News Tomorrowland love

larandtra

There is not enough Clorox in the world to clean Buzz's ride. Its absolutely atrocious. TL needs a COMPLETE redo. Not just add Tron, shut down SM redo it and reopen. Not just some paint and fixing the lights around the area. Buzz and laugh floor need to be evicted just as stitch was and there needs to be new attractions brought in that fir the newer, sleek, futuristic view. COP being cleaned up and updated is nice. TTA needs a ton of cleaning and work. The Speedway needs a retheme. But, with a TS Land in Studios, its time to get it out of MK and truly redefine the TL area.

mikejs78

Premium Member
There is not enough Clorox in the world to clean Buzz's ride. Its absolutely atrocious. TL needs a COMPLETE redo. Not just add Tron, shut down SM redo it and reopen. Not just some paint and fixing the lights around the area. Buzz and laugh floor need to be evicted just as stitch was and there needs to be new attractions brought in that fir the newer, sleek, futuristic view. COP being cleaned up and updated is nice. TTA needs a ton of cleaning and work. The Speedway needs a retheme. But, with a TS Land in Studios, its time to get it out of MK and truly redefine the TL area.
The problem is I believe Buzz is one of MKs most popular attractions. I doubt they'll get rid of it for a while.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The problem is I believe Buzz is one of MKs most popular attractions. I doubt they'll get rid of it for a while.
Maybe, but only because of the alternatives. Two hours or more in line, laugh floor, the Astro Orbiter, a stitch meet'n'greet or a lazy ride around those other four things.

Bairstow

Maybe, but only because of the alternatives. Two hours or more in line, laugh floor, the Astro Orbiter, a stitch meet'n'greet or a lazy ride around those other four things.
It's a little primitive compared to stuff that came after it, like Men in Black, Midway Mania, or even later iterations of itself, but Buzz still has a lot of genuine appeal and built-in reridability. I think it would continue to be popular no matter where they put it.

_caleb

I think the refresh is going to be minimal, streamlined, and optimized for LEDs. The use of primary colors in CoP fits well as daytime complements to the different options for LED lighting ad night. The whites, light purple, and pale blues are great "canvases" for projections, and the outlines with LED lighting makes a cool neon effect similar to the look of the incoming TRON coaster. I'd love to see them do something on the ground/walkways of Tomorrowland, too.

I asked this a while back, but does anyone know if there are plans for updating the background music in Tomorrowland? Something TRONny, maybe?

Also, I'm REALLY hoping that the Speedway gets an update. Electric cars would be nice. Autonomous hovercraft on a variable course would be awesome!

rocketraccoon

It's a little primitive compared to stuff that came after it, like Men in Black, Midway Mania, or even later iterations of itself, but Buzz still has a lot of genuine appeal and built-in reridability. I think it would continue to be popular no matter where they put it.
It really just needs a general refurbishment and something to make the queue more interesting before you get to Buzz. It's one of the more re-ridable attractions in the parks and it's always pretty popular, just bringing it up to par would help a lot. Maybe swapping out the projection tunnel for more things to shoot would help it, I dunno.

Brer Oswald

I know this is a crazy idea, but what if they turned the speedway into a flying car ride? The cars wouldn’t actually fly of course, it would be a simulated flight, and part dark ride too, through Tomorrowland. The big twist would be that the simulation portion would have real-time footage (with backup stock footage pending issues) to make the effect more convincing. And if they could also get the cars to appear digitally to guests...man that would be an amazing effect for the land!

Kman101

My only problem with the Speedway has been that it lacks in theming and length. It lacks severely compared to the others. And I felt if they weren't going to upgrade it (especially the cars) or improve it, they could do a lot more with the space. But I think it has it's place in the park, although I liked the idea of an Autopia going behind Test Track, it would be better there (yes, another "move this attraction" that will never ever happen; no one needs to panic). Hopefully TRON Raceway (my made up title for it) will be an improvement.

Bairstow

I know this is a crazy idea, but what if they turned the speedway into a flying car ride? The cars wouldn’t actually fly of course, it would be a simulated flight, and part dark ride too, through Tomorrowland. The big twist would be that the simulation portion would have real-time footage (with backup stock footage pending issues) to make the effect more convincing. And if they could also get the cars to appear digitally to guests...man that would be an amazing effect for the land!

Wait... what kind of ride hardware are we talking about here? And does this use the existing speedway footprint?

Walter Elias Disney

I think the refresh is going to be minimal, streamlined, and optimized for LEDs. The use of primary colors in CoP fits well as daytime complements to the different options for LED lighting ad night. The whites, light purple, and pale blues are great "canvases" for projections, and the outlines with LED lighting makes a cool neon effect similar to the look of the incoming TRON coaster. I'd love to see them do something on the ground/walkways of Tomorrowland, too.

I asked this a while back, but does anyone know if there are plans for updating the background music in Tomorrowland? Something TRONny, maybe?

Also, I'm REALLY hoping that the Speedway gets an update. Electric cars would be nice. Autonomous hovercraft on a variable course would be awesome!
Tomorrowland background music will be updated as Tron arrives.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom