Toontown Fair Train Station news

Chape19714

I'll be sure to take pictures when i go to the magic kingdom next (May 8) and prove that the walls are up...I actually believe the rumor, as the station did look temporary!

RREngineer

FYI... Station rehab was just pushed back a week... It is now May 10-June 18 (instead of May 3- June 15). They originally had Snow White's rehab ahead of schedule so they planned for Small World to go down earlier than originally listed, now looks like Snow White will open on schedule (instead of ahead) so they pushed us back to the 10th so that they would not have all 3 down at the same time... I will keep you all posted to any additional changes that may come up...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
3 months? not enough time...

tear it down and rebuild the damned thing

Mission: SPACE

Originally posted by RREngineer
Mission:Space... are you talking about Danny? That's the only (Dan) we have right now that is an engineer...

He must go by Danny...

I haven't talked to them in a while, but he is the husband of my great uncle's daughter. I know that's a little confusing; another way to explain it (and just as confusing): he's my grandfather's niece's husband (wife's name, Samantha). So we're related in an extremely indirect way... He worked in Fantasyland for a long time and received his certification to be an engineer a few years ago (probably 5 or 6 by now, actually).

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by mkt
3 months? not enough time...

tear it down and rebuild the damned thing

Hmmm... maybe so. Main Street could be redone like in Paris... a LOT more room there. ;) Plus the arcades on either side. :)

mkt

Premium Member
straight off the portal:

Mickey's Toontown Fair Train Station Refurbishment
Date: 05/02/2004

The Mickey's Toontown Fair Train Station will be closed for refurbishment from May 10 through June 18. It will reopen on Saturday, June 19 for Guest operation.

During this time, Guests can continue to ride the Walt Disney World Railroad with stops at the Main Street, U.S.A. and Frontierland Stations.

see... that's all I needed (and BTW, i went looking for the memo yesterday... couldn't find it.)

RREngineer

Originally posted by mkt
(and BTW, i went looking for the memo yesterday... couldn't find it.)

Not that it matters since you have your "proof" (oh and by the way it is in the telecast as well) but the memo is not that hard to find if you actually looked for it... Enter Bombshelter, turn to your left there is a giant cork board, the memo would be the one with the picture of the station on it...it's been hanging there for about 2 weeks now... Again not that it matters since you found your "official notice" but you should not be so doubtful all the time.

SirNim

Well, I got three or so nice, big photos of the station for posterity. So I'm set.

Ready for demolition!

*puts on hard hat with an impish smirk*

DarkMeasures

Toontown at WDW sucks.... it should also be explod'd.

Lets see what is now on my explod'd list. (most of them would be on rebuild list also but I not post)

-Fantasyland
-Indy Speedway
-Toon Town
-Camp Minnie Mickey
-Beauty and the beast

It shall continue.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by RREngineer
Not that it matters since you have your "proof" (oh and by the way it is in the telecast as well) but the memo is not that hard to find if you actually looked for it... Enter Bombshelter, turn to your left there is a giant cork board, the memo would be the one with the picture of the station on it...it's been hanging there for about 2 weeks now... Again not that it matters since you found your "official notice" but you should not be so doubtful all the time.

This is one of the only times I haven't been burned... congrats. I've still heard more nonsense than real news from most CM's that I've spoken to. Hopefully this is the start of a precedent.

BenS

Originally posted by DisneyExplorer
This might help liven up this land and bring people into this area.
Have you ever seen the ques extending out of the character Meet & Greet? More people in that area would pose a safety hazard. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom