Toy Story Land Already Disappointing?

jaklgreen

....what a terribly ignorant statement.

E doesn't mean thrill........what you don't understand is a lot.

Wow that is rude. While it is true that the original E ticket attractions where not thrill rides. Saying an attraction is E-ticket now has become synonymous with thrill rides because tickets where ranked based on what was most popular. Now the most popular rides are the thrill rides, hence "E-ticket". My point stands that they have to build family friendly rides that all generations can go on. And your definition of E ticket might not be the same as others as we all have different ideas of what is "top shelf". There are many people who do not like FoP but many would argue that the ride is most definitely E-ticket worthy. E- ticket or top shelf worthy is very arbitrary, always has been.

eliza61nyc

....what a terribly ignorant statement.

E doesn't mean thrill........what you don't understand is a lot.
Here's the thing Damon, Isn't that whole alphabet/ride thing old? I had no idea what it was until I came here and sorry I don't think any post are "ignorant", I would wager quite a number of wdw quest donot know about E, C A rides or however they were graded. More importantly I doubt all but the purist here care.

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

have you seen mystic manor, Toy story midway mania, Monsters Inc. Ride & Go Seek ?? those are not Trhill E-Tickets!

Ok folks, how many people have been to Hong Kong Disney or Tokyo Disney.Yeah because that's a easily accessible ride,

So to answer you're question, no I have never seen mystic manor and unless it comes to the US, I won't see it.

We get it, the Asian parks are great. Exactly how is that relevant to the Florida parks?

Tom Morrow

Secondly...we're already a year+ out and the current ride times are 140 minutes and 60 minutes respectively. Perhaps a few more rides should have been built within the land to accommodate the traffic. Na'vi River is a pretty high-capacity ride and the wait is still outrageous. FoP I give a pass to because of the experience time and load-capacity. But surely adding one or two carnival rides would have help things.
Have you been on Na'vi? Because one of the most instantly recognizable flaws one can make is that has ridiculously low capacity for the park, and that is the main reason behind its long wait times. It should have been a people eater given the somewhat unremarkable ride experience.

Last edited:

HansGruber

Have you been on Na'vi? Because one of the most instantly recognizable flaws one can make is that it's ridiculously low capacity for the park, and that is the main reason behind its long wait times.

I have been on it.
Isn't it of similar capacity to Pirates or Small World? Each of those boats can support roughly 20 passengers; which equates to roughly 40 passengers per load & launch cycle.

Tom Morrow

I have been on it.
Isn't it of similar capacity to Pirates or Small World? Each of those boats can support roughly 20 passengers; which equates to roughly 40 passengers per load & launch cycle.
Na'vi seats only a max of six people per boat, at approximately the same rate of dispatch as IASW.

tomast

Ok folks, how many people have been to Hong Kong Disney or Tokyo Disney.Yeah because that's a easily accessible ride,

So to answer you're question, no I have never seen mystic manor and unless it comes to the US, I won't see it.

We get it, the Asian parks are great. Exactly how is that relevant to the Florida parks?

I dont say if you ride it, i mean see it on youtube or else, that are really E tickets rides, and Toy Story Midway mania on WDW DHS is also E ticket and none of them are thrill rides!

Movielover

I wonder what internet forums would have been like when all of MGM Studios opened with 2 attractions.

2 attractions?

What happened to the other 9?
Maps_Full_5089.jpg

Unless you meant just 2 rides in which case you are deliberately ignoring arguably the park's main focus being live interaction.

Damon7777

tickets where ranked based on what was most popular. Now the most popular rides are the thrill rides, hence "E-ticket".

E ticket is not predicated on popularity, nor thrill;
an attraction's E ticket status is based on its large scale and/or scope or in other words its ambitious approach. Some E tickets flopped---rejected by the masses such as Sindbad and Alien Encounter, perhaps Poseidon's Fury too

NormC

an attraction's E ticket status is based on its large scale and/or scope or in other words its ambitious approach. Some E tickets flopped---rejected by the masses such as Sindbad and Alien Encounter, perhaps Poseidon's Fury too
No, when Disney originally assigned the letters it was based on popularity. It has changed over the years as consumers now assign letters based on their opinions of an attraction. Developers also use E-to indicate a thrill ride or a new technological experience.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Unless you meant just 2 rides in which case you are deliberately ignoring arguably the park's main focus being live interaction.
Swing and miss. MGM opened with 2 operating rides. If you read the post I was quoting it was complaining that Pandora needs more mega attractions, it's a sarcastic retort wondering how much people would complain in the past. Your map is also incorrect, as Indiana Jones was not an opening day show (it opened Aug 25, 1989)

Movielover

Swing and miss. MGM opened with 2 operating rides. If you read the post I was quoting it was complaining that Pandora needs more mega attractions, it's a sarcastic retort wondering how much people would complain in the past. Your map is also incorrect, as Indiana Jones was not an opening day show (it opened Aug 25, 1989)

Yes but if you are going to WDW just for the rides you are missing arguably over half the resort's attractions. Also the nighttime fireworks are not listed on that map but still count as a attraction so my number is still correct. Swing and a miss indeed sir!

jaklgreen

IASW was an E ticket ride. You are saying that a bunch of dolls is ambitious? So was the Tiki room. Now those rides are what others consider "filler" attractions. It is all subjective and changes with the times. 50 years ago the alien saucers could have been considered E ticket.

spacemt354

Chili's
Yes but if you are going to WDW just for the rides you are missing arguably over half the resort's attractions. Also the nighttime fireworks are not listed on that map but still count as a attraction so my number is still correct. Swing and a miss indeed sir!
I agree with you, I never disputed the value of shows in fact in the past I have argued the same exact thing. You're trying to 'gotcha' someone who already agrees with you, and was slightly sarcastically responded to someone claiming they want more attractions. Get it?

Damon7777

IASW was an E ticket ride. You are saying that a bunch of dolls is ambitious?

Please don't be dishonest here.
You know well, or should know darn well, that that attraction was a 'biggie' and very substantial for its day.
So, "yes" .... under the context of when it was introduced it was very ambitious.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom