News Tomorrowland love

trainplane3

The clickbait site has posted new images of Tomorrowland work. Looks like they’re taking off the upper metal bar on the PeoplemoverView attachment 426728View attachment 426725View attachment 426726View attachment 426732
The metal bars have been disappearing for over a month now.
Metal beams from the top of the TTA are coming down:
icmhHsHr.jpg

PsS6zda.jpg

fngoofy

TJJohn12

Not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere, but with the Star Traders update, Peoplemover spiel was also changed. Now it just says "Star Traders" instead of "Mickey's Star Traders", and they cut out Mickey's "That's right, it's out of this world!" line at the end.

I'll toss in the opinion that this is a *very* good thing for placemaking. Mickey being the owner was jarring in terms of theme in T'land. Yes, it's a small thing (and the bigger culprits of Monsters and Buzz are still around), but it's a step in the right direction. Keep the fantasyland elements - if they must exist in T'land - out of sight.

Kman101

It definitely feels like we're going back to some "old school" philosophy from the changes we're seeing in Epcot and Tomorrowland...perhaps the execs are betting on the profitability of nostalgia, or there's some imagineers who want to go back to that time.

I think there's a clear struggle between those in management/imagineering who want the old way and then the push from above for IP. I'm guessing they're trying to find a happy balance, if that's possible.

I approve of this change for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom