Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

doctornick

Money is a pretty good one that even I would agree with. They don't need to clone every single great attraction. Just make the 4 parks they have the best they can be.

In general, I agree. I think there's an argument, though, that it's sensible to clone the top attractions to different parks to allow the greatest number of guests to enjoy them. I don't mean copying every ride everywhere, but if you have already invested the money in developing a top notch attraction, why not benefit from that build by duplicating it in one or two other parks. There are soon to be 6 Disney resorts worldwide, no reason every top E-ticket couldn't be in 2 or 3 each.

Obviously, you have to have a sensible place to put the rides though and some of them (especially some at WDW from Epcot or DAK) may not fit in other resorts.

Goofyernmost

Money is a pretty good one that even I would agree with. They don't need to clone every single great attraction. Just make the 4 parks they have the best they can be.
You are correct, they do not need to clone every one, but, if they have a major one... say like Carsland, an attraction that is very popular, it should be in both places. Otherwise, why is there a Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Castle, Splash Mtn, Space Mtn, Thunder Mtn. in most of the parks. It is because it is very popular and would be a draw no matter what park they were in or how many. Small World is another along with The Carousel, the "race way", and Dumbo. The problem right now is that WDW has all their big attractions in MK and it is a real issue. They need some proven headliners in all the parks because they need more traffic in those parks to take the pressure off MK. Not to mention that there are literally millions of people that will not travel to Anaheim for whatever reason they have. Why should those people be deprived of a good thing. It makes no sense. Almost no one would go to Anaheim just to see Carsland, if they went at all it would be to visit the original Disneyland.

Last edited:

Mike S

In general, I agree. I think there's an argument, though, that it's sensible to clone the top attractions to different parks to allow the greatest number of guests to enjoy them. I don't mean copying every ride everywhere, but if you have already invested the money in developing a top notch attraction, why not benefit from that build by duplicating it in one or two other parks. There are soon to be 6 Disney resorts worldwide, no reason every top E-ticket couldn't be in 2 or 3 each.

Obviously, you have to have a sensible place to put the rides though and some of them (especially some at WDW from Epcot or DAK) may not fit in other resorts.
Also some are paid to be exclusive like Mystic Manor, Grizzly Mountain, Iron Man, Ratatouille, etc. and others that Disney would never clone because of either money involved or a similar attraction already existing. For money, pretty much everything amazing and currently exclusive to TDR.
You are correct, they do not need to clone everyone, but, if they have a major one... say like Carsland, an attraction that is very popular, it should be in both places. Otherwise, why is there a Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Castle, Splash Mtn, Space Mtn, Thunder Mtn. in most of the parks. It is because it is very popular and would be a draw no matter what park they were in or how many. Small World is another along with The Carousel, the "race way", and Dumbo. The problem right now is that WDW has all their big attractions in MK and it is a real issue. They need some proven headliners in all the parks because they need more traffic in those parks to take the pressure off MK. Not to mention that there are literally millions of people that will not travel to Anaheim for whatever reason they have. Why should those people be deprived of a good thing. It makes no sense. Almost no one would go to Anaheim just to see Carsland, if they went at all it would be to visit the original Disneyland.
Cars Land would fall into my second point above. Also, I went west for DLR as a whole ;)

lazyboy97o

Yes. When we were riding it last month in DCA, I remember thinking that DHS could really use a ride or two like that just to round out the park's offerings. If they are spending hundreds of millions of dollars reinventing the park, they should be able to allot a small amount of that budget (and land) to build some simple all ages dark rides.
Unfortunately such attractions cannot be justified as an addition to a park. They don't stick out enough in people's minds so that they credit such a small experience with driving their visit.

Also some are paid to be exclusive like Mystic Manor, Grizzly Mountain, Iron Man, Ratatouille, etc. and others that Disney would never clone because of either money involved or a similar attraction already existing. For money, pretty much everything amazing and currently exclusive to TDR.
Tokyo Disney Resort did not secure enough exclusivity and it's why they sort of stopped with the big new attractions following the Tower of Terror. The Oriental Land Company grew tired of paying for Disney's research and development. This is why exclusivity is so central to the Chinese parks regardless of their distance from each other, much less any of the other Disney parks.

Mike S

Tokyo Disney Resort did not secure enough exclusivity and it's why they sort of stopped with the big new attractions following the Tower of Terror. The Oriental Land Company grew tired of paying for Disney's research and development. This is why exclusivity is so central to the Chinese parks regardless of their distance from each other, much less any of the other Disney parks.
Ride & Go Seek opened after Tower. After that though I think you're right. Nothing really big until they get Frozen Land and New Fantasyland.

Cesar R M

M
You are correct, they do not need to clone every one, but, if they have a major one... say like Carsland, an attraction that is very popular, it should be in both places. Otherwise, why is there a Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Castle, Splash Mtn, Space Mtn, Thunder Mtn. in most of the parks. It is because it is very popular and would be a draw no matter what park they were in or how many. Small World is another along with The Carousel, the "race way", and Dumbo. The problem right now is that WDW has all their big attractions in MK and it is a real issue. They need some proven headliners in all the parks because they need more traffic in those parks to take the pressure off MK. Not to mention that there are literally millions of people that will not travel to Anaheim for whatever reason they have. Why should those people be deprived of a good thing. It makes no sense. Almost no one would go to Anaheim just to see Carsland, if they went at all it would be to visit the original Disneyland.
Maybe thats the point.
They want people to go ELSEWHERE to ANOTHER PARK to "get the full" list of all Disney branded attractions. They double dip you in hotels, trips and parks.

Daveeeeed

Where in toy story does a major water ride fit?
They could've made a log ride except you are in a lincoln log, and theme it that the Toys wanted to use Andy's Lincoln Logs to cool off on a Summer day, so throughout you have the toys with toy cranes etc. trying to build it. An easter egg could be one of the LGM's could be in the claw and the two others say the claw or something. Not too creative, but still something along those lines could of been between a d and a e. WOuld've actually been a great addition to the park IMO.

Brian Swan

They could've made a log ride except you are in a lincoln log, and theme it that the Toys wanted to use Andy's Lincoln Logs to cool off on a Summer day, so throughout you have the toys with toy cranes etc. trying to build it. An easter egg could be one of the LGM's could be in the claw and the two others say the claw or something. Not too creative, but still something along those lines could of been between a d and a e. WOuld've actually been a great addition to the park IMO.
DHS desperately needs a water ride, and your suggestion is certainly no more far-fetched than a slinky dog running on a rollercoaster track. If they really wanted to do a well-themed coaster, making the whole thing look like an elaborate Hot Wheels track, with Super-Chargers (anyone remember those) as the LEM launches would have been great (and specifically linked to the movie).

gmajew

DHS desperately needs a water ride, and your suggestion is certainly no more far-fetched than a slinky dog running on a rollercoaster track. If they really wanted to do a well-themed coaster, making the whole thing look like an elaborate Hot Wheels track, with Super-Chargers (anyone remember those) as the LEM launches would have been great (and specifically linked to the movie).

Why does it need a water ride? if they were adding 8-10 attractions sure but at this stage it needs so much more then a ride that gets you wet....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom