News Tomorrowland love

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
This comment makes me sad.
They don't have space to add another track track. It's gotta stay a kids ride without mass appeal or else it won't be able to keep up with crowds.

I want it to be the best version it can be and properly fit the land and be updated. The pretty crappy current version gets hour-long waits on moderate days. Imagine if it had more appeal than just kids driving a car. Showscenes and exciting lighting just wouldn't work unless they find a way to drastically improve capacity

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I might be in the minority - but other than the Carousel of Progress, I don't like the new painted patterns. I think they look busy and remind me of the expression "Putting lipstick on a pig". Looks like a cheap way to try to revamp TL when in reality it needs a total makeover.
pig eyes.jpg

Brer Oswald

They don't have space to add another track track. It's gotta stay a kids ride without mass appeal or else it won't be able to keep up with crowds.

I want it to be the best version it can be and properly fit the land and be updated. The pretty crappy current version gets hour-long waits on moderate days. Imagine if it had more appeal than just kids driving a car. Showscenes and exciting lighting just wouldn't work unless they find a way to drastically improve capacity
Wrap it around the whole land like the Peoplemover. Have it travel to different show buildings through aerial “bridges”. It’ll be a capacity nightmare either way, and if they give it a lazy update, people will complain that it’s not worth the wait.

Kman101

Individually I like what they're doing (except the pattern on the purple wall). As a whole it's not quite coming together yet, you have a lot of different schemes everywhere still. Again, individually, I mostly like them but as a whole ... I know it's "ongoing" but do they actually have a plan? It never seems like it but I'm sure they do.

And while I actually liked the claw kiosk I'm also glad it's gone because it opens up that space. Hope they don't put anything back in that spot.

azox

Individually I like what they're doing (except the pattern on the purple wall). As a whole it's not quite coming together yet, you have a lot of different schemes everywhere still. Again, individually, I mostly like them but as a whole ... I know it's "ongoing" but do they actually have a plan? It never seems like it but I'm sure they do.

And while I actually liked the claw kiosk I'm also glad it's gone because it opens up that space. Hope they don't put anything back in that spot.

I too am wondering how all of this painting gets unified. (maybe when I see it in person it will make more sense). I like COP's paint job and the Laugh floors Tron paint job, but not sure how it meshes together. Are they planning on doing more of the Tron ish pattern elsewhere in the area? I also wonder will they put in some of the water features from Shanghai?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I'm not feeling that "enhanced" purple wall... I suppose that's a good way to transition from the white to the purple, but I think it might've looked better with a longer transition.

They really need to pressure wash that cement. Ugh.

Yeah I thought there would be more to this wall. I assumed the geometric transition would extend much farther.

Last edited:

GlacierGlacier

Any other updates happening in Tomorrowland? Seems all the work suddenly stopped.
It's not that it's suddenly stopped, it's more like there's a lot more in the pipeline but in classic Disney construction style they're spreading it out. Also, it may be smaller details not as immidiately noticable as the new purple wall or the removal of the Alien kiosk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom