Tower of Terror to get updates this summer

Lee

Adventurer
Not unexpected. Been hearing about it in bits and pieces for a while.
Only question is what the enhancements will be. I've heard a couple things...some of which could really have a nice impact.

Another great benefit of this update, is that it will hopefully give them a chance to completely sort out the audio issues that have been affecting it in recent years.
Yep. I've been told that audio is a priority.

Note: It is official. Being a true Disney park fan is like spiritual enlightenment. You can't achieve it until you have experienced every attraction. Sorry. Not riding ToT is cause for a demotion to some lower tier of fandom. :rolleyes:

tirian

Only question is what the enhancements will be. I've heard a couple things...some of which could really have a nice impact.

Note: It is official. Being a true Disney park fan is like spiritual enlightenment. You can't achieve it until you have experienced every attraction. Sorry. Not riding ToT is cause for a demotion to some lower tier of fandom. :rolleyes:

Agreed.

tiaragirl

This is good for Tower of Terror fans, but honestly, I could care less. This isn't a deciding factor on whether or not to visit WDW in the summer, so I'm surprised they're doing it.

They're doing tons that are 'deciding factors' about trips. Honestly, you seem a little bitter because you don't like the ride.

I, on the other hand, am ridiculously excited.

eddiemcgarrigle

Tower Of Terror is my favourite of all rides in Florida. Nothing beats the whole feel of the ride from the queue to the load area to the ride itself. Absolutely gagging to hear what is to happen to it and hopefully it can be integrated before my trip in May.

Hiow can you not like a ride that throws up so many ride variations? What a surprise, albeit a pleasant one, when it shot down for the first drop instead of going up.

While we are on the subject, can anyone name the song that is frequently played in the outside queue area? Sounds like an instrumental but I can't be sure.

Animaniac93-98

:eek:

Didn't see this coming. Wondering what they could do differently about that drop?

And not riding ToT is really missing out on something. Like one of the reasons you go to WDW in the first place, it's that kind of attraction.

surfsupdon

While we are on the subject, can anyone name the song that is frequently played in the outside queue area? Sounds like an instrumental but I can't be sure.

My favorite queue music song is We'll Meet Again by Vera Lynn. It has such a creepy vibe, and seems to be a favorite b/c it is often played in high rotation.

devoy1701

Yep. I've been told that audio is a priority.

I hope we get the shake and release effect that DCA's ToT has. It really adds to the suspense before you drop because you really have no idea which way it's going to go! I really enjoyed that extra drop effect while out at DL!

_Scar

WOW, It just dawned on me... new lighting effects!!

Hopefully we get something along these lines of projected images on the building

[youtube]eenJMKiYR_s[/youtube]
[youtube]_1qwWSlYuks[/youtube]

Or even TDS' effect

[youtube]wi4L17gpojU[/youtube]

RSoxNo1

Tower of Terror is one of, if not the most "complete" rides on property. Working effects, totally immersive, decent story telling. The best part of the Haunted Mansion refurbishment was the audio, and if they're doing something similar here than we are in for a real treat.

I wonder how much downtime will be required to make these enhancements?

MrX8991

I'm looking forward to this. I really don't see them changing too much about the drops as much as just updating the sound and effects, but it should still be good.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Tower of Terror is one of, if not the most "complete" rides on property. Working effects, totally immersive, decent story telling. The best part of the Haunted Mansion refurbishment was the audio, and if they're doing something similar here than we are in for a real treat.

I wonder how much downtime will be required to make these enhancements?

Probably none. It will be done one side at a time, or even overnight. ToT has never really had a total downtime in all it's years.

Vernonpush

Tower Of Terror is my favourite of all rides in Florida. Nothing beats the whole feel of the ride from the queue to the load area to the ride itself. Absolutely gagging to hear what is to happen to it and hopefully it can be integrated before my trip in May.

Hiow can you not like a ride that throws up so many ride variations? What a surprise, albeit a pleasant one, when it shot down for the first drop instead of going up.

http://www.towerofterror.org/library/audio

This is a list of the background music.

SMRT-1

could this mean a more extreme type drop sequence? yea, the current ones are thrilling but i think it could definitely be kicked up a notch.

the-reason14

could this mean a more extreme type drop sequence? yea, the current ones are thrilling but i think it could definitely be kicked up a notch.

That would be cool. I wonder how they could do that though, the seat belts wouldnt seem to be able to support more extreme drops, but if they could do that, that would be great.

_Scar

What's the furthest you drop at one time on ToT (I know it's random, but sorta the average amount of feet). I hate free-fall, but I now feel I must go on this ride... :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom