tourist reports Bed bugs in Disney resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustInTime

Wow. I think this is a bit worse than the gilr's foot that got hit by a door. This could be linked to Disney as their fault. With this case, I think Disney may owe them something. It's one thing to cut your foot on a door but it is another to have bugs living under your skin.

NewfieFan

Here's another reason why we don't stay at all star resorts :brick:

Is this sarcastic or serious? Because bed bugs don't care if it's the motel on the highway or the Grand Floridian... it's not a class/money issue! Bed bugs travel on all types of clothes, luggage, etc. You can get them in cheap hotels and you can get them in the most expensive hotels!

DisneyGigi

Ya, there was a story like this last year that freaked me out before our trip. This is why, though, that I inspect every inch of the room anywhere we stay before bring in any bags. You just don't know who stayed there before you and I am kind of Monkish anyway. :eek: Makes me itchy thinking about it!

luvlifeinfl

Original Poster
but my thought is according to the article they have special people on staff to handle these cases, so does housekeeping need to be looked at on how they are cleaing the rooms.:shrug:

Omnimover

Mousekeeping do a grand job :sohappy:

Indeed. Easily some of the best service I've seen, even at value resorts.

This is just a fact of life in the hospitality world. Every hotel worth it's salt, including Disney, work to fight this problem, but it's often a losing battle. DisneyShe had the best advice: just take a look around. If you don't like something, call the front desk and ask to switch rooms. They'll accommodate you.

wilsonhanks

Yuck yuck yuck, I feel horrible thinking about it:hurl:

Bed bugs are fun, they can even hitch rides on luggage to your home and can transfer to other bags on airplanes!!!!

It's a fun and clean world we live in!! Thank god they don't carry disease. :drevil:

luvlifeinfl

Original Poster
So besides looking at your room when you arrive, is there anythign else that can be done like sprays?

NewfieFan

So besides looking at your room when you arrive, is there anythign else that can be done like sprays?

Nope, do some reading online - there is some good advice out there! Never take matters into your own hands... let the professionals deal with it! Spraying can actual cause the bed bugs to spread and move to other areas - it's better to contain them where they are!

Check your room and keep your luggage off the floor if at all possible! And of course if you find signs of bed bugs let the hotel know and request another room!

Timekeeper

Flipping Out

The guest wrote, "I squished them and blood came out."

Well, you know what they always say, it's tough to be a bed bug.

:ROFLOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom