Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

doctornick

DHS needs a greater number of variety of ride. I don't think any particular type of ride is needed. I don't really see the "need" for a boat ride like POTC or IASW over any other type of dark ride mechanism (the park could use more dark rides, mind you, but there's no reason a boat ride would be more beneficial than, say, an omnimover).

OTOH, if people are suggesting the park would benefit form a water ride that (intentionally -- sorry MK's POTC) gets you wet for the cooling effect, I think there is an argument there to be made. A park doesn't have to have such a ride, but given the hot Florida sun, they are often popular and certainly would diversify the offerings. Then again, Epcot doesn't have any rides like that either.

Launchpad McQuack

I guess, in a way to tie it into the theme, they could make a "splash"/log-type ride and have it look like a giant Slip and Slide. The boats/logs could just be themed to look like different toys that would be pushed along. I'm not sure how well that would work, but it's the only idea I can come up with.

Wikkler

DHS desperately needs a water ride, and your suggestion is certainly no more far-fetched than a slinky dog running on a rollercoaster track. If they really wanted to do a well-themed coaster, making the whole thing look like an elaborate Hot Wheels track, with Super-Chargers (anyone remember those) as the LEM launches would have been great (and specifically linked to the movie).
RC-Racer-01.jpg

I guess, in a way to tie it into the theme, they could make a "splash"/log-type ride and have it look like a giant Slip and Slide. The boats/logs could just be themed to look like different toys that would be pushed along. I'm not sure how well that would work, but it's the only idea I can come up with.
If a person in the land is intended to be the same size as a Barbie doll then the flume would be 20 feet thick.

Brer Panther

I think it could work.

Daveeeeed

If they feel like the park needs a new ride in the future a Lincoln log flume ride would be epic. Maybe if they have 3 boats loading at the sametime one of them gets you soaked like Splash Mountain, while the other two don't, and it could depend on weather. Ex. 90 degree sunny day all three could be "soaked version" while in the winter high 50's day all could be possibility of getting slightly wet like Pirates. A 60 degree day could be 1 soaked etc.

note2001

Partysaurus Rex. ;) Not that I think Toy Story Land necessarily needs a water ride, but there is something water-themed in the series. :)

They could do with a ride on the back of a certain yellow pickup in the pouring rain. Or, would that would be too much like the tram ride in from the parking lot during those Florida downpours?
(gif hidden simply to to keep repetitive animation from bothering folks)
Pizza-Planet_Toy-Story-3.gif

Daveeeeed

They could do with a ride on the back of a certain yellow pickup in the pouring rain. Or, would that would be too much like the tram ride in from the parking lot during those Florida downpours?
(gif hidden simply to to keep repetitive animation from bothering folks)
Pizza-Planet_Toy-Story-3.gif
Like I have said for a while now I think a Pizza Planet ride needs to arrive at HWS. Though I think all indoors would be the best option as you can manipulate the environment to always night etc.

TheOrangeBird01

Like I have said for a while now I think a Pizza Planet ride needs to arrive at HWS. Though I think all indoors would be the best option as you can manipulate the environment to always night etc.

Why not do an indoor Pizza Planet chase rollercoaster, like the scene at the climax of Toy Story 2, when Buzz and the other toys are racing to the Airport in a Pizza Planet truck? I don't know where that would fit, though. Maybe a half Pizza Planet restaurant, half Pizza Planet ride ...?

Pam Hates Penguins

Why not do an indoor Pizza Planet chase rollercoaster, like the scene at the climax of Toy Story 2, when Buzz and the other toys are racing to the Airport in a Pizza Planet truck? I don't know where that would fit, though. Maybe a half Pizza Planet restaurant, half Pizza Planet ride ...?

I'm sorry. That cannot happen. They don't have the room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom