Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover closing for a near two month refurbishment

Bocabear

So in 2009's 6 month rehab they added nothing to it and just cleaned it up I would definitely not expect any show upgrades for a short 6 week refurb...

Virtual Toad

TDO, please give this classic the TLC it deserves! Last trip (a few weeks ago) the beautiful blue cars were touched up with peeling brushed-on paint.

And would someone please consider removing the Dreamflight-inspired "lady getting a hairdo" scene with something that actually matches the Buzz Lightyear voice-over we're hearing as we pass by? Mission control? Little green aliens? Something?! 'Cause it's only been what, almost 15 years or so?

rct247

Told ya? You mentioned a 6-month major refurb after NFL is completed. We are getting a 6-week refurb of the TTA while 7DMT will still be crawling to completion. Should be about enough time to change all of the lightbulbs and dust inside Space Mountain.

7DMT has had delays due to weather, otherwise, they initially wanted it to soft open in time for this holiday season. After the opening has been pushed back, they can't hold other refurbishments hostage for too long. They wanted TTA to be up for Easter crowds as it does what it's name implies, eats people up and offers short wait times. The 6 months time frame was only a rumor and estimate. Astro may still see a long refurbishment. TTA only needs to be closed to do any building structural issues. Astro will be closed for that and also to bring back the planets, bring in new elevators, and possibly create a more wheelchair accessible vehicle. Again, that is if all still goes as planned and rumored. You know how budgets are cut these days.

As far as the LED lights at TTA. The colored lighting made it hard for the working cast to monitor areas of the track at night. If you ride, you will find a few lights that are colored, but most remain white for safety.

willtravel

TDO, please give this classic the TLC it deserves! Last trip (a few weeks ago) the beautiful blue cars were touched up with peeling brushed-on paint.

And would someone please consider removing the Dreamflight-inspired "lady getting a hairdo" scene with something that actually matches the Buzz Lightyear voice-over we're hearing as we pass by? Mission control? Little green aliens? Something?! 'Cause it's only been what, almost 15 years or so?
I like that..........Reminds me of Dreamflight.

DougK

NO! Don't remove it! Keep the hairdressing scene it's a classic. I love the dials and knobs instead of digital stuff! Like Carousel of Progress, some things are best left alone, just keep them clean and in working order. Heck for the hairdressing scene there isn't even a "working order" you just look at it as you go by!

nfeagle5

I've been hoping for a long time that they added some new elements to it. A new voice over would be nice. And as it has been said in previous posts, it has the capability to be a much more sought after attraction due to its structure within some of the rides already. Just an elaboration on that and some new themes and it could definitely be a stronger ride. :)

Tom Morrow

Please, PLEASE give it a better narration! This one is so terrible.
Maybe they could actually make the cool (and expensive) lighting system work...

Nah....I doubt it.
And this! If I'm not mistaken, the new lighting system did work for a while, and it looked very cool at night, dowsing the track in different colors, but shortly after it was switched off and the lights have been just basic bright white.

G00fyDad

Please slow it down a little. My God, when we rode it this past October it took off like a bullet. We hit the curves at what seemed like break-neck speed. I don;t remember this thing being that fast.

willtravel

Please, PLEASE give it a better narration! This one is so terrible.And this! If I'm not mistaken, the new lighting system did work for a while, and it looked very cool at night, dowsing the track in different colors, but shortly after it was switched off and the lights have been just basic bright white.
Sounds like a infomercial.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom