Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

jt04

DSC4781-610x381.jpg

look at the size of the people in this picture
quite the scale dont you think?
It is so funny you mention this. I zoomed in on some pics from Pandora and the scale is very similar.

The mouse is messing with us now. :cautious:

:)

tribbleorlfl

Definitely disappointing. What was already a lackluster addition (seriously, only 2 attractions?!?) definitely seems to be a waste of space at this point.

I do have a question, though. Considering the theme (Andy's backyard) and the location of TSL, is there any chance HISTK will remain?

Brad Bishop

Definitely disappointing. What was already a lackluster addition (seriously, only 2 attractions?!?) definitely seems to be a waste of space at this point.

I do have a question, though. Considering the theme (Andy's backyard) and the location of TSL, is there any chance HISTK will remain?

I thought it was definite that HISTK was going away. Outside from that, I've always found it oddly placed and, while I'm sure it was nice and shiny when it was new, the few times I've poked my head into it over the last few years it's looked pretty dingy and forgotten.

Herbie

It would be neat-o if they could reuse some of the grass elements from HISTK for TSL, but that's probably not happening.

If they keep cheapening things, I wouldn't mind getting an RC Racer or Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop at this point, although I wouldn't want them to waste any more land...

doctornick

. With all Disney expansions as of late, I always feel they are always lacking that one extra ride that would make the expansion great.

Agreed. Disney of late always seen to skimp on the number of rides with expansions, which is part of the reason that the parks feel incomplete. I don't have much problem with them going "cheap" for TSL but they really should been adding 3 rides with it (in addition to TSMM). Remember when there was talk about adding an LPS ride (like the new Luigi's in Cars Land) themed to Buzz? That would have been nice.

Given the size of the TSL addition, only adding two off the shelf rides is sad.

doctornick

Finally...hopefully by year's end they can remove those trees if they are willing to break a little sweat.

Not to mention, actually take down the water tower.

What's going on with the backstage parking deck? Is that going to be retained? Seems like it would be very evident from within TSL if it stays.

SirLink

I am really upset about the changes to the slinky dog coaster. Everything that made this exposed coaster somewhat acceptable has now been cut. The trenches hid a lot of the track. Now that the lift hill has been removed, the path that went under it has also been removed. This would have helped with the traffic flow for the land while also adding some great picture spots.

I know it won't matter, but I fired off another e-mail to Georgie K. I really hope they revert back to the original design. Disney is so short-sighted these days when it comes to the WDW parks. Disney is making it very hard for me to defend them anymore. I think I may have run out of pixie dust. Which sucks!

That was never gonna pass the Disney Legal Team© not in the previous artwork. Also that gave them the freedom to ditch the expensive rockwork trenches - to get the project back down. As was it was heading towards $500m. How anyone can justify TSL at that cost ... no one can.

Unless WDI somehow manages to work out how to build D23 TSL for either $400m or less - it doesn't matter if you whisper sweet thoughts into any WDW executive ... not happening.

Daveeeeed

That was never gonna pass the Disney Legal Team© not in the previous artwork. Also that gave them the freedom to ditch the expensive rockwork trenches - to get the project back down. As was it was heading towards $500m. How anyone can justify TSL at that cost ... no one can.

Unless WDI somehow manages to work out how to build D23 TSL for either $400m or less - it doesn't matter if you whisper sweet thoughts into any WDW executive ... not happening.
The land as it was wasn't even going to cost 250 million...

The new land as it is now won't even cost that much more than the 85m toy Story Playland.

Kate F

Does a Summer 2018 opening still seem likely at this point? I had originally hoped they'd have it ready by late 2017, but I don't think that's possible now.

Little Green Men

A site that shall not be named posted pictures of close-ups of the art work. It shows that the toy supports of the track are the same as before and there's still scenes in the middle of the coaster like Jessie rescuing Rex from a tower of Jenga pieces

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom