News Tomorrowland love

Dr.GrantSeeker

I was just there this morning and the Tomorrowland BGM is currently not playing anyways. They have some weird Incredibles music that has taken over Tomorrowland for the expo that is going on.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster

Princess Leia

Regarding the speedway:
"The Magic Kingdom version of the ride is also rumored to include new off-ride lighting around the track and may feature some scenes from Disney franchises; most notably including TRON, but also possibly including Wreck-It Ralph or The Incredibles."

Did I miss something???

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Regarding the speedway:
"The Magic Kingdom version of the ride is also rumored to include new off-ride lighting around the track and may feature some scenes from Disney franchises; most notably including TRON, but also possibly including Wreck-It Ralph or The Incredibles."

Did I miss something???

Wreck-it Ralph in the form of Sugar Rush was a one-time contender floated for an overlay.

Since Incredibles is the hot item that Disney is rushing into the park, the presumption is they'll go *everywhere*!! Look for the Incredibles to be flying next to you on a Banshee.

Which brings us to "possibly". And, possibly, the new Speedway will be littered with flying monkeys and Darby O'Gills.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Wreck-it Ralph in the form of Sugar Rush was a one-time contender floated for an overlay.

Since Incredibles is the hot item that Disney is rushing into the park, the presumption is they'll go *everywhere*!! Look for the Incredibles to be flying next to you on a Banshee.

Which brings us to "possibly". And, possibly, the new Speedway will be littered with flying monkeys and Darby O'Gills.
It's too bad. This is just asking to be redone as sugar rush...

Princess Leia

I forgot about the Sugar Rush idea. But I really hope Incredibles don’t show up on the Speedway, and that we get the Tron-like overlay instead.

Castle Cake Apologist

It's too bad. This is just asking to be redone as sugar rush...

Maybe if they annexed the Speedway to Fantasyland. I'm struggling to see how a candy-themed racing game fits into Tomorrowland, though.

Granted, a modern Indy-style speedway doesn't really fit either... I'm an advocate for just getting rid of it. It takes up such a huge footprint and adds so much noise and air pollution to the area.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And then with Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Sugar Rush/Wreck It Ralph and Tron you could have: Tomorrowland where you can not only play the video games you are in video games...
It's Tomorrowland. Not Arcadeland. Firm NO!

This sounds great!

We can have different IPs set up rides and attractions as if they were arcade games and rename the area: Pixar's Tomorrow!!

rle4lunch

The Speedway in its current form (read that to = slow, meandering cars), turned into a Sugar Rush overlay (read that to = an actual fast paced "race" style ride), would have to be significantly revamped to include more responsive electric cars that 1. Go over 3 miles and hour, and 2. Actually feel like you're driving and/or piloting a race car. The only way to pull this off would be to completely automate the ride and take the control away from the driver (i.e. mission space "push this button..NOW!" type controls).

or, they could just put some screenz up of the movie here and there and blow some wind in your face to create the effect of "going fast", pipe in some peppermint candy scent when cars crash in front of you (on the screenz), and call it a day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom