Totally embarassed in WDW

AliceinWhoville

Original Poster
What the heck.

My husband was so embarassed that I bought mouse ears and wore them around. I wish I would've known and bought them sooner.
He went on and on about how childish I am that I act like a 5yr old. Um what about the other folks wearing them, well he says they are idiots too.

So what does wearing mouse ears have to do with being childish and so what if it does its all good fun (this is when i start riding his a$$). He just carried on how stupid it looks yadda yadda yadda (me already tuning him out).. So now i wear them in the house.

He has no magical spirit, hated being there (although he cracked a couple smiles when my daughter had breakfast with CRT and CMickeys and her delight meeting certain characters - caught on camera for proof), he cant be fun whatsoever.

Also he kept yelling at me (more like snotty toned) for talking to anyone on the bus rides back to our resort or on the monorail.." Why do you need to keep talking to these people, cant you knock it off"

Seriously I dont know whats wrong with him. We went in '99 for one day and he was so not like this at all. Now everything is a big problem.

Oooo also if you were at AK May 9th around Kali rapid ride sometime around 11am (you probably witnessed this) is when he totally lost it when we just picked up fastpasses for the safari and look down to see my daughter just fell asleep and he wanted to go back to the room since there was no reason to stay there (mind you we just got there).. I said let her sleep we can walk around still. Oh no he starts screaming and trying to rip the stroller out of my hands he is going to take her back to the room and he is yelling thats it were getting a divorce blah blah (can you say drama queen).. Bench full of people sitting next to us. My god i was so embarassed.

What a creep.

lilclerk

Woooah... maybe the next trip should be just you and your daughter =\ I hope you made the best of it and still had fun though. Don't be embarrassed by acting like a kid in WDW, that's why we all go =)

yankspy

It is a good thing he did not see all the adults dressed like Pirates and Princesses at the parties.:lol: Seriously though, Disney is just the place for adults to be young at heart.

AliceinWhoville

Original Poster
I know I had my fun! I wanted to go to the pirate party but we had late dinner plans at Kona that evening so we didnt bother looking into getting tickets for it.

And most definitely he wont go ever again. ugh what a drag he was.

And no it didnt phase me one bit.... I went there to have fun and dang it I had my fun and miss being there every single minute..

andy1278

That's what counts, you had fun!

Part of it might just be a guy thing at the time, too macho to get into it. Luckily I don't suffer from that, but I'm a 27 year old guy who wants to meet every character (princesses included), so what do I know? Or maybe he just wasn't in the mood.

Anyway, don't let it spoil your fun in the future, just go and have a magical time next time!

HeatherK

Wow I am sorry to hear that. My friends made fun of me for wearing a Mickey hat when I was at MK with them. I think your crazy if your at Disney and not wearing a Mickey hat. Well kudos to you for having some fun in your life and acting like a kid when it's appropriate to act like one! :)

BrerKev

I am sure it can be tough going with someone that does not enjoy the vacation as much as you do. Part of the fun is sharing the adventure. I agree with Andy1278, unfortunately some men can't let loose and allow themselves to have the fun they probably secretly wish they had. So they pick on the people that are having a great time. I am super happy that you still had a great time. You can't let it get you down. I smell separate vacations in the future. Take your daughter and a good friend that will enjoy it as much as you!

Kelsybelle

What the heck.

My husband was so embarassed that I bought mouse ears and wore them around. I wish I would've known and bought them sooner.
He went on and on about how childish I am that I act like a 5yr old. Um what about the other folks wearing them, well he says they are idiots too.

So what does wearing mouse ears have to do with being childish and so what if it does its all good fun (this is when i start riding his a$$). He just carried on how stupid it looks yadda yadda yadda (me already tuning him out).. So now i wear them in the house.

He has no magical spirit, hated being there (although he cracked a couple smiles when my daughter had breakfast with CRT and CMickeys and her delight meeting certain characters - caught on camera for proof), he cant be fun whatsoever.

Also he kept yelling at me (more like snotty toned) for talking to anyone on the bus rides back to our resort or on the monorail.." Why do you need to keep talking to these people, cant you knock it off"

Seriously I dont know whats wrong with him. We went in '99 for one day and he was so not like this at all. Now everything is a big problem.

Oooo also if you were at AK May 9th around Kali rapid ride sometime around 11am (you probably witnessed this) is when he totally lost it when we just picked up fastpasses for the safari and look down to see my daughter just fell asleep and he wanted to go back to the room since there was no reason to stay there (mind you we just got there).. I said let her sleep we can walk around still. Oh no he starts screaming and trying to rip the stroller out of my hands he is going to take her back to the room and he is yelling thats it were getting a divorce blah blah (can you say drama queen).. Bench full of people sitting next to us. My god i was so embarassed.

What a creep.

Ouch!!! It's hard to be full of Disney spirit when there is someone there trying to crush it! Good for you for having a calm attitude as I probably would have stuffed those mouse ears....well never mind! I have an Uncle like that but we expect it. My Aunt is wonderful and everyone in my family is delighted to spend time with her but it's hard because my Uncle really is a drag! WDW isn't for everyone! Not everyone is going to LOVE it the way we all do and for those of us that had to convert someone into loving it, well we have the war wounds to prove it! Good luck to you! :wave:

What the heck.

What a creep.

WOW! Thats a bit much...It must of been that time of month for him :lol:. Thats one thing I cant stand at WDW, miserable people. It really does ruin a nice trip. It makes everyone else miserable thats with them. I would of said go back to the room by your damn self then.

Mybails

I can't help but read this and suggest that you may want to decide if this is acceptable behavior in a spouse. It is disrespectful and border line abusive. Disneyworld, home or in the grocery store, doesn't matter. As a Mom of children older than yourself, any son-in-law of mine that behaved like that, would be given a strong verbal account of how to behave, and my child would be given the numbers of a marriage counselor and a divorce lawyer. Which one they called would be their decision. I hope that this isn't normal behaviour from your husband and if it is that you think long and hard on the effects it will have on your child.

GoCamels

Sounds like time to trade him in for a new model.

...SERIOUSLY...

There's issues there more than just what happened at the parks...sounds like he's got something going on that you can't see or feel inside that he's not letting out.

Good luck.

wedway71

Good God....sounds like a Putz..No OFFENSE.

Disney parks are the places you can totally be a kid and get away with it.

I wear Mouse ears and my entire family does too.

I love going and start screaming when we drive by the Welcome to WDW sign too.

If ya cant be happy at WDW -you cant be happy at all....

BTW...I have a very cute Single Brother who loves Disney too if ya need...:D

Elonwy

I hope you're also part of a marriage counselling forum or perhaps a "How to dump a loser" forum.

As for the Disney part of your message...I usually go for the Tigger ears myself. My boyfriend didn't buy any ears but he did get a photo taken in the Eeyore ears with me and he made a point of finding Pinocchio and getting a picture with him. He's definately not a Disney fan like I am so I thought that was great.

If he ever acted even half as obnoxious as your husband did he would have been dumped long ago

Raven66

I wish my DH hated Disney. That way we could go with out him. We haven't been able to go in 2 yrs because we have to go together. He calls it family fun time and we are not doing it without him. :rolleyes: Whatever. HA

If my DH would have said he that look she is asleep we going back to the room I would have said ok have a good time. I'm staying here. Don't let the bus door hit ya on the way out. :wave:

We did head back to the room once for something and he had laid down on the bed and just passed right out. So my DD and I hung out for a bit waiting and then we left a note saying we were going to MGM (now DHS) to call when he woke up. So we just left. We had a nice time and when he joined us we had an even nicer time.

Does your DH like to golf? Maybe you can set him up with that. Or something fun he would like to do.

d'Isigny

I loved that you wore your ears around the house...

My DisneyGirl looked so cute with her mouse ears...and her
minnie mouse hat...Mexican Sombreo...Goofy Hat...

landauh

Some people are immune to the force field that turns everyone (at least it is supposed to) into a child when they enter the MK.

kstella

Wow, I would be seriously concerned if this were normal everyday behavior. I'm hoping it was just the stress of travel and perhaps a thought about the money spent on the trip. Although at these prices all the more reason to enjoy yourself-I mean if you're spending the money anyway might as well have fun! If this is normal behavior for him I would really suggest couseling. He has issues that need to be dealt with and quickly before it affects your child.

Anyway, I bought a princess crown with flashing lights and wore it at the evening parade. I also have a straw hat with monkeys and palm trees from AK. It works great to keep the sun off. Wear your Disney headgear proudly!

Laura

Premium Member
Wow this doesn't sound like a Disney problem. It sounds like a husband problem. Time to sign up for couples therapy. His degrading comments to you and public divorce threats are completely unacceptable and that needs to be addressed. It sounds like your daughter is still very young...but growing up around a dad like that will completely destroy her self esteem later in life. His issues with putting other people down really need to be addressed ASAP before it affects your little girl, and it sounds like this is your husband's way of coping with his own miserable sense of self worth.

With that aside, there's nothing wrong with going to Disney without your husband. My husband enjoys Disney, but feels no need to go 4 times a year like I do, so half the time I go without him or plan trips while he's out of the country (like the one in a few days!).

goofntink

What a JERK!!! Your husband is what we like to call a DisneyPhobic. I'll I can say is I'm proud to be act like a 3 year old when I go to Disney,and so does my wife. I think there should be a sign outside all the entrances that say

NO FROWNS,CRYING OR BAD ATTITUDES ALLOWED!
PERSONS OVER 10 YEARS OF AGE MUST BE ACCOMPANIED
BY CHILD OF EQUAL OR LESSER AGE UNLESS THEY ARE ACTING LIKE ONE

Wanted to add. Next time you decide to come,let us all know and we will be happy to meet up with you and act like a whole bunch of 3 year old Disney Lunatics.

My name is GOOFNTINK,And I'm a Disneyholic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom