News Tomorrowland love

jpeden

In the Parks
No
is there a link to all this infrastructure I didn't know existed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Capitol_subway_system

That's a pretty good overview. It's not a massive secret system by any means. It's been there for years. Capitol Hill, once you put in the three House office buildings, the two Senate office buildings, and the Library of Congress is a massive area and the subway and tunnels underground the complex allow visitors, staff, and Members of Congress to easily go from one side of the capitol to the other. With the system it can take half an hour to go from the House office buildings to the senate. It could take an hour with having to wait on traffic and to navigate the complex above ground.

The system also allows for members, staff, and visitors to stay within the security perimeter without having to be re-searched every time they enter and exit a building, assuming they use the underground system and don't go outside to street level.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
On top of what @jpeden posted, here's a video that features the WEDway version at 1:03:

I do like the sound of the magnets powering up at 1:44

Strange, I always thought the open top House vehicles were the WEDway versions, not the closed car Senate version. But, as often is, I could be incorrect.

trainplane3

Strange, I always thought the open top House vehicles were the WEDway versions, not the closed car Senate version. But, as often is, I could be incorrect.
The closed ones are for sure the WEDway version. The open top ones are manually controlled and get power from overhead. The closed ones share the same magnet setup that sit between the track, like in WDW:
maxresdefault.jpg

They're both neat systems though.

Brer Oswald

The 90s update never ended up what it was supposed to be. Baxter was a lead in it (Disneyland and here too I believe) and even he was disappointed in it. If they’re just going to give the land a low budget, might as well give it a clean, sleek, retro look! That’s why I love this update. It’s looking closer to what Walt believed the future would look like! Ironically, it’s the only chance we could get into retro Disneyland/World returning. I’d also say we should get the original Carousel of Progress (might as well just give us the Rex Allen one, or do a completely new one starting from the 60s to the future with Rec Allen Jr. as the father!). On top of that, give the people mover it’s old boarding theme from Disneyland (although that likely still belongs to Goodyear so there’s minimal chance in that happening :hilarious:).

Bairstow

The 90s update never ended up what it was supposed to be.

Can you elaborate on this?

I thought the place was pretty impressive and cohesive in the mid-90s when they had Timekeeper, Encounter, and the FedEx version of Space Mountain all running. It was like a neon nineties remix of Buck Rodgers and I kind of loved it.

It was only a decade later, when kid-friendly attractions based on cartoons replaced all the harder-edged stuff that the land began to lose its way. Buzz was ok because at least it stayed in its corner.

Brer Oswald

Can you elaborate on this?

I thought the place was pretty impressive and cohesive in the mid-90s when they had Timekeeper, Encounter, and the FedEx version of Space Mountain all running. It was like a neon nineties remix of Buck Rodgers and I kind of loved it.

It was only a decade later, when kid-friendly attractions based on cartoons replaced all the harder-edged stuff that the land began to lose its way. Buzz was ok because at least it stayed in its corner.
From a book about Tony Baxter, he said that the Disneyland version had a smaller budget than what was needed. Yes, it’s true that it was the Disneyland version, but this is from the exact same time frame that Disney had to make up losses from the EuroDisney project. DL got the shorter end of the stick, but the only major thing WDW got over California was Alien Encounter.

Bairstow

From a book about Tony Baxter, he said that the Disneyland version had a smaller budget than what was needed. Yes, it’s true that it was the Disneyland version, but this is from the exact same time frame that Disney had to make up losses from the EuroDisney project. DL got the shorter end of the stick, but the only major thing WDW got over California was Alien Encounter.

Oh, yeah, Disneyland's Tomorrowland 98 was/is a disaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom