News Tomorrowland love

NelsonRD

The exact same thing can be said about the tomb stones when leaving after RoE. It's like filling a nice open space with random crap just because you can is supported in the company.

Martin said it best:

Also, the Rocket Rod cars were destroyed. I'm not sure if all of them were but the majority were. So new track, ride systems, and vehicles would probably add up to be more then DL would want to spend sadly.

The stress was caused by the speed of the cars. Reverting back to a luxury pace of a people mover would make the stress issue moot. Additionally, using the existing ride system, and only constructing new cars would seem like a minimal investment to add to the attraction lineup. But, that is just my outside view.

_caleb

Not sure what this means. Are you suggesting the only acceptable replacement for a people mover is something thrilling?
Not at all! Sorry, that was an attempt at humor. I was referring to the SuperSpeed Tunnel- an addition to Disneyland’s PeopleMover where they simulated speed using lighting, projections, and fans. Here’s a thread about it.

It’s actually relevant again, as in the 80s the SuperSpeed Tunnel was given a Tron theme, and now MK’s Tomorrowland seems to be getting a Tron-inspired makeover.

trainplane3

The stress was caused by the speed of the cars. Reverting back to a luxury pace of a people mover would make the stress issue moot. Additionally, using the existing ride system, and only constructing new cars would seem like a minimal investment to add to the attraction lineup. But, that is just my outside view.
I took Martins explanation that some stretches of track would need to be repaired in some fashion due to Rocket Rods and just age/lack of maintenance at this point. Either way, it would be a shame to see it demo'd.

WDWTank

Me too... assuming you weren't being sarcastic...

I think '90s WDW Tomorrowland looked great when it was new and held up longer than anyone could have reasonably expected. It's absolutely time for something different, though.
I’m not being sarcastic, it IS timeless... I want to take my future children to it..

WDWTank

Not at all! Sorry, that was an attempt at humor. I was referring to the SuperSpeed Tunnel- an addition to Disneyland’s PeopleMover where they simulated speed using lighting, projections, and fans. Here’s a thread about it.

It’s actually relevant again, as in the 80s the SuperSpeed Tunnel was given a Tron theme, and now MK’s Tomorrowland seems to be getting a Tron-inspired makeover.
Why use TRON as inspiriation if there’s no TRON 3?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why use TRON as inspiriation if there’s no TRON 3?

OK, your posts are starting to just become ridiculous. Are you telling us that you can't think of a Disney IP for which there is only the one move with no major theatrical release sequels that is represented in the parks? I'll start you off: Snow White.

Last edited:

WDWTank

I think the TRON-inspired look (basically going minimal with decorations, outlining the architecture in glowing LEDs, and using projections) may be a fairly easy way to make Tomorrowland feel more streamlined and futuristic. Also, the new TRON coaster is coming soon.
They could use a customized facade exclusively for the WDW TRON Coaster to visually fit the area’s theming instead of redoing the whole land all over again :) How about some robots and space aliens working with computers in the queue and you walk into a room, then the next thing you know, you’re zapped into The System “Grid” just like Kevin Flynn. I think it would be a nice transition from the outskirts of metropolitan TOMORROWLAND to the world of TRON. :)

WDWTank

To change Tomorrowland from the Sci-fi theme back to the 1975 theme is regressive, not PROGRESSive as Walt would’ve liked it.

KBLovedDisney

Is there another thread post somewhere that talks about what is going to happen to Buzz Lightyear's ride (and other Toy Story memorabilia) in Tomorrowland? Will it be vacating the premises after Toy Story Land opens?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Info is a bit sketchy but at least two of the lines are WEDway derivatives IIRC.

The two lines on the House side are clearly WEDway derivatives - having ridden both sides extensively, I can say that for certain. The Senate side is more of a traditional train car style, and I'm not sure that's it's the same system. I kind of always thought the House trains looked like the PeopleMover but this confirms. Thanks Martin!

matt9112

The two lines on the House side are clearly WEDway derivatives - having ridden both sides extensively, I can say that for certain. The Senate side is more of a traditional train car style, and I'm not sure that's it's the same system. I kind of always thought the House trains looked like the PeopleMover but this confirms. Thanks Martin!

is there a link to all this infrastructure I didn't know existed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom