News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

Movielover

Look I know wheel-slippage is dangerous and harmful to every locomotive far from it. But I was so steamed-off about some people on Twitter making very snide remarks to that rather unpleasant incident and claimed that the trainee doesn't deserve to be an engineer, which was very unconstructive, unhelpful, and uncalled for! 😠

I got a little side tracked myself....
Man this conversation went off the rails...

Elizabeth Swann

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
True.

But on a serious note. This attraction should have been destroyed 20-30 years ago. What's all this nonsense about 'right of passage' ? No kids today want to go on a petrol car, with limited manouvering, around a poorly themed track.
Do you have kids? I know plenty of kids who love the Speedway. It's still one of my daughter's favorites.

Bocabear

I bet she would like it even more if it were expanded with sleek electric vehicles and lots of set dressing and special effects....and a super-cool night lighting program....
and no one will miss the petrol smell or noise.....
The potential for this to be something great is there....and ignored....

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

I bet she would like it even more if it were expanded with sleek electric vehicles and lots ofset dressing and special effects....and a super-cool night lighting program....
Until one of them goes into thermal runaway

Splash4eva

Do you have kids? I know plenty of kids who love the Speedway. It's still one of my daughter's favorites.
Same here but they should have partnered and switched these cars out along with theming the attraction better. Your telling me you cant have Disney characters along the way making it even more fun

Elizabeth Swann

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I bet she would like it even more if it were expanded with sleek electric vehicles and lots ofset dressing and special effects....and a super-cool night lighting program....
Maybe but she loves it the way it is

DonniePeverley

No kids? Really? There are loads of kids who queue up for the ride.

Kids are not a gage for quality. Kids will queue up for 'barnstormer' coaster too, or any other nonsense you put infront of them.

Let's face it - the reality is this attraction is only there because it's budgetry. No one feels bothered to do anything about it, update it, or just mothball it. It was an attraction built in 1971, that should have been moth balled around 1972.

Oh but the 'nostalga' brigrade' will be out in force. Oh it's our youth, etc Utter nonsense. These lot stop progress.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom