Too much alcohol and drinking at WDW parks

bennyw01

MAD PROPS TO THE BRIGHTON CREW

thats me :D

lol funny people say this, last night i passed out on my lounge floor after drinking heavy and getting heated on this exact post. woke up with the laptop in hand and everything. but then again i did have family over.

LOVE TO SUSSEX basically. hastings is way east were talking other side of eastbourne, used to work in lewes about a fortnight ago, worked for sussex downs college.

cdunbar

I'm all for the brazilian tour groups and their cutting people off in line, I don't speak english and then when they get on the ride you hear them scream to each other in english, and runnin people over with their need to stay right next to each other! WDW could be a better place...yeah yeah I know never gonna happen but a girl can dream can't she!

cmatt

lol funny people say this, last night i passed out on my lounge floor after drinking heavy and getting heated on this exact post. woke up with the laptop in hand and everything. but then again i did have family over.

LOVE TO SUSSEX basically. hastings is way east were talking other side of eastbourne, used to work in lewes about a fortnight ago, worked for sussex downs college.

i used to go there to play my viola in an orchestra - i like lewes - (i actually used to live in bexhill *coughs* but er.. its full of old people that smell of gin :lookaroun)

its a small world innit :ROFLOL:

i guess its because we are all so close to gatwick - which is still my airport of choice :ROFLOL:
....SUSSEX PUB CRAWL EPCOT '08! cmatt will use his black magic to reign victorious (or just the fact i put away far too much jagermeister...)

i miss sussex alot - as im a sussex lad at heart! (dad from hellingly and mum from herstmonceux)

dude - *shakes head* your myspace music makes you not cool - tis all about the metal ;)

Testtrack321

THAT'S AWESOME! I've never passed out due to drinking, but I plan on this week! HUZZA FINALS ARE OVER! :D :D :D

cmatt

THAT'S AWESOME! I've never passed out due to drinking, but I plan on this week! HUZZA FINALS ARE OVER! :D :D :D

i always find its best to do it:

in a pub (+20 pts for this mean feat)
train ( -10 as its soooo passseee)

or:

infront of ichi the killer - as mrs cmatt found me 10am this morning (sunday) :ROFLOL: (+ 100)

try it - it will be tres fun... do it in epcot for + 1000 points :wave:

PigletIsMyCat

I feel the need to point out that at most stands that sell alcohol on Disney property, it is two drinks per ID. So, I can send Mr. PigletIsMyCat to hold a seat, and get him his beer and me my margarita at Mexico.

Thank gods this thread took to talking about drinking for fun and people from Sussex. Because this discussion is as dangerous as all the threads we had about smoking when the resorts went 100% non-smoking.

Alcohol is legal to sell to adults over 21 in the United States. While all Disney parks are family-oriented, the most family-oriented is probably Magic Kingdom, which serves no alcohol. Which is fine. But to say that all the parks should be dry is a bit much. World Showcase would be much less interesting if we couldn't sample sake or get Moosehead ale while we were there. And there's not really a difference between serving mixed drinks with 'hard liquor' than serving beer: the amount of alcohol in a shot is the same as a beer, and the drinks at Disney are quite watered down. I can't see there being much more than an ounce of tequila in the margaritas in Mexico.

I can honestly say that I have been to Disney alot. I live nearby, have worked in all four theme parks, both water parks, and at PI. I have seen a seriously inebriated person ONCE in a park - at Rose and Crown. Apparently he threw a punch too so Security hauled his butt out.

And to the poster who intimated the parks should be dry, go to PI and drink.... I say this. If adults can't drink in the presence of many children and families at the parks, then children and families shouldn't ruin an adults drinking at PI. As annoying as an inebriated person might be to you, it's sometimes quite uncomfortable to be sitting AT A BAR downing a shot with a 3 year old next to you, as I have had happen to me at Disney. (By the way, isn't it against the law for children to sit at a bar?)

It boils down to this:

Anytime a business serves alcohol, there will eventually be someone who makes the choice to let's say drink to excess. It's unfortunate that people can't drink without going too far, but with everything else, there will always be one or more people who make bad choices.

If WDW decided to eliminate alcohol from property, it would lose MUCHO money. So I'm sorry to say to the OP that it's probably not going anywhere.

The ONLY time I've noticed a problem with drinking to excess (people acting like morons, etc.) is the last time I went to PI. But I suppose if you want to go to PI, you have to expect a lot of drinking, and be willing to put up with people making bad choices.

bennyw01

dont get me wrong im in a very metal family! and i love metal! my brothers even in a metal band!

its just a friend of mine whos trying to get his rapping out i guess. its all cool!

but yeah sussex epot pub crawl would be so awesome! and im sure i hellingly is pretty close, i live in hurstpierpoint atm which is just outside brighton. near burgess hill and hassocks.

never tried the glowtini

bennyw01

i always find its best to do it:

in a pub (+20 pts for this mean feat)
train ( -10 as its soooo passseee)

or:

infront of ichi the killer - as mrs cmatt found me 10am this morning (sunday) :ROFLOL: (+ 100)

try it - it will be tres fun... do it in epcot for + 1000 points :wave:

itchi the killer truley is a good film to watch drunk, its like duuuuuuuude did he just pour burning oil down that gezza back! awesome!

palmage

We've been to WDW several times and occasionally had adult beverages there. I really don't see anything wrong with that, and frankly I wouldn't let someone else's drinking spoil one second of my vacation. I can't say that I've ever seen anyone that drunk there (who could afford that?), but even if I did, I'd just ignore them and enjoy my vacation. Life's too short sweetie!

I've never seen anyone drunk either.
Especially to the point of knocking over things.
$8.00 beers put a crimp in things.

Shere_Khan

Actually, loud and obnoxious groups of sober teeagers (no offense to teenagers....I know they are not ALL like that) bother me more than the few drunks I've seen at Disney!

Amen to that! Not all teenagers behave that way but it seems that everytime I encounter a large group of 12-16 year old boys together, it's never good!

bennyw01

it is setlled - wdwmagic epcot (sussex division) pub crawl 2009 :king:

and what night it will be! tbh we should really have a wdw magic pub crawl, is there ever any meets for people on the forum, i think i saw advertised a party once for epcot im not sure. :cool:

tooltime

we were there in october and i did notice a lot of places selling snacks also sold beer and wine. i thought that seemed out of place but didn't think about it much more... nor did i notice any old soaks! :eek:

PhilharMagician

We enjoy a cocktail or 2 when we are at the parks. We like to sit back and relax while having a drink occasionally. Just because one person does not like to consume adult beverages, doen't mean that nobody should be able to. Adults should however drink responsibly.

Nic4Mick

Haha I love how it's mostly the Brits defending alcohol consumption here! I'm a Brit currently living in Spain, a country where daily drinking is encouraged and beers are half the price of in England. Great stuff!

So I clearly like a drink, but I have never once drank on Disney property, since I only turned 21 in October. And that includes during my whole 3 month college programme last year. What I'm trying to say is, people shouldn't be too quick to judge. Maybe people weren't falling over because they were drunk, but because (as the OP stated) it was dark. And, like someone else suggested, maybe that girl wasn't upset that the family were drinking. Giving her a nod to say it'll be ok seems patronising to me, as not all drinking leads to bad situations. Besides, they were on vacation. I know in England we have the view that drinking before midday is perfectly acceptable on vacation!

When Disney started adding healthier food to the menus people complained because eating healthily or unhealthily should be their own choice. It would be exactly the same with alcohol. It's your own choice, just do it responsibly.

Oh, and I don't live in Sussex but I've been there. Does that make me qualify for the Epcot crawl?!

Becky

wheelchair bound guests

I am not going to real all 8 pages so forgive me if one of you have pointed this out but the correct term is wheelchair user. I have not seen to many people at WDW tied to a wheelchair.

Sorry if this brings out the anti persons with a disability crowd that think wheelchair users should stay home.

palmage

wheelchair bound guests

I am not going to real all 8 pages so forgive me if one of you have pointed this out but the correct term is wheelchair user. I have not seen to many people at WDW tied to a wheelchair.

Sorry if this brings out the anti persons with a disability crowd that think wheelchair users should stay home.

Gawd I hate PC:mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom