Too much alcohol and drinking at WDW parks

MainSt1993

I do have a question, though. Is beer poured into cups and sold anywhere in WDW? I can't remember. Those things are easy to spill and is why I hate it when they are sold at sporting events. How about a lid and a straw?

Beer through a straw? Eeuuu!!! :fork:

Personally I've never seen a problem with drinking at WDW - even on New Year's Eve. Particularly at World Showcase in Epcot, I think it's a nice touch. I usually learn about new beverages because of it. In fact, it's where I had my first sparkling red wine. Sparkling red wine makes me happy.

:sohappy:

Shere_Khan

lol wow you should be a Private Investigator because those are a lot of details to catch while you should be busy enjoying yourself. Were you taking notes?

I am at the parks at least once a week and I have yet to see that many drunken dirty sinners! I take it you don't ride POTC because of the dangerous and evil displays of drinking and prostitution your child will be exposed to?

PS, if you were to try and have a "silent conversation" with me I would probably assume you were drunk.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has the OP even responded once to this thread since making it? She/he is either scared to comment again, or is just a pot stirrer.

LeeSeeBabe

Everyone has their own opinions about this matter, and complaining and arguing about the right to drink on a Disney forum isn't going to change their minds or any guests that do decide to partake.

I'm ok with discussion, but it seems as if some of you are taking this a little too personally.

celticdog

I think we can all agree that the sale of alcohol around the Disney parks should be controlled and limited. I think that alcohol should be served with table service meals and one alcoholic beverage served with a counter service meal. In addition why couldn't they have a system that registered how many beverages had been sold to the holder on a specific park pass on a given day and limit it to a maximum of, say, 2 not including those sold with meals. I think it would be mighty hard for anyone to be drunk in that case.

Disney already does a really good job of controlling the sale of alcogol. They would only let me buy one drink at a time. I had to keep going back, Then somebody kept parking strollers in the way, which I tripped over, which caused me to spill my beer, which forced me to go back and get a refill, and on and on and on..... :hammer:

Your plan is flawed. The wife doesn't drink, so I could just use her drink allotment in addition to my own. I also like to enjoy a drink/cocktail while watching the fireworks not just with a meal.

Drunk is subjective. The only drunk I saw was in the mirror in the men's bathroom.:rolleyes:

imamouse

In addition to the stand selling mixed drinks (at $10 each) near the Monsters, Inc meet n greet, I saw a CM selling beer in plastic bottles from a neck-crate (not sure how to describe) on the streets of America during the Osborne Family Lights. It was like the beer hawkers in sports stadiums. I was a little taken aback due to the tackiness.

DisneyBucknut85

From all the times i have drank at disney, i have never gone there just to get drunk, it just sometimes happens. Especially at Epcot. It doesnt take more than 3 or 4 mixed drinks or beers to make disney really "magical" for adults. I feel the parks are already great, but sometimes in the summer when you get hot, alcoholic beverages sound better than anything else, and i dont drink often. Let people be people, and realize that disney is trying to make EVERYONE happy, which i think they do an amazing job at that.

JimboJones123

The reality of it is that there is just as much if not more $$$$ made at Epcot from Drinks as there is from all that fancy food. They simply won't cut the income by 50%, or even more if many choose to forgo eating at Epcot all together.

Jesùs_Carioca

I think some of you are missing the point.

I'm a drinker and enjoy a drink or two during my Disney vacations.
It's the people that don't drink responsibly who are on the verge of ruining it for those of us who DO drink responsibly.

Some of you are saying..hey...we should have the right to drink, and if you don't like it, then don't come to the parks that allow drinking.

I tend to agree with the OP, but only because I believe they too, as park guests, have the right to be in EPCOT, or anywhere else on Disney property, and not be exposed to rude, drunken people.

Much like the OP, I think that if drunk guests continue to be a problem, then perhaps drinking should be confined to Pleasure Island, where the kids can't witness it.

Instead of condeming those who don't agree with the drinking policies in WDW, maybe those of us who enjoy drinking on property should remind those people who act up when they embibe in WDW that they need to more responsible or else they might wreck it for all of us who enjoy a beer or two.

I second what he thinks.

I'm ok with discussion, but it seems as if some of you are taking this a little too personally.

And what she thinks.

You know, all the "drankin'" at WDW does kinda get under my skin, but not nearly as much as all the non-whites.

mmm....I'll have to give this one more thought before agreeing though.

Spyne

Well, I don't think alcohol should be completely banned from WDW, because everybody needs to have something they like. But I don't think the drinking should be over excessive. It's will power, people. But unfortunately, those kind of people who stagger around drunk don't have that. :( But yes, I do agree that something like people walking around drunk out of their minds shouldn't be tolerated at WDW.

Epcotbob

I think they should just enforce some type of DWI like system at WDW.

If anyone appears to be intoxicated, i.e. staggering around, loud, obnoxious or otherwise acting stupidly....boot them out of the park immediately.

No leniancy...come down hard on them. Maybe even boot them and thier entire party out of the park....if they cause any trouble, ban them for life.

Send a strong message, drink responsibly or jeopordize your whole groups vacation!

palmage

My "Prude - O - Meter" is running at an all time high with this thread.

I'm sure people are considered drunk after 2 beers......or dare I say mixed drinks.

Had lunch at the Rain Forest today and had 3 beers and there were children who saw me OMG :brick:

Again I've been to Epcot elevandeemillion times and not once seen an obnoxious drunk.

philsfan2185

I think they should just enforce some type of DWI like system at WDW.

If anyone appears to be intoxicated, i.e. staggering around, loud, obnoxious or otherwise acting stupidly....boot them out of the park immediately.

No leniancy...come down hard on them. Maybe even boot them and thier entire party out of the park....if they cause any trouble, ban them for life.

Send a strong message, drink responsibly or jeopordize your whole groups vacation!
Ok, so you are going to kick out a group of people, with say 5 kids who have no control over how their adults in their group act? That makes no sense.

Disney will not boot anyone out (not unless they seriously need to) of their parks because they want them to comeback on future vacations and keep spending money.

I've spent thousands hours in World Showcase while working/as a guest over the past few years and the only time I saw people who were drunk, were on New Years Eve.

If people are making you that uncomfortable from drinking, get security to handle it.

Shadowdawn

After reading this thread I thought one of my favorite songs would be appropriate background music.

I present to you Beer!
-------------------------------------

I like beer because it's good
I drink beer because I should
If there was a song to sing
I'd sing it and beer you bring

I drink beer when I am sad
'Cause the beer it makes me glad
Now there's nothing left to sing
So lets go drink beer

Beer is good, beer is good, beer is good
And stuff

(Let's go drink some)
BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER

When it's warm, it tastes real crappy
But cold beer will make me happy
When I throw-up on the floor
I get up and drink some more

They say beer will make me dumb
It are go good with pizza
Now that we have drunk some beer
Let's go drive a car

And stuff

(Let's go drink some)
BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER

(Dude, I think you've had enough)
Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Let's go drink some beer!
I am drunk, drunk is me, I am drunk, WEE
I am drunk, drunk is me, I am drunk, WEE
I am drunk, drunk is me, I am drunk, *BURP*
------------------------------------------------
I don't endorse drinking and driving btw.

Cruiser237

It's is just like everything else in the world...sometime someone will find something small to complain about and it will probably annoy more people than help

VoiceGuy07

I think we've gone far and beyond that...

Agreed, buy why stop now!?!

From my perspective, it's the same whether you're a little drunk or you've had just too much darn sugar - some folks' behavior can be disruptive. My guess is that this happens in a number of public places.

While I don't agree that people should get drunk, trip over people and drive their double strollers around World Showcase like the Petty's Driving Experience, I think there's a bit of "can't we just all get along" going on here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom