News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

Disone

The trains always finished for the night before the first parade, because the train crosses the parade route.
What does the parade have to do with it?

Clearly the trains do not stop for the day parade so why would they have to "finish for the night before the first parade?"

Yes, in recent history, say the last decade or so the trains have stopped before the fireworks. But in Magic Kingdoms total history they definitely use to run at night.

Disone

We aren't talking about DLR. We are discussing WDW.
So am I!

WDW use to run after the first night parade. Parades : day or night have nothing to do with the timing is closure for the WDW RR.

I mention that DL "still does" in the context of WDW no longer does. So yes, we are very much talking WDW RR.

Let me phrase it better.... Both DL and WDW RR's use to run at night. DL still does. WDW does not, but for decades in MK history it use too, just like DL still does to this very day.

Last edited:

mm52200

Clearly the trains do not stop for the day parade so why would they have to "finish for the night before the first parade?"

Yes, in recent history, say the last decade or so the trains have stopped before the fireworks. But in Magic Kingdoms total history they definitely use to run at night.
You just said it, in the last decade or so they have stopped before the fireworks.
So going off of that operational knowledge of easily the last 10-15 years…they’re not going to change it now. Especially with staffing shortages, and other issues.

Chupaca Bruh

We rode the speedway a couple weeks ago so we could get a closer look at Tron. I don't have any issues with a "drive your own" car ride just this version of it. I understand it is suppose to replicate racing but that doesn't come off well. The one at Disneyland is so much more interesting with it's spaghetti layout, up and down the hills and all the trees and bushes. I would prefer the land under the speedway to be used for a couple of new attractions or scrape out the speedway and put in a much more interesting Autopia. The white Christmas decorations were kind of neat and retro.

Disone

You just said it, in the last decade or so they have stopped before the fireworks.
So going off of that operational knowledge of easily the last 10-15 years…they’re not going to change it now. Especially with staffing shortages, and other issues.
Which is why I mention DL still continues to operate at night. WDW should go back to when they use too as well. But you are right they are going to.

The conversation got "side tracked" :) when it was said WDW has always removed the trains from the operation prior to the first night parade because..... Regardless of the reason stated This just is not true.

Touchdown

Perhaps those two perimeter launch sites used in DE impact the train?
Other parks have roller coasters impacted by fireworks, it just means operations need to pause until post show inspections are preformed and then ops resume. If Disney wanted to they could but they don’t so they won’t.

ToTBellHop

Other parks have roller coasters impacted by fireworks, it just means operations need to pause until post show inspections are preformed and then ops resume. If Disney wanted to they could but they don’t so they won’t.
Perhaps it is not worth it to open the WDWRR for an hour from 9-10 pm. They should really open it on DAH nights, though.

Captain Barbossa

For the record, since at least 2013, the WDWRR would close for the night around 20 mins prior to the fireworks, even on the nights when MK would stay open for another 2-4hrs after the fireworks. And no, I’m not guessing. I’m speaking from personal experience. Also, based off of calendars and closing times for the WDWRR over the last several years, they tend to avoid running in the dark, unlike the DLRR, so closing at 6 when it gets dark early during this time of year isn’t unusual.

ToTBellHop

For the record, since at least 2013, the WDWRR would close for the night around 20 mins prior to the fireworks, even on the nights when MK would stay open for another 2-4hrs after the fireworks. And no, I’m not guessing. I’m speaking from personal experience. Also, based off of calendars and closing times for the WDWRR over the last several years, they tend to avoid running in the dark, unlike the DLRR, so closing at 6 when it gets dark early during this time of year isn’t unusual.
I enjoyed riding in the dark as a kid. I guess that’s not safe anymore. But I also played unsupervised in a playground as a kid. It was a wild time in the 1990s.

Animaniac93-98

I finally listened to the new narration on the train today. I like the part with Peter Pan and don't mind losing the bit where Pocahontas sang ("if you listen real carefully..." You could hear her 10 miles away).

Disone

I finally listened to the new narration on the train today. I like the part with Peter Pan and don't mind losing the bit where Pocahontas sang ("if you listen real carefully..." You could hear her 10 miles away).
I liked the Peter Pan thing too. Also, laughed at your synopsis of the Pocahontas scenario. 100% true. Having said that, I did wonder how neat it would be if each set of railroad cars had its own a little adventure as it went through the Enchanted Forest in the back stretch. Maybe Pocahontas could sing after the village.

Yet another set of cars could have Dumbo land on the roof.... Timothy mouse says something inspiring and then you hear them fly off. Complete with elephant trumpet call.

Fourth set could have mad hatter hosting a tea party on the roof of the train.

TrainsOfDisney

The trains always finished for the night before the first parade, because the train crosses the parade route.
Nope. I would regularly ride the WDW RR after fireworks and I would hope to time it so I saw the big orange fish at the Frontierland crossing! Basically it happened once and I thought it was hilarious.
I'm not quite sure what you're arguing about. The trains have never run during or after fireworks.
I’m not quite sure what you’re arguing about. The trains regularly ran after fireworks even as recent as 2018 when they ran trains on New Year’s Eve after the first show but before the 2nd showing of fireworks.

Ayla

Thank you for the confirmation.

EricsBiscuit

This is more of a cost saving and staffing issue than anything. The WDWRR used to operate well past the fireworks on a regular basis and they should again in the future when they have the staffing to do it.

Disone

I've been going to the Magic Kingdom since 1983. (Yikes... Dating myself now) I assure you the trains used to run at night. And yes in between the night parades. I can confirm this personally.

You acknowledge his confirmation at face value and as fact and without consideration of my own experience or that of Ericsbiscuit and trainsofdisney, both of whom have proven to be exceptionally knowledgeable in regards to the Walt Disney World railroad.

Nothing against Barbosa, his personal experience is definitely his.... But it is not confirmation that the WDW RR trains "have never run after the fireworks"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom