Tortuga just might be on its way!

This will get green lit,props are on the drawing board as we speak.The building has been cleaned out and blueprinted.Miner contruction will have to be done.

iheartdisney91

This will get green lit,props are on the drawing board as we speak.The building has been cleaned out and blueprinted.Miner contruction will have to be done.

do you have any other info? where did you get this info from? (just wondering if there was an other site talking about this)thanks for shareing!:wave:

TinkerBell9988

Its about time we have something in the old Adventureland Veranda that everyone can enjoy. Although I am a teenage girl, a pirates restaurant most definitely appeals to me.

:D Bring me more Jack Sparrow AAs.

tirian

Let's hope that this Blue Sky concept gets built quickly...at least one other entertainment venue should be constructed within the MK within a year, too...

Buried20KLeague

Im tripping. I thought that this new restuarant was going in where el pirato restaurant or whatever it was called, thats located right next to Potc. Now since I realize it would go by the entrance to adventureland I can see it more. I never realized it was a place over there, is it like boarded up a little bit or something? And also isnt there a sit down restaurant in the crystal plaza about 150 some feet away from this? I dont know, but either way i think the idea sounds cool.

This is basically the area on the right before the dole whip stand as your cross into Adventureland from the hub, yep.

The area was used as a meet 'n' greet during last year's MNSSHP... That was the first time I had been inside there in FOREVER. But it would be great to see that area alive again, that's for sure! :sohappy:

CelticRose

Aye Matey, Sign me up, I want me dinner with Cap'n Jack:sohappy: :sohappy:

My GS would love this, everytime we watch PotC we dress up like pirates and talk like pirates.

:sohappy: 122 days and I am there :sohappy:

SirGoofy

Sounds great. I'm always up for some themed dinin experiances. I will say that I think theming it to Port Royale might make a little more sense, but it'll be cool no matter what, as long as there's pirates.

MickeyTigg

This past week I had the pleasure of catching up with some old CM buddies and I got a few interesting pieces of news to share. Well it looks like Tortuga from Pirates of the Caribbean will be going into the old Verenda restaurant in Adventureland. Its been empty for years and with the new dining plan the demand for sit down restaurants has been through the roof. From what I understand is that they want Tortuga to be the equivalant of the Royal Table restaurant in the castle for boys

I hope this is true...my kids would love this.

littlemom_3

Does anyone think they might be able to get this done before the Pirates and Princesses parties? I know that would be awfully quick but ....

Eyorefan

I'd be interested to see this happen. Although the whole Tortuga thing does make me wonder since Tortuga wasn't the most virtuous place in POTC, a Pirate restaurant is a no brainer but you'd think they'd use Port Royale as its locale....either way I hope this is up and running soon!

The people of Port Royale don't like Pirates where as Tortuga was the pirates' hang out.

I like this idea. I think it will be really cool.

JimboJones123

As you walk from the hub to Adventureland, if you look to your right after crossing the wooden bridge you'll see the former home of the Adventureland Veranda. The restaurant stretches behind Aloha Isle.
That's not really near the ride though????:veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu

SirNim

It would be so fun if this was built.
I bet they would be able to theme it very well. How do you think they would incorperate the AAs though??
Animatronic band...perhaps...
Though not so ChuckE.Cheese-esque...
Pirates hanging out of windows and balconies shooting guns...just like the ride...

Epcot82Guy

That's not really near the ride though????:veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu

That is the ONLY concern I have with this project. That's why a part of me wishes they would simply expand El Pirata into this and open the Verandah as its own counter service place. But, there are likely space issues that simply make the Verandah the larger choice.

dxwwf3

That is the ONLY concern I have with this project. That's why a part of me wishes they would simply expand El Pirata into this and open the Verandah as its own counter service place. But, there are likely space issues that simply make the Verandah the larger choice.

I agree. It would be great if they could put it in the El Pirata spot and reopen the Veranda as a counter service, but if it can't be done, then Disney has to do the best they can with the space they have. I don't think anyone should complain at all if the Veranda is the only place in Adventureland that is big enough to hold what they want to do there. At least it will be in the same land and the theme will fit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom