News Tomorrowland love

Cesar R M

Wreck-it Ralph in the form of Sugar Rush was a one-time contender floated for an overlay.

Since Incredibles is the hot item that Disney is rushing into the park, the presumption is they'll go *everywhere*!! Look for the Incredibles to be flying next to you on a Banshee.

Which brings us to "possibly". And, possibly, the new Speedway will be littered with flying monkeys and Darby O'Gills.
I laughed at the banshee thing.. but then .. after seeing GOT show in Epcot.. I was actually worried for a sec..

geekza

I laughed at the banshee thing.. but then .. after seeing GOT show in Epcot.. I was actually worried for a sec..
I could be wrong, but don't the use the Darby O'Gill banshee sound effects in the Haunted Mansion? I just rewatched that film about a month ago and had forgotten the sinister and creepy vibe that runs through it. It's great!

Brer Oswald

Honestly, given time and effort, the Incredibles could be a good addition to Tomorrowland, provided that they continue to restore Tomorrowland to its old self. The setting of the film shares many design qualities with old Tomorrowland, all they would need is some sort of plot and villain to tie it into the park, and then you have an attraction that is both IP specific and properly matching the theme of the land. Fits a lot better than Buzz or Monsters.

Bairstow

Honestly, given time and effort, the Incredibles could be a good addition to Tomorrowland, provided that they continue to restore Tomorrowland to its old self. The setting of the film shares many design qualities with old Tomorrowland, all they would need is some sort of plot and villain to tie it into the park, and then you have an attraction that is both IP specific and properly matching the theme of the land. Fits a lot better than Buzz or Monsters.

That would be an interesting fit, since The Incredibles is retrofuturistic, but in a different way from the 90s Tomorrowland overlay. Rather than being in "the future", or even a past vision of "the future", it's almost like a version of the recent past but with certain advanced technologies (maglev trains) but not others (the internet). This was way stronger in the second film than the first.

EricsBiscuit

The EPCOT model is back. No more cobwebs!
IMG_5834.JPG
IMG_5835.JPG

MrPromey

Ah, but does it taste purple.

My question is, why does it have its own drink, magic band, and t-shirt but no twitter account?

I'm sitting here right now stuck in an emotional bind wondering what thoughts the purple wall may be having about our relations with China and NATO while it has no outlet to express them...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom