News Tomorrowland love

roj2323

Advertisement
They were painted purple relatively recently so I would think they are staying.
lol, paint means nothing. I saw an entire building get gutted, remodeled and used for a year at DHS before getting promptly bulldozed afterwards. Also, innovations only got a repaint 2-3 years ago and now half of that is being bulldozed as well.

you have to remember that paint is cheap in the grand scheme of things

ImperfectPixie

Why are the letters so small? They are disproportionate to the size of the base and with nothing else up there it's just lacking. 👎
I agree. While I like the shape of the base and letter style, the base shouldn't be so large and thick in relation to the word. They should have either slimmed down the base or made the circle at the top wider so the word could be bigger.

Josh Hendy

This doesn't look architecturally or thematically coherent. What does the weird looking pole represent... a traffic signal? Miniature air raid alarm? Sprinkler? And the pedestals look like, sort of could be trash cans ... ?

yensidtlaw1969

In the Parks
No
I'm ready for any indication that there's a cohesive vision behind what they're doing to this land . . . like, really.

Do we know when we can expect this to be "done", where we can look and say "this is what Tomorrowland looks like now"? They've been filtering in elements since summer 2016. Should it really take until TRON opens for the "new" land to be complete, or can we expect the finalized overlay, like, this summer?

gustaftp

I don't really mind the rocks, but those PeopleMover legs need to be swapped out. They do not match the sleek and clean aesthetic of the upper platform at all. If this is where they decided to cheap out, well, it looks far less coherent than not remodeling the back half of the land in 1994.

WDWTank

I'll be honest. I really think they're screwing the pooch with WDW's formerly perfect tomorrowland by taking the '94 stuff and just painting it white instead of completely replacing it...
It’s like taking out the 1983 Bavarian theming added to Fantasyland and downgrading it to the 1955 version. By the way Walt planned to use Bavarian theming but resorted to the tents because of a lack of funds.

WDWTank

It would have been better to finally theme the back half of the land to the ‘94 look and use the speedway space to transition to Tron instead of this mess. Not liking this hodge podge at all.
I’m not liking this either. This isn’t progress. This isn’t what Walt advocated for. Eventually Tomorrowland will need another ‘94 style update. History will repeat itself.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

I’m not linking this either. This isn’t progress. This isn’t what Walt advocated for. Eventually Tomorrowland will need another ‘94 style update. History will repeat it
I don't think Walt would've wanted Tomorrowland to be based on Buck Rogers, pure sci-fi cheese older than Disneyland. Walt's Tomorrowland focused on what future American industry could bring (Especially Tomorrowland '67).

Plus Tomorrowland '67 was actually finished unlike Tomorrowland '94, where the architecture mostly reverts to that of 70's Tomorrowland.

BubbaisWoke

It would have been better to finally theme the back half of the land to the ‘94 look and use the speedway space to transition to Tron instead of this mess. Not liking this hodge podge at all.
I would agree but I didn't like the New Fantasy Land approach. I really feel like they should have updated the original Fantasyland before putting the gorgeous new one. The original is so outdated with the medieval tents and boring red pavement, I was shocked on my first visit. Changing the whole look of Tomorrowland to one theme was good idea, although I understand people wishing they'd keep the 94' look..

Funny thing is, Guardians would have probably fit the 94' space-station look and Tron would have perfectly fit in Epcot, though similar to Test Track in theme. I'm not sure why they choose to take the more complicated route but there's no going back now.

MrConbon

I would agree but I didn't like the New Fantasy Land approach. I really feel like they should have updated the original Fantasyland before putting the gorgeous new one. The original is so outdated with the medieval tents and boring red pavement, I was shocked on my first visit. Changing the whole look of Tomorrowland to one theme was good idea, although I understand people wishing they'd keep the 94' look..

Funny thing is, Guardians would have probably fit the 94' space-station look and Tron would have perfectly fit in Epcot, though similar to Test Track in theme. I'm not sure why they choose to take the more complicated route but there's no going back now.
I’ve always felt like TRON and GotG should have swapped locations. Especially with Test Track 2.0 giving some strong TRON vibes.

Top Bottom