News Tomorrowland love

GymLeaderPhil

I heard some mention of uplighting.

The PeopleMover support beams that end with stone bench seating near Monsters/Buzz/Astro/Lunching Pad had uplighting installed in the planter beds in the ‘94 update.

Since they were in the planters, mulch and foliage often blocked them. Either due to guests playing with the mulch, weather, or lack of horticulture upkeep. It was bad design and they never addressed it. Much like the flooding that occurs when they repaved the land.

Simon83079

I do wonder, Is there any sign of them taking this thing down or are they just gonna repaint it like the fins?
1582467103200.png

yensidtlaw1969

The entrance and queue would have been through the Circlevision theatre, with the ride in the parking lot to the south of Tomorrowland. It was a launched coaster but of a different layout than what is being built.
What would the Show Building have looked like on the Magic Kingdom Skyline?

:p

RSoxNo1

I’ve always felt like TRON and GotG should have swapped locations. Especially with Test Track 2.0 giving some strong TRON vibes.
That might have been the issue. One early proposal was for Tron to go to Futureworld.

A very early proposal. Pre DHS.
Since Space Mountain needed a re-build, I would have loved to see Space Mountain move to EPCOT with both TRON and Guardians going to Tomorrowland.

SplashJacket

Since Space Mountain needed a re-build, I would have loved to see Space Mountain move to EPCOT with both TRON and Guardians going to Tomorrowland.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I cannot tell if you're joking or not. If you're not, the actual building of Space Mountain does not need a rebuild, instead, the track within the building needs to be completely torn out and built from the ground up. Swapping out a track is a very different task from relocating an entire building, especially one built like Space Mountain.

Small World, is essentially housed in a glorified warehouse and could be moved. Space Mountain as a whole could be relocated but the costs would be astronomical and thus would not serve much benefit compared to ground-up construction.

RSoxNo1

Don't take this the wrong way, but I cannot tell if you're joking or not. If you're not, the actual building of Space Mountain does not need a rebuild, instead, the track within the building needs to be completely torn out and built from the ground up. Swapping out a track is a very different task from relocating an entire building, especially one built like Space Mountain.

Small World, is essentially housed in a glorified warehouse and could be moved. Space Mountain as a whole could be relocated but the costs would be astronomical and thus would not serve much benefit compared to ground-up construction.
Yes, the building is fine but since I'm playing God I would have rebuilt that too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom