Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover closing for a near two month refurbishment

Sped2424

I will miss you the most....

It would sure be cool to add a TRONlike room like the DL People mover had back in the 80s. It was a little thing, but added so much character to the attraction. Or maybe something in the dark dark Space Mountain area.

With Hogwarts Express opening, Peoplemover could easily turn into a star attraction in the same spirit with a pinch of work and imagination.
Two things that aren't found in most projects done by TDO today.

dixiegirl

I'm one of the weird ones who claims this as my favorite attraction in the MK. Its easy to load, lasts a long time, and simply has some beautiful and peaceful views. It does need a lot of work however and I'm extremely excited to see it getting it. I am hoping for much more than a simple refurb though. It definitely needs some new and inventive show scenes, better audio, lots of paint, and some work on the actual ride system.
Nope Our favorite too!! Our Girls who have nicknamed it "theRelaxing ride" who are 13 and 10 say this is one their favs as well..Always have been since our earlier trips to Disney when we needed to get out of the August heat for a break for a little one to take a little nap(or their dad, lol) or for a quick bottle!! So glad its gonna get some love!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Please, PLEASE give it a better narration! This one is so terrible.And this! If I'm not mistaken, the new lighting system did work for a while, and it looked very cool at night, dowsing the track in different colors, but shortly after it was switched off and the lights have been just basic bright white.
You're almost right. The RGB LED lighting was tested after installation, during guest hours. Different hues, zones and chasing effects. Its probably on youtube, if not I shot it.

Apparently the official reason it was locked was it was hard for ride ops to see what was happening around the track with the naked eye.

Any takers on if the refurb will finally bring back the interior Space Mountain audio? On a side note, one good thing, I was told as of last night the star projections once again reach down to and onto the Peoplemover track.

GymLeaderPhil

The difficult thing with recording a live clean TTA narration is that the speakers are in the cealing, spaced out, triggered by emitters, and timed so that the entire vehicle can hear it as it is zooming around. It's only on if the attraction is running and you also have to cope with BGM, as well as other noise intrusions scattered throughout the land/attractions.

I would love a source copy of all of them.

SoupBone

Isn't Mardi Gras week considered a moderate crowd level time? It seems like they would do this when they have a real lull in guest numbers, and not while the whole State of Louisiana is visiting. Good to see them fixing something though.

rct247

Isn't Mardi Gras week considered a moderate crowd level time? It seems like they would do this when they have a real lull in guest numbers, and not while the whole State of Louisiana is visiting. Good to see them fixing something though.

They can't avoid every peak period.
January - WDW Marathon Weekend, MLK Day Weekend
February - President's Day Weekend, Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras
March - Spring Break, sometimes Easter
April - Spring Break, sometimes Easter
May - Memorial Day, Star Wars Weekends
June - Summer Crowds, Star Wars Weekends
July - 4th of July, Tour Group Season, Summer Crowds
August - Summer Crowds
September - Labor Day
October - Food & Wine, October Break/Columbus Day Weekend, Halloween Parties
November - Food & Wine, Thanksgiving Break
December - Parade Taping, Pop Warner, Christmas/New Year's Eve Week

stevehousse

It certainly does need a refurb! We went on it last week during our trip, and on our ride we seriously got stopped 4 times! No joke! Glad to see it finally getting the attention it needs and hopefully all te breakdowns will subside...

rct247

It certainly does need a refurb! We went on it last week during our trip, and on our ride we seriously got stopped 4 times! No joke! Glad to see it finally getting the attention it needs and hopefully all te breakdowns will subside...

95% of those "breakdowns" are because people didn't get in or out of their cars in time. It's not the ride system.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Those tend to start a "cascade" of breakdowns. Stopping and starting that archaic ride system repeatedly angers the TTA gods and that's when you get actual breakdowns. Not to mention, any other ride like that can start up almost immediately after being stopped. TTA takes a few minutes.

hpyhnt 1000

You're almost right. The RGB LED lighting was tested after installation, during guest hours. Different hues, zones and chasing effects. Its probably on youtube, if not I shot it.

Apparently the official reason it was locked was it was hard for ride ops to see what was happening around the track with the naked eye.

Any takers on if the refurb will finally bring back the interior Space Mountain audio? On a side note, one good thing, I was told as of last night the star projections once again reach down to and onto the Peoplemover track.

Seems like a silly reason. A large number of WDW attractions operate in nearly complete darkness and have done so for decades. What they've done to the TTA is the equivalent of installing white flood lights in Haunted Mansion, or SSE, or --insert favorite dark ride here--.

I can understand the lights not rapidly changing color, but just having them be only bright white is dumb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom