News Tomorrowland love

Kman101

I'll never understand people making excuses for Disney to NOT make their rides better.

You can enjoy something and still see the room for improvement.

Exactly. I enjoy a lot of things but I'm always thinking of room for improvement. Shouldn't we get "the best" each and every time? "Good enough" shouldn't cut it. I mean, I don't hate TSL like some and what's there is nice but don't tell me they couldn't do a lot better.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
You can enjoy something and still see the room for improvement.
You are correct.
I can get behind updating the ride mechanics and some new show scenes for Buzz...

Buzz is probably on a top 20 list for "least of my concerns" as far as ride updatings go though. I'd much rather Disney focused on other rides and attractions first, that actually need more help than Buzz does.

AshaNeOmah

Space Mountain and RnRC are extremely amazing rides for thrill seekers.

Space Mountain is not a ride for thrill seekers. It has a max speed of 28 mph, 26 ft drop, no inversions, and 3.7 Gs. Any other park would call it a kiddie coaster.

RnRC is popular but somewhat dated considering Aerosmith is no longer popular outside of those that listen to classic rock.

Aerosmith had already achieved that status 20 years go when the ride was conceived. From my very quick search, they've only had one platinum album since the ride open and none in the past 17 years. RnRC's theme was dated after the first year or two.

Last edited:

GlacierGlacier

Buzz lightyear makes me feel like I need to douse myself with a gallon of hand sanitizer after I ride it. It's easily the worst installation internationally, feels cheap, and the guns are worse quality than the ones you can buy in the gift shop. The projection hallway makes me feel like I need a pair of glasses with lenses three inches thick, and the queue makes me feel like I'm in a tin lunchbox with a dollar-store Bluetooth speaker blaring alarms mixed with the screams of small children taped to the side.

At least the spinners in the park don't make me feel like I'm in a moldy sketchers Light-Up shoebox.

I'll still ride it though. It's worth the wait more than PPF is.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Buzz lightyear makes me feel like I need to douse myself with a gallon of hand sanitizer after I ride it. It's easily the worst installation internationally, feels cheap, and the guns are worse quality than the ones you can buy in the gift shop. The projection hallway makes me feel like I need a pair of glasses with lenses three inches thick, and the queue makes me feel like I'm in a tin lunchbox with a dollar-store Bluetooth speaker blaring alarms mixed with the screams of small children taped to the side.

At least the spinners in the park don't make me feel like I'm in a moldy sketchers Light-Up shoebox.

I'll still ride it though. It's worth the wait more than PPF is.

Actually, I'm surprised there aren't hand sanitizers all over the parks like on cruise ships...

TwilightZone

I find all the shooter style attractions boring and overrated. I'd rather have traditional dark rides where the focus is storytelling as opposed to "interactive elements".
There's only one shooter ride that truly immersed me and that's the justice league ride at six flags.

Six flags should never out rank disney.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Space Mountain is not a ride for thrill seekers. It has a max speed of 28 mph, 26 ft drop, no inversions, and 3.7 Gs. Any other park would call it a kiddie coaster.

Aerosmith had already achieved that status 20 years go when the ride was conceived. From my very quick search, they've only had one platinum album since the ride open and none in the past 17 years. RnRC's theme was dated after the first year or two.
These are only opinions. As a thrill seeker myself, I find Space Mountain very thrilling. If the lights were on, that'd be a different story.

jt04

Does anyone doubt everything in the MK will get refurbed before the 50th? At least new paint and effects working?

After that all bets are off as MK 2.0 will likely be next on the agenda IMO.

After Epcots 40th that is. But before DAKs 30th. IMO.

WDWTank

I, personally, don't see it as very dated. It is still very popular, and its a simple fun shooting game ride with physical targets instead of screens. I personally like it a lot more than Toy Story Mania.
I agree :) And it’s one of the most popular rides in MK, they can’t close it!

jaxonp

LOL, so true it does need an entire overhaul but I get they just aren't going to do it all at once. They can't really with how busy the MK always is.

I agree with you 100% on the last sentence. I like where it's visually heading, but it's still a mess and a hodgepodge of attractions.

And I think the new sign just stands out more because of the old '94 things still attached to the peoplemover track. Once those are gone and some more paint is applied, I think it will be much more appealing, though I didn't hate the Sci-Fi City walkway (though I'm glad that intrusive thing blocking the walkway is gone), it just never gelled with the rest of the land once you got past Stitch, Monsters and Buzz. EDIT: It just always screams "I don't know what I am" ... lol

I’m not impressed with Monstors hide and go seek at all. I thought it would be great until I actually rode it. It’s fine, but it’s not a game changer. At least with Buzz you can reride and play against your partner to get a better score. Tokyo Tomorrowland is very weak compared to the rest of the park save their fantasyland which could also you some help.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I’m not impressed with Monstors hide and go seek at all. I thought it would be great until I actually rode it. It’s fine, but it’s not a game changer. At least with Buzz you can reride and play against your partner to get a better score. Tokyo Tomorrowland is very weak compared to the rest of the park save their fantasyland which could also you some help.

Sadly, I have to agree with this. I don't feel it's very interactive in general and it mostly feels like a standard dark ride. One of the very few disappointments in TDR

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom