News Tomorrowland love

Kman101

With new launch tech and larger capacity ride vehicles I think they could come close to matching current capacity with a single track. Slinky dog is incredibly efficient.

I'd prefer WDW's SM stay unique with the two tracks and bobsled style. The point of our Space Mountain was to be the "Space Matterhorn". You know it's basically a clone of the Matterhorn, because you know all ;)

jt04

I'd prefer WDW's SM stay unique with the two tracks and bobsled style. The point of our Space Mountain was to be the "Space Matterhorn". You know it's basically a clone of the Matterhorn, because you know all ;)

Well I at least know Space Mountain needs to be brought into the 21st century.

And the Matterhorn will still be there. Where Walt intended. 😊

Kman101

Well I at least know Space Mountain needs to be brought into the 21st century.

And the Matterhorn will still be there. Where Walt intended. 😊

Of course it does. But it doesn't mean both tracks have to go and you don't need cars where you sit side by side. It's only your opinion, not fact ;)

If you want 21st century modern, in two years you can mosey on over to TRON :p

I don't want my Space Mountain to be like all the others. It does need an update but not the update you think it needs. IMO, of course :)

jt04

Of course it does. But it doesn't mean both tracks have to go and you don't need cars where you sit side by side. It's only your opinion, not fact ;)

If you want 21st century modern, in two years you can mosey on over to TRON :p

I don't want my Space Mountain to be like all the others. It does need an update but not the update you think it needs. IMO, of course :)

This same discussion is likely happening at WDI.

Kman101

I really liked (pie in the sky here) the idea of Switzerland at World Showcase and the Matterhorn behind that. Also, really like the idea of Mt Fuji behind Japan.

I get wanting sponsorship to build these things. I don't get having to have sponsorship to build these things.

Me too (if we had a Matterhorn in Epcot, I'd be just fine changing SM, but I still see no reason to lose the two tracks). Would love to gaze across World Showcase and see two amazing mountains sitting there.

Agreed on the sponsorship thing. They don't "need" them.

T.Will

I was watching a ride-through of the Peoplemover and saw this. I don't believe anybody's commented on this little paint job on the Peoplemover before. It's very odd.

Kman101

I imagine it was already posted but the Restrooms by Auntie's also got a paint job, I believe white (the restrooms that attach to the new orange creamsicle color scheme)

T.Will

I'm looking back at some older Peoplemover videos. Turns out that specific color change has been there for a while. I never saw that before. False alarm.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
As with most Tomorrowlands... I'm struggling to see the "big picture" with what this land is supposed to represent. Why must Tomorrowland be a mishmash? I keep hoping it finds an identity. Disharmonious patterns and textures against color choices ripped right out of Pantone's "Through the Decades" colorbook. All that's missing is chrome and the random sprinkling of Steampunk to complete the confusion. But it's something. Hopefully it all comes together in the end.

Last edited:

T.Will

As with most Tommorowlands... I'm struggling to see the "big picture" and what this land is supposed to represent. Why must Tommorowland be a mishmash? I keep hoping it finds an identity. Disharmonious patterns and textures against color choices ripped right out of Pantone's "Decades" colorbook. A dash of 50s and 60s with some tacky retro80s rounded brick designs and angular lines befitting 90s-00s. All that's missing is chrome and the random sprinkling of Steampunk to complete the confusion.
Tomorrowland just seems to plague Disney management since the beginning. To be fair, we're sort of in a transition phase with an attempt to bring back to the 70s look with some modern color flare, which is a compromise I'd love. However, it'll only work if they have the budget and expertise to see it through.

brihow

Tomorrowland just seems to plague Disney management since the beginning. To be fair, we're sort of in a transition phase with an attempt to bring back to the 70s look with some modern color flare, which is a compromise I'd love. However, it'll only work if they have the budget and expertise to see it through.

Except even if they achieve that (which looks doubtful), it has nothing to do with the aesthetic of the Tron ride. Their best chance would honestly be to stick to an all-white color scheme and perhaps add a few flourishes of futuristic architecture around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom