Tower of Terror to get updates this summer

voodoo321

I didn't like the tilted vehicle on Orbiter and will proudly never do it again. Glad I tried it, but I'm glad because now I know not to make that mistake lol

Did anyone else have a problem with this when they went on it?

Yes. That ride is painful! Will never do it again.

TalkingHead

Just confirmed with my Aunt's best friend (who invest Disney's Hollywood Studios): The AGVs will be placed on KUKA arms for Summer Nightastic. The robotic arm will swing you around as you go through the new drop sequences.

That's so awesome, I will definitely be planning a trip to WDW this summer to see that!!!

_Scar

Not really a problem with it, other than the fact that it scared the CRAP out of me. I don't have a fear of heights but for some reason I was terrified. We tried it once because we couldn't believe we had never tried it before. Never again.

Yea, the heights I'm fine with- but here I got unexpectedly queazy and I'm usually good about keeping my stomach in line. :shrug:

And thanks Voodoo for understanding! :sohappy:

I really think this needs to be expanded upon ....

This really needs to be expanded upon to account for more levels of fan...

Level 1 Silver (ridden all Level 1 plus)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Skyway
Body Wars
ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
The Timekeeper
Sea Cabs
Superstar Television

Level 1 Gold (ridden all Level 1 Silver plus)
Horizons
World of Motion
Mission To Mars
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Tropical Serenade
Captain EO
Mike Fink Keel Boats
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes
Backstage Magic

Level 1 Plantinum (ridden all Level 1 Gold plus)
If You Had Wings
Magic Carpet 'Round the World
Mickey Mouse Revue
Magic Journeys (EPCOT)
Astuter Computer Revue

Level 1 Diamond (ridden all Level 1 Plantinum plus)
Swan Boats
Flight to the Moon

Get a plus (+) next to your level if you did the following:
- Played a video game in the Penny Arcade
- Participated in the EPCOT Poll
- Made a dining reservation in EPCOT using WorldKey
- Defeated SMRT-1
- Successfully loaded the airplane in Get Set Jet

At first I was proud to say I am a Diamond Plus...but then I realized how old I am now...ugh...:lookaroun

devoy1701

i'm sorry but this thread is 21 pages long and it looks like its gotten a bit off topic.

Can someone please re sum up what the updates that will be happening this summer are going to be?

EDIT: Anyone????? Bueller?

raven

The hardware and projectors for the lighting effects are on property already. They will test the effects elswhere before they are installed.

Pseybert

i'm sorry but this thread is 21 pages long and it looks like its gotten a bit off topic.

Can someone please re sum up what the updates that will be happening this summer are going to be?

EDIT: Anyone????? Bueller?

Cliff Notes:

-Someone said new drop sequence cancelled.
-My Uncle confirmed 19 new drop sequences and touch screens.
-My Aunt confirmed Kuka-arm capabilities being added. (Summer only.)

devoy1701

so no one really knows anything yet and that's why we've had a 15 page thread drift?

ok...now i'm up to speed... carry on! :wave:

Goofygirl07

haha funny thread. But my 16 year old brother insists that TOT is getting a new drop sequence. He tells me he heard it from the fan forum website he is apart of. (don't remember the name of it right now) so who knows...

rodserling27

If they were adding a new drop sequence, I'm wondering why they'd ONLY do it for Summer Nightastic...maybe as a way to "beta test" it? If the guests really like it, then maybe they keep it? I don't know......I have a feeling we won't be getting a new drop profile, but that's just my instinct, which is, of course, based on nothing legit.

RSoxNo1

If they were adding a new drop sequence, I'm wondering why they'd ONLY do it for Summer Nightastic...maybe as a way to "beta test" it? If the guests really like it, then maybe they keep it? I don't know......I have a feeling we won't be getting a new drop profile, but that's just my instinct, which is, of course, based on nothing legit.

I understand having a new drop sequence being a Summer specific thing, but if they put in 3D audio, it would seem wasteful to have that be Summer specific as it would require installation of speakers.

csm

I have a feeling we won't be getting a new drop profile, but that's just my instinct, which is, of course, based on nothing legit.

Why would you "have a feeling" that something which was already officially announced by Disney was not happening? I gotta say, it's very frustrating in general when internet fans assume they know more about a project than the company actually doing it. Not just in regards to Disney, but it sure does happen a lot whenever there's mouse ear hats on.

_Scar

Why would you "have a feeling" that something which was already officially announced by Disney was not happening? I gotta say, it's very frustrating in general when internet fans assume they know more about a project than the company actually doing it. Not just in regards to Disney, but it sure does happen a lot whenever there's mouse ear hats on.

I agree with you, however many things Disney announced have never happened.

Think about it: all the abandoned World Showcases, all those monorail hotels, a Nightastic dragon, Beastly Kingdom, the Golden Years @ Pop!

A short list, but I think I made my point. Odd things have happened before, why can't they happen again?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Things have been going on in Tower for quite a while now. There will be new experiences to be had come summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom