News Tomorrowland love

Rich Brownn

I'd prefer WDW's SM stay unique with the two tracks and bobsled style. The point of our Space Mountain was to be the "Space Matterhorn". You know it's basically a clone of the Matterhorn, because you know all ;)
Actually, Space Mountain was originally proposed for Disneyland so no, it wasn't. (There we plans at one point to add the Matterhorn here too).

Clamman73

Looking at this new picture from @wdwmagic, it seems like we're getting another pattern on the building.
Tomorrowland_Full_34999.jpg

Random question: Those "metal" TTA supports at the entrance to the land are going to get changed back to the original retro white ones, right @marni1971?
Screenshot from Cory Meets World livestream this morning.

MickeyMouse10

Hopefully they get rid of Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. It doesn't fit in Tomorrowland at all. Unless they are saying the Pixar theory is true and in the future every human is dead in the world and the Monsters have taken over. And the colorful doors they go through are time portals to the past.

I wouldn't mind if they just moved it over to Hollywood Studios. That seems like a Disney thing to do. Take one existing ride and build a land around it ala Toy Story Land.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
In the future all trees look like Kabobs and there is very little theming.

I'm good with this.

Hopefully they get rid of Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. It doesn't fit in Tomorrowland at all. Unless they are saying the Pixar theory is true and in the future every human is dead in the world and the Monsters have taken over. And the colorful doors they go through are time portals to the past.

I wouldn't mind if they just moved it over to Hollywood Studios. That seems like a Disney thing to do. Take one existing ride and build a land around it ala Toy Story Land.

It's one of the more popular armchair ideas. It'd be a easy move and quick gain for DHS. Problem remains though... what to do with the husk of a land that is Tomorrowland should it lose another attraction? TL needs new attractions! Then there's the vacant Stitch building and I can't imagine Buzz sticking around for another 10+ years. Armchairs unite! Someone throw Disney a bone. Why haven't they come up with serviceable attractions to revitalize TL? Oh... it's the $$$. Paint must be hella-expensive.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

It's one of the more popular armchair ideas. It'd be a easy move and quick gain for DHS. Problem remains though... what to do with the husk of a land that is Tomorrowland should it lose another attraction? TL needs new attractions! Then there's the vacant Stitch building and I can't imagine Buzz sticking around for another 10+ years. Armchairs unite! Someone throw Disney a bone. I can't imagine why they haven't come up with serviceable attractions to revitalize TL. Oh... it's the $$$. Paint must be hella-expensive.

I'd be cool with them replacing Stitch beforehand. Then they could do a trade of "Star Tours" for "Monsters Inc".

es135

Has there been any word on the Antman ride from HKDL(not that I was impressed with the ride through videos) replacing Buzz here? Or is that impossible due to the Universal contract?

Brad Bishop

Fresh Baked just did a video on the rumor for Disneyland's Tomorrowland.

Granted, it's a rumor but he's heard it twice now from two different sources:
Tear it down

Literally demolish all of it and rebuild something new saving Space Mountain and the Lagoon. It makes a lot of sense. Everything is so tightly integrated that you can't tear down one thing without possibly wreaking havoc on another. The Peoplemover was lost long ago.

Imagine if they did that at DL and then either built the Discoveryland (Jules Verne based) or even if they gave you something like a "Tomorrowland Mainstreet" like the 1994 version was supposed to be for MK (all new buildings and attractions).

It'd make a lot of sense at the Magic Kingdom, IMO, though you'd lose the Peoplemover.

MickeyMouse10

Imagine if they did that at DL and then either built the Discoveryland (Jules Verne based) or even if they gave you something like a "Tomorrowland Mainstreet" like the 1994 version was supposed to be for MK (all new buildings and attractions).

It'd make a lot of sense at the Magic Kingdom, IMO, though you'd lose the Peoplemover.

I would love to see the Jules Verne theming come to either Land or World. It is a relevant theming that will not look dated in 30 years. It looks much better than the sterile future theming DW seems to be going with.

But I'd rather have them integrate the peoplemover as well into the new section. It's one of my favorite rides to completely daff out on.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I'd be cool with them replacing Stitch beforehand. Then they could do a trade of "Star Tours" for "Monsters Inc".

Not me. I'd be cool with them rewriting Stitch and making it work. Doesn't have to be make-all, end-all amazeballs but a descent, serviceable show could/should/would have be attainable. Still don't really get why the shuttered it. Yeah it was a crap attraction but it had it's charms. It just needed a solid rewrite. I mean, if your going to do IP in Tomorrowland Stitch is THE ideal choice for an attraction. But I'm a broken record at this point. I don't think they know what to do with Tomorrowland.

MickeyMouse10

Not me. I'd be cool with them rewriting Stitch and making it work. Doesn't have to be make-all, end-all amazeballs but a descent, serviceable show could/should/would have be attainable. Still don't really get why the shuttered it. Yeah it was a crap attraction but it had it's charms. It just needed a solid rewrite. I mean, if your going to do IP in Tomorrowland Stitch is THE ideal choice for an attraction. But I'm a broken record at this point. I don't think they know what to do with Tomorrowland.

I don't think it was ever setup right for Stitch. Because it was a cheap retheme of the building's previous attraction. I wouldn't mind if Stitch came back, but I'd rather the attraction be a dark ride like they have in Fantasyland.

The shoulder restraints never really pleased me or the show itself. My family usually skipped it whenever we took our trips to Florida.

Last edited:

Brad Bishop

I don't think it was ever setup right for Stitch. Because it was cheap retheme of the building's previous attraction. I wouldn't mind if Stitch came back, but I'd rather the attraction be a dark ride like they have in Fantasyland.

The shoulder restraints never really pleased me or the show itself. My family usually skipped it whenever we went down.

I went on it once, just to see what it was, then never again. Even on a hot, sunny day as a walk-on, I'd skip it. Other rides, such as Ellen, you would still get on if nothing else but for some cold air and a nap (which says a LOT about Ellen) but Stitch didn't even warrant that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom