• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Tomorrowland love

aladdin2007

Advertisement
After seeing some of the reports of the random pastel paint, I'm wondering if @marni1971 knows what the end goal is here. Seemed like there was optimism towards Tomorrowland, but this seems kind of random and unorganized.
could not agree more, what happened....

Brad Bishop

After seeing some of the reports of the random pastel paint, I'm wondering if @marni1971 knows what the end goal is here. Seemed like there was optimism towards Tomorrowland, but this seems kind of random and unorganized.
I think the reality for the Tomorrowland makeover is going to be:
  • Tron
  • Paint
  • Stitch's Empty Building
Even the 1994 revamp was never completed and this has been going on for 2 years now and, so far, we've gotten the Purple Wall out of it (and Stitch's Empty Building).

I actually think Epcot's Future World remake is going to end up much the same:
  • new entrance (no more grieving at the tombstones) - planters with nice flowers and a working fountain
  • GotG over in Ellen's Old Adventure
  • Some more shuffling of the festivals so that they can fit more in. I could even see them doing a "Non-festival Festival" where the excitement is that there are no kiosks to walk around.
...and that's where it'll sort of fizzle out. 2021 will come and go and once it's gone there's no reason to revamp the parks any longer for another 20 years. You'll get an odd, IP-based attraction (because non-IP based attractions can no longer be built) and that'll be it.

Really look at what realistically could be done in the next 1.5ish years. That's what they're working on now and flowers and paint. They're not going to be working on much during the 18months of the 50th and won't have a reason to start on anything after because the 50th will be in their rear-view mirror so there's no reason to start something else.

Purduevian

I do kind of wonder what if they used the sameish layout but had the coasters be double the width (2 across). Seems like an extremely cheap and easy way to increase MK capacity.

Movielover

I do kind of wonder what if they used the sameish layout but had the coasters be double the width (2 across). Seems like an extremely cheap and easy way to increase MK capacity.
Its a nifty idea but you might run into some problems with clearance between the riders and structure.

180º

Remember that the Tomorrowland movie came out in 2011 so as a movie it was in the works by 2009. Some backend thinking probably along the lines of "we should hold off the refurb a of Space Mtn bit and wrap it into the eventual Tomorrow Land redo" that never happened when the movie tanked.
Interesting point, but you’re way off on Tomorrowland’s release year, which was 2015. I’m not so sure it was in the works in 2009.

Kman101

With new launch tech and larger capacity ride vehicles I think they could come close to matching current capacity with a single track. Slinky dog is incredibly efficient.
I'd prefer WDW's SM stay unique with the two tracks and bobsled style. The point of our Space Mountain was to be the "Space Matterhorn". You know it's basically a clone of the Matterhorn, because you know all ;)

jt04

I'd prefer WDW's SM stay unique with the two tracks and bobsled style. The point of our Space Mountain was to be the "Space Matterhorn". You know it's basically a clone of the Matterhorn, because you know all ;)
Well I at least know Space Mountain needs to be brought into the 21st century.

And the Matterhorn will still be there. Where Walt intended. 😊

Kman101

Well I at least know Space Mountain needs to be brought into the 21st century.

And the Matterhorn will still be there. Where Walt intended. 😊
Of course it does. But it doesn't mean both tracks have to go and you don't need cars where you sit side by side. It's only your opinion, not fact ;)

If you want 21st century modern, in two years you can mosey on over to TRON :p

I don't want my Space Mountain to be like all the others. It does need an update but not the update you think it needs. IMO, of course :)

jt04

Of course it does. But it doesn't mean both tracks have to go and you don't need cars where you sit side by side. It's only your opinion, not fact ;)

If you want 21st century modern, in two years you can mosey on over to TRON :p

I don't want my Space Mountain to be like all the others. It does need an update but not the update you think it needs. IMO, of course :)
This same discussion is likely happening at WDI.

Top Bottom