Too crowded!!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
How are the "actual wait times" actual wait times?

Big Thunder Mountain
125 posted
27 actual?

Is that just whenever the red card was last scanned through the line by a guest?

I think its the interval BETWEEN red cards, Every N'th guest is given a 'red card' and the time it takes until the NEXT 'red card' is scanned is the posted 'wait time'.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I don't know if there is anything illegal about doing that. However, if they really didn't want that data to be published then they probably shouldn't make that data openly available without some sort of encryption.

You are making the assumption that Disney's IT team is savvy enough to know that, MM+ Designed in a boardroom, implemented by contractors on a per-module there is probably no Architect role who knows what all the data flows are. This is one reason Disney's systems lack orthagonality.

Cesar R M

If you go to WDW/DL you may be handed a red card on a lanyard with instructions to give it to the next CM you see in the queue. I've gotten them a bunch of times.
Its sort of a control card to analyse the wait times?

also, yikes! my firefox dictionary keep trying to make me use "analize". And that word is a big no no.

maxime29

Premium Member
Similar question to the red card: Why would they give it to people in Fastpass? They gave us the card when we went to SSE and used FP. Doesn't that throw off wait times entirely? It's not like they post the FP+ wait time for guests to see.

sbunit

We were there Dec 13-19th. This was our first time back in 3 years but we've always came during the period between thanksgiving and Christmas. The Parks were definitely much more crowded than we anticipated and also as compared to previous years. The Christmas party that we attended was a bit overwhelming. We basically just skipped out on the fireworks and character pictures as we've done them in the past and just opted to go on rides. Although we did attend the 8pm parade, we had to view it for the first time ever at Frontierland as opposed to the main street/hub area. We got to the park at 630pm and Main street and the Hub area was absolutely packed. We weren't too thrilled with the new fast pass system either as we felt it contributed to unnecessary longer wait times and interfered with our efficiency. Overall we still had a great time, but things have certainly changed.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Similar question to the red card: Why would they give it to people in Fastpass? They gave us the card when we went to SSE and used FP. Doesn't that throw off wait times entirely? It's not like they post the FP+ wait time for guests to see.
Two queues, separate readers

radiohost

image-jpg.78074
As of right now at Epcot...Who in their right mind would wait 4 hours for Soarin...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 697
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 41

mousehockey37

I'd think with all the posting of wait times, it'd be more interesting to see pictures of people that are camped out (or have been all day already) for tonight's fireworks at the Magic Kingdom and around the WS in EPCOT.

note2001

I'd think with all the posting of wait times, it'd be more interesting to see pictures of people that are camped out (or have been all day already) for tonight's fireworks at the Magic Kingdom and around the WS in EPCOT.

Went to EPCOT one new years eve. Don't think I'll do it again.

The first thing that struck me (other than a 5 hour wait for Soarin up on the board and the maintenance guy leaning on his broom laughing at it) was all the folk sprawled out on the grassy areas at the start of world showcase. It just bothered me... immensely. Add two hours to that and only having gotten as far as China in that timeframe and it no longer bothered me ... in fact I was ready to join those folk just to find a place to get out of the sea of people. (We did not, the kids were very bothered by the drinking and it was ccccold, so we caught the fireworks from the bus stop, the bus trip and from the balcony back at SSR)

mousehockey37

Went to EPCOT one new years eve. Don't think I'll do it again.

The first thing that struck me (other than a 5 hour wait for Soarin up on the board and the maintenance guy leaning on his broom laughing at it) was all the folk sprawled out on the grassy areas at the start of world showcase. It just bothered me... immensely. Add two hours to that and only having gotten as far as China in that timeframe and it no longer bothered me ... in fact I was ready to join those folk just to find a place to get out of the sea of people. (We did not, the kids were very bothered by the drinking and it was ccccold, so we caught the fireworks from the bus stop, the bus trip and from the balcony back at SSR)

That's just it. Unless you're staying at BLT or GF, you're not necessarily going to have a Magical night with the MK fireworks. If you're around the EPCOT resorts, probably, if you have it, your balcony on the Boardwalk will be the best place to see the EPCOT fireworks.

My gf found pictures from one of the DVC rental company guys who was heading OUT on the highway and took pictures of the traffic jam that was the highway headed to the Disney toll booths... Absolute parking lot. The pictures were taken THIS MORNING!

Last edited:

note2001

"Parking lot"... you just reminded me... Interrupting this discussion for a message of the Disaholics broadcasting system:

For those who may not know, Disney Blog will be attempting to stream tonight's MK fireworks. For those brave enough to go in person, good luck finding a parking spot, if it's still open. I expect it to be less crowded at my desk, although I would rather be in Disney ;)

I believe they said it would start at 11:30pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom