Tower of Terror to get updates this summer

Pseybert

Just re-confirmed with my uncle (who designed the Tower of Terror in Florida - need I say more?) and he confirmed both the 19 new drop profiles and the touch screens. I can't say how exactly the screens will be used though.

T-1MILLION

Just re-confirmed with my uncle (who designed the Tower of Terror in Florida - need I say more?) and he confirmed both the 19 new drop profiles and the touch screens. I can't say how exactly the screens will be used though.

They will be there to help distract you from the redone descent and its lack of elements.

IWant2GoNow

Touch screens... on ToT? The ONLY thing I can think of them using these for is to vote on a drop sequence between all the riders. Other than that... why? If they are including them, I'll trust Disney to do something great with them, but if it distracts from the ride... :brick:

rodserling27

Touch screens... on ToT? The ONLY thing I can think of them using these for is to vote on a drop sequence between all the riders. Other than that... why? If they are including them, I'll trust Disney to do something great with them, but if it distracts from the ride... :brick:

I don't think the touch screen comments are for real :animwink:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
In the most recent Allears newsletter, there is an article about the new Summer Nightastic, and the author throws out the possibility of the new effects being inside the drop shaft, and that the new drop sequences will allow us to see the effects by pausing the car more often inside the shaft.

I feel like this has the potential to be both true and cool. What do you all think?

csm

You recognize he was being sarcastic about the touchscreens, right? Apparently not.

I gotta say, popular answer or not, it really makes me sad to think there are people out there dense enough to be able to find justification for such an obviously wrong idea. People like that sitting at a table are how bad attractions happen in the first place.

Head slamming into wall indeed.

IWant2GoNow

You recognize he was being sarcastic about the touchscreens, right? Apparently not.

I gotta say, popular answer or not, it really makes me sad to think there are people out there dense enough to be able to find justification for such an obviously wrong idea. People like that sitting at a table are how bad attractions happen in the first place.

Head slamming into wall indeed.

I read post #290 about a possible "re-confirming" from a somewhat new member. My mistake.

And I've already apologized for my "dense" post in post #295. I'm not normally so gullible.

But thanks for making me feel like a complete idiot. I'm sure you feel better about your day. Now... on with your regularly scheduled thread. :wave:

rodserling27

I read post #290 about a possible "re-confirming" from a somewhat new member. My mistake.

And I've already apologized for my "dense" post in post #295. I'm not normally so gullible.

But thanks for making me feel like a complete idiot. I'm sure you feel better about your day. Now... on with your regularly scheduled thread. :wave:

Don't worry, I don't think you're a complete idiot. Everyone makes silly mistakes from time to time! :wave:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No.
Just....no.
Martin Smith at Level 2? That won't do. Won't do at all.
Next trip over...I supply the dramamine. And the blindfold.
:D
After that I owe you a BBQ sandwich. Well....maybe not right after....
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

End of August. I may do Astro Orbiter if you drag me.

Sandwich optional but if you have the time it`d be nice. Tiana won`t hold us up this time ;)

RiversideBunny

The secret to spinning rides, if they cause you problems, is to focus on something that is not moving in relation to you.
Like- on the Teacups just watch the other side of your own teacup.
On Astro Orbiter you can look at the rocket in front of yours.

This hereby constitutes my magnificent suggestion of the day.
:)

hack2112

The secret to spinning rides, if they cause you problems, is to focus on something that is not moving in relation to you.
Like- on the Teacups just watch the other side of your own teacup.
On Astro Orbiter you can look at the rocket in front of yours.

This hereby constitutes my magnificent suggestion of the day.
:)
the_more_you_know2.jpg

_Scar

I didn't like the tilted vehicle on Orbiter and will proudly never do it again. Glad I tried it, but I'm glad because now I know not to make that mistake lol

Did anyone else have a problem with this when they went on it?

DiPSU224

I didn't like the tilted vehicle on Orbiter and will proudly never do it again. Glad I tried it, but I'm glad because now I know not to make that mistake lol

Did anyone else have a problem with this when they went on it?

Not really a problem with it, other than the fact that it scared the CRAP out of me. I don't have a fear of heights but for some reason I was terrified. We tried it once because we couldn't believe we had never tried it before. Never again.

durhay

New audio:

MVO:
Elevator 1 is now departing. Our final destination today - a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination.

Grandmother:
Hey, that's some destination.

Grandfather:
My wife's right!

WDITrent

New audio:

MVO:
Elevator 1 is now departing. Our final destination today - a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination.

Grandmother:
Hey, that's some destination.

Grandfather:
My wife's right!
For the false ending:

Grandmother: Aw, it went by so quickly.

Grandfather: Yes. But the best part about the Twilight Zone is that it's only beginning!

Both: AAAAHHHH!!

Pseybert

Just confirmed with my Aunt's best friend (who invented Disney's Hollywood Studios): The AGVs will be placed on KUKA arms for Summer Nightastic. The robotic arm will swing you around as you go through the new drop sequences.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom