Toontown Fair Train Station news

netenyahoo

There is a whole lot of land behind Fantasyland for expansion. They really should put something along the side of the train as it can be boring when just going through trees. Disneyland has the Grand Canyon / Dinosaur part. Something different, but like that would be neat at MK.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Burnsland - welcome to the boards!

The area behind Fantasyland was prepared so far as cleared and foundations prepared for parking and vehicles access, drainage etc. Anything major this side of the railroad would need foundations anyway like a regular building (as opposed to whats needed behind the railroad)

As you said though, this is a major service area, if not THE major area. Apart from parking and CM access, many utilities are found here, backstage access to HM and IASW, plus its the main entrance to the Utilidors - which in itself would be a BIG job to extend. Not to mention utilidor access is needed 24/7 for deliveries, service, CMs, Payroll, plus I imagine medical emmergencies etc. The whole arc of the 20k lagoon, show building and drydock, Toontown and the Raceway could easily hold another land and/or another Toontown, or 2 E rides and Toontown, or a D and E Ride, or...... lots of possibilities.

DarkMeasures

How about this. Instead of building an E-ticket or new Park for a few years, Disney should rebuild the back area of Fantasyland so that it can expand all the way to the tracks. I mean move the CM buildings behind the berm, move the Utilidoor entrance even further back, prepare the land for large attractions and blow up Villiage Haus for more room back.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
not to be skeptical, but I'm looking directly at the MK Master Planning Calendar, and it doesn't show ANY construction work in Toontown for the dates given. I will hold off judgement until I see an updated version later this week though

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Originally posted by DarkMeasures
How about this. Instead of building an E-ticket or new Park for a few years, Disney should rebuild the back area of Fantasyland so that it can expand all the way to the tracks. I mean move the CM buildings behind the berm, move the Utilidoor entrance even further back, prepare the land for large attractions and blow up Villiage Haus for more room back.

I doubt it. As I said before, any major construction behind the tracks will require a huge ammount of time and money to clear the site, in relation to what they will gain. Think back to the work in 1968 - we are talking that scale. Plus there is the ecosystem to think about, especailly with the canal there. Plus I`m not sure the land back there is even able to support construction - quite a large ammount of WDW property can never be built on due to the ground conditions (MK was only possible after they dug out the Seven Seas Lagoon to use as landfill)

mkt

Premium Member
well.. not to continue being a skeptic, but one of my sources shot me off an updated copy of the MK master planning calendar, and there is nothing on it that even in Toontown all summer. Sorry Philip, but I don't believe you... who are your sources, cause I do believe they are wrong. And if you dont believe me, I will gladly forward you a copy of the MK master planning calendar.

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by mkt
...I will gladly forward you a copy of the MK master planning calendar.

Hey Rob, Could I take a look at that calendar? Perhaps you could just scan it and put it up on the boards? :animwink: That would be so swell!

Piebald

I don't know if this rumor is true or not, but I've read it on another board (intercot). Check it out and read it I guess?

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by General Grizz
Yeah, I just read that on Intercot.

Kudos to Main Street Jim.

I know Jim... he's a good guy, but alas, falls under my rule of NOT believing anything that hourly park CM's and most managers have to say regarding the future of Disney.

So while I think he's a good guy... I don't believe it. Until I have hard evidence, or hear it from a credible source... I don't believe it.

RREngineer

Originally posted by mkt
I know Jim... he's a good guy, but alas, falls under my rule of NOT believing anything that hourly park CM's and most managers have to say regarding the future of Disney.

So while I think he's a good guy... I don't believe it. Until I have hard evidence, or hear it from a credible source... I don't believe it.

For starts considering that Main Street Jim's wife is an engineer on the WDW railroad I would not be so quick to judge his information as wrong.

With that said I am an engineer on the railroad and whether or not you believe me is your choice but the TT train station is closing from May 3 - June 11 for a well deserved rehab. (If you don't believe me you can go to the Main Street Train Station Breakroom aka..the bomb shelter... and read the memo..since you make it seem as if you work there).

The original station was a temporary station that was built to be there for 3 years. Once they realized the Birthdayland/Starland/Toon Town was a hit they decided to keep everything. From what they have told us the station is to be torn down (since it is one gust of wind away from falling down anyway) and rebuilt to be almost the exact same station. They have said they will make some changes to the exits but nothing major other than a complete overhaul (although we would like to see a more whimsical station like Disneyland). The trains will continue service between Main Street and Frontierland and as of right now they are scheduled to contiune going through TT just not stopping for passenger service. (we will be stopping there about every 3rd trip around to take on water since that is where the tower is).

So for those that are skeptical and don't believe because it is not listed on the "master plan" you will be surprised when the construction wall goes up next week.

Mission: SPACE

Originally posted by RREngineer
For starts considering that Main Street Jim's wife is an engineer on the WDW railroad I would not be so quick to judge his information as wrong.

With that said I am an engineer on the railroad and whether or not you believe me is your choice but the TT train station is closing from May 3 - June 11 for a well deserved rehab. (If you don't believe me you can go to the Main Street Train Station Breakroom aka..the bomb shelter... and read the memo..since you make it seem as if you work there).

The original station was a temporary station that was built to be there for 3 years. Once they realized the Birthdayland/Starland/Toon Town was a hit they decided to keep everything. From what they have told us the station is to be torn down (since it is one gust of wind away from falling down anyway) and rebuilt to be almost the exact same station. They have said they will make some changes to the exits but nothing major other than a complete overhaul (although we would like to see a more whimsical station like Disneyland). The trains will continue service between Main Street and Frontierland and as of right now they are scheduled to contiune going through TT just not stopping for passenger service. (we will be stopping there about every 3rd trip around to take on water since that is where the tower is).

So for those that are skeptical and don't believe because it is not listed on the "master plan" you will be surprised when the construction wall goes up next week.

RREngineer,

First, welcome aboard!

And second, do you know Dan? He's an engineer as well...

TinkerBell9988

I will be there soon, so I will update this "fact" when I can... Does anyone know that '"if" this does happen, what will this new station look like? Bigger? Better? Toonier?

Thanks for any info! :)

mkt

Premium Member

i'm fully aware of what his wife does for a living. However, I didn't say it was wrong... but I am waiting for something more official.

I'll go and check it out myself... I'm well aware of where the Bomb Shelter is, and I'll look for the memo. I miss the Bomb Shelter... the old entertainment breakroom turned OPS breakroom.

I've been burned by too many regular hourly CM's to trust what any of them say now... the same applies for middle management. Unless I hear it from someone that had a say in it, or it's in writing on something official, I won't believe it. Nothing against you, but when you're burned as often as I have been in regards to that, you'd agree with me too.

RREngineer

Mission:Space... are you talking about Danny? That's the only (Dan) we have right now that is an engineer...

Tinkerbelle: While we have begged and pleaded for a more whimsical station like Disneyland has they have told us that it will be rebuilt exactlly the same as it is right now, but with better materials so that it will last longer. We are hoping they make some changes or reconsider all together and go with a more toonier station, but we won't know until they get started.

MKT you can also take a look at our train boards (they are usually in the Bomb Shelter but if they aren't they can be found at the Main Street Base, they are the positions list since we don't use CDS) and you will notice that instead of a conductors name listed next to TTF it says Rehab. That might be a little more official for you than the note which our manager made and posted on the board.

**edited to add reply for Tinkerbelle's question**

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom