Toy Story Land Already Disappointing?

Mickey5150

The difference between Spaceship Earth and TSL is that it takes FOREVER to walk over to Spaceship Earth once you're literally on ANY other attraction in the park. Toy Story Land doesn't really have that excuse in a park the size of HS.
Well, it's excuse can be it's park is so small, it is the new half day park. Also, if it rains the queues for the new attractions are outside so those waits might go down. I'm just saying 1 second of the MDE app doesn't give any indication of whether something is a disappointment.

Mickey5150

The best place to nap is Carousel of Progress, it is so cool in there and the motion will put you right to sleep,
The only reason I'm going to miss Universe of Energy is because it truly was the best place to nap. 45 minutes of slow moving lights out excitement. I'm not sure anyone ever made it without their eyes closing at least once.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Well, it's excuse can be it's park is so small, it is the new half day park. Also, if it rains the queues for the new attractions are outside so those waits might go down. I'm just saying 1 second of the MDE app doesn't give any indication of whether something is a disappointment.
It does in comparison to other attractions with outdoor queue segments where people will still wait in line... Such as 7 Dwarves and Flight of Passage.

yensidtlaw1969

Not every ride has to be aimed at you. It's okay to have some more kiddie rides in the parks.
They didn't say every ride needed to be aimed at them - they said they'd like ONE that compares to the ones he listed.

Fantasyland has always been full of attractions that can be enjoyed by all ages, even if you're not the age group they are "aimed" at. It's sad that this practice falls too often by the wayside. There's no reason Toy Story Land couldn't have produced a ride like this.

The question is a good one - Is there an attraction that was designed under Iger's tenure that compares to the ones they listed?

Mickey5150

It does in comparison to other attractions with outdoor queue segments where people will still wait in line... Such as 7 Dwarves and Flight of Passage.
But we didn't see their wait times so we couldn't compare. Also, there is a fair amount of queue inside for those 2, not true of anything in TSL except for Mania.

BlakeW39

They didn't say every ride needed to be aimed at them - they said they'd like ONE that compares to the ones he listed.

Fantasyland has always been full of attractions that can be enjoyed by all ages, even if you're not the age group they are "aimed" at. It's sad that this practice falls too often by the wayside. There's no reason Toy Story Land couldn't have produced a ride like this.

The question is a good one - Is there an attraction that was designed under Iger's tenure that compares to the ones they listed?
I just rode Flight of Passage and it is on that level. So is 7 Dwarves. But I do agree, with all of the money Disney's been raking in, they shoud've created some more E-Tickets and even lands in these parks over the last 10 years or so. I'd like to see a better Adventureland and Tommorland in DMK, tbh.

Disneyhead'71

I don't leave! And with all the lines, sometimes no one gets out before dark. In terms of environment, Potter is narrow streets lined with crowded shops and glorious British atmosphere, whereas Pandora is tranquility in an Alien world. I love them both, they're my favorite theme park environments in Orlando, but I spend just as much time in Pandora as I do in the Wizarding World.
Doing what? There isn't very much to do in Pandora. 2 rides, 1 show, 2 interactive plants, 1 restaurant/bar, 1 shop. That's it. Potter is 5 rides, 4 stage show, 2 interactive shows, 27 interactive wand spots, 7 restaurants/bars, and 12 shops.

mrdcball

We were in Toy Story Land last week. Loved it. Super cute at night especially. Love the Slinky Coaster. I am just not sure what people are expecting anymore. Also, the grilled cheese and tots was a great snack.
Enjoy Disney.....it's a special place....

tomast

We were in Toy Story Land last week. Loved it. Super cute at night especially. Love the Slinky Coaster. I am just not sure what people are expecting anymore. Also, the grilled cheese and tots was a great snack.
Enjoy Disney.....it's a special place....
Does someone knows if mr potatoe head AA show up??

Disneyhead'71

This summer is soft. None of the Orlando parks opened a compelling attraction and I believe that we are seeing the beginning of the, "We'll wait until next year when X opens" effect.

2009 was a bad year for Universal because everyone postponed their trips until Potter opened in 2010. I think we are seeing a similar effect now with SW:GE.

Following that logic, Summer 2019 will be a great time to go to WDW. You'll miss SW:GE, but the parks should have very manageable crowds. 2019 Christmas? Not so much.

DfromATX

Sorry I have to say Potter is better done then Pandora.

Diagon Alley looks like it should, dead on. Very good work there. With the Dueling dragons being replaced by what looks like a really good coaster the Potter lands are just getting better. I have to say Not sure any more Potter is needed at Universal but Dueling Dragons just wasn't doing it where it was. There was basically no lines even when the park was full. It's replacement looks like it will be an E-ticket for sure.

Pandora is too small. It could be built out better in the future because whether the new movies do anything or not the land is very busy and I think it will stay that way. The reason is FoP. I think that's better then all the Potter rides at the moment. Not that the Potter rides are less then E tickets but FoP is just better. The restaurant looked good but didn't try it out. Gift shop looked like people liked it, I'm not a gift shop kind of guy but I know whether people are enjoying it themselves. My main problem is Pandora looks a little to cartoonish for me. Very plastic fake looking. I have seen it at night and during the day light. Floating rocks didn't do much for me, I like the tree of life better. It's more impressive in my opinion.

Neither lands are bad and Potter had a head start. Not sure if Pandora will ever expand?

Agreed. We saw it in June. Loved FOP, but after we rode it, we left. The land itself didn't draw us in to explore like I had expected. We didn't even eat at the restaurant like we originally planned to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom