Toontown Fair Train Station news

disneyphilip

Original Poster
I recently heard that the Mickey's Toontown Fair train station is going to be closed on May 6th to be demolished...and a new Toontown depot will open on June 11th.

The WDW Railroad will continue running during that time, though.

Piebald

Disneyphilip is correct. Althought I THOUGHT it was May 3, May 6th might be the actual date. The train station was only supposed to be temporary but was probably left because most people liked that station. It will reopen in June as he said.

General Grizz

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
What could they possibly be changing about the station though? There doesn't seem like they need to do to much to the area.

The station was originally built TEMPORARILY when Mickey's Birthdayland opened. Just a few months, actually.

Chape19714

That's Interesting to hear. I'll take lots of pictures of that when i go to wdw on May 8. (4 parks 1 DAY !!!) it's interesting to hear the station was supposed to be temporary. I did not think that Disney did much of the "temporary" stuff. It would be interesting to see a new and bigger toontown beyond the station. It couldn't go to far...they would run into the railroad garages or another backstage area...and it's not likely they would move those!!!!

Bill

Account Suspended
Watch... Next is the Speedway, then Tea Cups, then Toon Town...

Then Harry Potter Land!

Attractions:

The Haunted Tree
Ride on magical flying cars around the haunted tree!

Harry's Broom Ride
Ride your broom car and fly away back in time to save the Potters from the evil Dr. Hamsterville.

Ron's world of Spiders
Enjoy a tour through the Dark Forest... but beware, something with eight legs is behind you!

Walt Disney World Railroad
Take a grand... wait, we know that one.

Shops:

Harry's Potions
Ron's Jellybeans
Hagard's Chocolates
Olivander's

Dining:
Slytherin House of Snakes & Snails
Eisner's - An American Fast Food Place

Coming June 2007. :lol:

Figment1986

Originally posted by Bill
Watch... Next is the Speedway, then Tea Cups, then Toon Town...

Then Harry Potter Land!

Attractions:

The Haunted Tree
Ride on magical flying cars around the haunted tree!

Harry's Broom Ride
Ride your broom car and fly away back in time to save the Potters from the evil Dr. Hamsterville.

Ron's world of Spiders
Enjoy a tour through the Dark Forest... but beware, something with eight legs is behind you!

Walt Disney World Railroad
Take a grand... wait, we know that one.

Shops:

Harry's Potions
Ron's Jellybeans
Hagard's Chocolates
Olivander's

Dining:
Slytherin House of Snakes & Snails
Eisner's - An American Fast Food Place

Coming June 2007. :lol:

funny......:snore:

I hope they make this look better and have it be much larger, since it helps flow traffic through TT, FL and TL... (I alwasy use it, rarely use fronteer station...)

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by Chape19714
That's Interesting to hear. I'll take lots of pictures of that when i go to wdw on May 8. (4 parks 1 DAY !!!) it's interesting to hear the station was supposed to be temporary. I did not think that Disney did much of the "temporary" stuff. It would be interesting to see a new and bigger toontown beyond the station. It couldn't go to far...they would run into the railroad garages or another backstage area...and it's not likely they would move those!!!!

I don't think they'll expand toontown, well, at least in that direction. It's not the train garages that restrict them (which are WAY behind the park), but the canal that runs to the east of the park, which is where the train dumps its steam when it stops at the TT Train Station.

They really don't have any room outside the boundaries of the park, as it sits now. They COULD utilize 20k lagoon or get rid of the Indy - and use that land.

I always thought that station was pretty plain, for a Disney thing. Makes sense to think that it was temporary. I look forward to seeing the new one, if it opens on time. We'll be there June 5-12!!

chucknstuff

I remeber going there as a florida resident. My dad got invites to see areas of the parks before they opened to the public. At that time it was Birthdayland and you could only get there by the train. this was only suppose to last for the year then be rebuilt to a roger rabbit toontown like at DL. I never liked the train station there. I was hoping that the train station would have been placed at Fantasy land where they put Ariels Grotto and move her meet and greet to the area where the swan boats used to be. It wouldhave been great to go into a cave and see ariel there with a few animatronic characters.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Originally posted by edwardtc
I don't think they'll expand toontown, well, at least in that direction. It's not the train garages that restrict them (which are WAY behind the park), but the canal that runs to the east of the park

Not to mention the land here is unprepared for construction - remember the huge civil engineering project to build the MK in the first place? The only time expansion has been outside the berm on unprepared land was for Space Mountain, and that needed a big hole dug and massive pillings anyway from its very nature. PotC was built on (and in) prepared land, and BTM/Splash were built on the area prepared for Western River/Thunder Messa.

Katherine

This I know is a little out there but...

could this be the start of a new toon town more like DL's or something else. I know it won't happen soon but it could be a start. Oh well just some food for thought.:p

burnsland

Originally posted by chucknstuff
I was hoping that the train station would have been placed at Fantasy land where they put Ariels Grotto and move her meet and greet to the area where the swan boats used to be.

Actually, there is quite a bit of land between where Ariel's Grotto is and where the tracks run behind Fantasyland. And that land contains several service areas. So there really isn't any way to have a Fantasyland Station. From the satellite photos, the distance between Ariel's Grotto and the railroad is almost twice the diameter of Space Mountain.

It really looks like they could one day clear all the land behind Fantasyland and add another land back there. marni1971, do you know if that land was prepared during the original construction?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom