Tortuga just might be on its way!

lpet11984

I was told by the end of the year if not sooner. Right now things are moving very fast but we all know how quickly things can also stop at Disney. So I wouldn't hold my breath. However, Disney is REALLY pushing the whole pirates and princess theme right now so hopefully it will be sooner than later.

Thanks for the information! :sohappy:

lpet11984

One more thing I wonder: Will they possibly have alcohol in MK with this addition, considering the embodiment of Tortuga? It would be really cool to pull up a seat at the bar and have a drink, feeling like I was right there (sans bar fights :lookaroun). However, given the Magic Kingdom's dry policy, I doubt this dream will be realized through this venture...

Scar Junior

I absolutely love this idea. First, Norwegian shop gets Norwegian again... and now this! As the great Bill Murray once said "Baby steps..."

Any word as to whose idea it was?

Edit: Norwegian

Rosso11

Original Poster
I absolutely love this idea. First, Norwegian shop gets Norwegian again... and now this! As the great Bill Murray once said "Baby steps..."

From what I heard the idea actually came from the food and beverage dept at the MK and then was given to imagineering and they have been running with it ever since. Not exactlly sure how true that is but thats what I have been told.

TTATraveler

Where is this Verenda restaurant? You're not refering to the El Pirata y el Perico restaurant that opens seasonally are you?

As you walk from the hub to Adventureland, if you look to your right after crossing the wooden bridge you'll see the former home of the Adventureland Veranda. The restaurant stretches behind Aloha Isle.

radiohost

One more thing I wonder: Will they possibly have alcohol in MK with this addition, considering the embodiment of Tortuga? ...

At Pleasure island definately!!!! wouldnt that be cool????

but as for MK....Will never ever happen........The day alcohol is allowed in the MK is the day Mickey and Minnie tie the knot.:cool:

Scar Junior

i hope so that would be soo cool as long as there isnt any fights lol

I disagree. I think there should be fights. They should have actors trained in staged combat start fights two or three times a day. Break bottles over each others' head, etc.

This would allow parents an opportune time to discuss the dangers of alcohol and drugs, as well as the importance of staying in school. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I'd love to have AAs and actors in this establishment.

radiohost

wow great comments everyone!!!!!!

lets brainstorm....you could have all the charecters roam around and mingle with guests as they do in every charecter breakfast/dinner ect....maybe have a little special effect type stuff go on while people are eating, special lighting, music ect...or have like a dinner show with all the charecters..

You could even add charecters like the auctioneer or the red head.....Man, this would make for another great tradition in our trip planning: Ride POTC, have a great sit down meal at Tortuga, and then head over to see the fireworks at night....Wow, i can just picture it now!!!

lpet11984

I would think having actors around would be a must...it'd be really cool if the wait staff were all actors as well, playing the part as a residents of Tortuga...I suppose I envision something like AC, only more G rated and with a Pirate theme.

disneypearl

I sure want this to happen! That would be such a good addition to the MK. Now my hopes are up! There are so many possibilities for a Tortuga themed restauraunt that its fun to guess what it would (will - think positive) be like. :D

Scar Junior

I sure want this to happen! That would be such a good addition to the MK. Now my hopes are up! There are so many possibilities for a Tortuga themed restauraunt that its fun to guess what it would (will - think positive) be like. :D

Not to mention it will help the (correct) perception that MK lacks (full service)restaurants...

Epcot82Guy

I like this concept. I agree that having a staged fight-show or something along those lines would be a trip. A part of me wishes it was over closer to teh attraction (or, actually, attached to it - would love this to be an answer to the Blue Bayou, even if it didn't overlook the launch), but I am glad they are reclaiming the Verandah.

I am just having a brain fart, though... which is larger? the Verandah or El Pirata. I know a big question is where Pirata ends and Pecos Bills begins. It seems that Verandah was larger, regardless. I actually think both the Verandah and El Pirata could work well (former for the size, latter for the location) so long as the second place becomes/stays a counter service place.

Magicot

Wait, they're getting rid of the princess stuff in the Norwegian shops!? Since when?? That makes me so happy! Now the next step is bringing back the beloved 'Diamond Horseshoe Review' to Liberty Square. It was one of the best shows in the park and got replaced with the craptastic 'Goofy's Jamboree' which was outa there as fast as you can say ... well, "craptastic". :rolleyes:

As far as the PotC resturaunt idea, I think it could be a fantastic addition to MK and Adventureland. The Adventureland Veranda opened with the park in 1971 and sadly closed in July of 1994. Since it's closure it's been a big empty building just sitting there to greet you to the right as you enter Adventureland from the hub. I guess it's quite a large space with high ceilings and eating areas that stretch from the entrance all the way to the Treehouse. Here's a great page on the Veranda: http://home.cfl.rr.com/omniluxe/advv.htm

This new Pirates resturaunt could mean many great things:

-Bringing life back into that entrance to Adventureland
-Filling the high demand for sit-down restaurants in MK
-Actual food in Adventureland for once (that isn't seasonal)
-Eliminating a large unused space which is bad show
-Having a place to eat more specifically for boys
-And finally, this will fufill the need for Imagineers to add more pirates to the MK. Rather than continuing on adding more and more new 'movie pirates' to the ride, they can now go crazy with ideas elsewhere

Oh yeah, and while we are on the subject of pirates, PLEASE remove that out of place PotC cart from the Future World West Breezeway. I still don't get it.

Disneyfan1981

I'd be interested to see this happen. Although the whole Tortuga thing does make me wonder since Tortuga wasn't the most virtuous place in POTC, a Pirate restaurant is a no brainer but you'd think they'd use Port Royale as its locale....either way I hope this is up and running soon!

the-reason14

Im tripping. I thought that this new restuarant was going in where el pirato restaurant or whatever it was called, thats located right next to Potc. Now since I realize it would go by the entrance to adventureland I can see it more. I never realized it was a place over there, is it like boarded up a little bit or something? And also isnt there a sit down restaurant in the crystal plaza about 150 some feet away from this? I dont know, but either way i think the idea sounds cool.

Animaniac93-98

I Like the idea for the resturant but I think they may have to change the eclectic arcitecture of the outside of the building (Asian and Polonyeasian styles don't go well with pirates in my opinoin). My only other concern will be if this is a character meal you have to book 120 or so days in advance to eat at like the one in the castle.

iheartdisney91

I disagree. I think there should be fights. They should have actors trained in staged combat start fights two or three times a day. Break bottles over each others' head, etc.

This would allow parents an opportune time to discuss the dangers of alcohol and drugs, as well as the importance of staying in school. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I'd love to have AAs and actors in this establishment.

oh no of course that would be awesome :wave: but i mean no like real fights.... but that is a wonderful idea! we should submit this to disney even though they will never listen..... :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom