not afraid of your dumb horrifying avatar either. Okay, well maybe I am. I am so sick of looking at it! I am leaving this thread right now, since you and a couple others have shown up. I don't *ever* want to be around hateful people like you.

So, you and the other trolls can have at it, go right ahead and bore everyone to sleep. LOL.

Oh let the Siren stay, we need some balance

Just be careful not to look her in the eye and get lured into a false sense of reality by the "magical" tunes she sings...
LOL, you're funny.

Let me stay? Um no, I breathed life into this otherwise dull discussion and none of them were part of any discussion I was having here, that's why it was fun. I honestly don't want to be around any losers which is why I avoid the posters above on this page like the plague. I was in this thread first and long before any them showed up.

Ugh, and the conversation was going so *great* until this page. I was having fun debating with all the other posters on the other page. Oh well, I am so glad to get out of here.

Last edited:

Marc Davis Fan

If they do a good job making it visually clear that the Slinky Dog Coaster is supposed to be built from a coaster "play kit" (rather than just being an unthemed roller coaster), I think TSL might still (even with the new simpler concept art), make for a really worthwhile land from an aesthetic perspective.

My remaining aesthetic concerns include whether there will be enough "toys"/"objects" strewn around to get across that guests are the size of a toy and among toys, whether the green alien ride will make visual sense or break the immersion (why are the green aliens spinning? why are they and The Claw in Andy's backyard? are we riding the aliens, and if not, what are we riding that Andy would have/make?), and whether flora will break the immersion (the "bamboo-as-grass" in Disney's other "you-are-small" lands is of limited success, and this concept art seems to show a lot of flora).

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No, you're right. Walt's philosophy was to under-promise and over-deliver.

Just look at Fantasyland, we were promised a Pixie Hollow meet and greet and people were very excited about that. But we ended up with so much more -- 7DMT, The Little Mermaid Ride and Meet and Greet, Enchanted Tales w/Belle, Two Dumbos with water features, Casey Splash pad (which I avoid, lol), Gaston's Tavern, Story Book Circus, theme restrooms and also the rethemed Goofy coaster! Not to mention, the announcement of Avatarland.

Again, with the Avatarland expansion we're getting ROL, a night safari and expanded evening offerings.

I have to agree. I love the bright colors and cohesive theme, too.

The latest concept art and videos are very dull and kind of ugly. The first picture was much better, so I hope Disney sticks with that. Don't give up yet, Sped!

Awww, that's not fair. The concept coaster is way better than the Toy Story RC racer coaster. I really wanted the parachutes too, but the enhanced coaster is a much better alternative.

This picture is just so amazing -- it fully demonstrates that Toy Story is just one piece of a much larger puzzle.

I could understand some disappointment if TSL was the only land to be added but it's not. And, I can appreciate TSL for what it is.

OMG! This is so cute and one of my favorite parts of the concept art, so I hope Disney keeps this.

This one is so pretty. I really hope Disney sticks with this. The large oversized centerpieces don't cost a thing but add so much and they really help to brighten up and fill in those void and sparse spaces.

The purpose of Toy Story Playland is to add capacity to the overrun Toy Story Mania ride and area as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

This looks much better than Dr Suess play land.

I'm so excited about this cute little land! I just hope it's bright and cute and colorful and not dull and sparse.

Also, I read a post where someone was blaming Avatarland for the "cuts", which is complete nonsense. Avatarland has nothing to do with TSL, and no cuts have been confirmed as yet. We all just need to be patient.
Several very wrong things written in here I'm afraid.

Siren

Several very wrong things written in here I'm afraid.
Really, Marni? The Pixie Hollow and Princess Village expansion was supposed to happen. Here is a picture of the concept art.

10cw6cy.jpg

Marni, you *promised* me that we were not ever going to argue again -- you are supposed to be in my corner. Instead, it is always the opposite. Whenever I post something right you are *nowhere* to be found, but if I post something wrong you make it a point to show up. Why can't you agree with me sometimes? I am taking a long long sabbatical and I will decide how to address this with you later.

If they do a good job making it visually clear that the Slinky Dog Coaster is supposed to be built from a coaster "play kit" (rather than just being an unthemed roller coaster), I think TSL might still (even with the new simpler concept art), make for a really worthwhile land from an aesthetic perspective.

My remaining aesthetic concerns include whether there will be enough "toys"/"objects" strewn around to get across that guests are the size of a toy and among toys, whether the green alien ride will make visual sense or break the immersion (why are the green aliens spinning? why are they and The Claw in Andy's backyard? are we riding the aliens, and if not, what are we riding that Andy would have/make?), and whether flora will break the immersion (the "bamboo-as-grass" in Disney's other "you-are-small" lands is of limited success, and this concept art seems to show a lot of flora).

@marni1971 - I hope you see this. ^^^ These are the kind of posts that I need to see from you. You can't be all negative, all the time. You have to show some enthusiasm about something, anything --not just stuff in the past. Marni, I would *love* to see just one positive post like this, about something new and not Star Wars related -- just *one*.

@Mark Devries -- this is such a thoughtful and well written post. I totally agree with every word you have written here, so I couldn't leave without at least complimenting you first. You really need to post on this forum a lot more.

oge638.jpg

The bright, large color centerpieces like the giant shovel, the color blocks and other toys you mentioned really help to tie this area together into a cute and cohesive theme. The cost for these pieces are negligible but provide so much value to the area. I also love all the bright paint and colors and the grass and flora. I am hoping that Disney sticks with this concept.

Okay, this is honestly my last post. LOL.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Marni, you *promised* me that we were not ever going to argue again -- you are supposed to be in my corner.
Not arguing. Just being honest. Several things you wrote were incorrect.

I'm in no ones corner.

You can't be all negative, all the time. You have to show some enthusiasm about something, anything

Oh I'm not. Just realistic. And I do when it's warranted.

I will decide how to address this with you later.
Please don't. With respect.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

and offer some real insight

That would be a trick.

But, as you can see three dumb trolls have shown up
after the trolls here disappear.
void of any nasty trolls
Troll posters like you and the others above you are killing this forum
So, you and the other trolls can have at it, go right ahead and bore everyone to sleep.
I honestly don't want to be around any losers

pot-kettle.jpg

This history is *accurate*. You can take this to the bank!

People will take Marni's word over yours A-N-Y D-A-Y.

This forum was completely quiet with hardly anyone posting. I have never seen this forum so slow before. Troll posters like you and the others above you are killing this forum.

Now who is the delusional sociopath?

Siren

Not arguing. Just being honest. Several things you wrote were incorrect.

I'm in no ones corner.

Please don't. With respect.
LOL. You're absolutely right, I won't attempt to address this any further. It's become way too bizarre for me and getting worse by the second.

People will take Marni's word over yours A-N-Y D-A-Y.

Now who is the delusional sociopath?
LOL. I think you're mistaken, I totally *adore* Marni. And, I would never think of arguing with him about anything. He is one of the nicest poster's on this forum and has always been very helpful and kind to me from day one. I have nothing but the utmost respect for him. Just ask him and he will tell you. LOL.

Mike S

OMG, calm down Mike.

image.jpeg

Also, I find it funny that I have no need to play games with my "perspective" when it comes to appreciating what Universal and Tokyo Disneyland are doing. I wonder why that is?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom