News Tomorrowland love

JediMasterMatt

Funnily enough, DL seems to have the opposite problem. From Micechat:

View attachment 275480

DL's issue is that they needed to reengineer the already reengineered safety/fall protection in place to do maintenance on Space's exterior due to an accident and DOSH's mandate.

The will is there in Anaheim... it's just the way that is broken.

Kinda the opposite in Orlando.

crxbrett

Almost 100% sure he's talking about this:
View attachment 275464
View attachment 275465

Thank you! So that's blue now, huh? Is it a sky/powder blue similar to the rocks? I like that they are slowly repainting everything now.

Not aimed at you specifically trainplane3, but has it been confirmed that all of the metal and steal deco beams, facades and awning canopies that adorn the entrances to Stitch and MILF and the PM track are also being removed as well? Or are those staying put? I would think all that stuff is eventually removed since it doesn't really mesh with what they are transitioning to. Wonder if the Astro Orbiter will also get a deco revamp at some point?

MerlinTheGoat

Is Southern California's safety regulations for construction crews the reason their Space Mountain hasn't been painted in a while? I think I heard someone claiming that somewhere but don't know how true it is...

Cmdr_Crimson

Well they just launched a whole new Stitch cartoon series (his third) last year in Asia, which was originally produced in English. It started airing in English just this year. They haven't shown it on the US Disney Channel yet but that doesn't mean they won't.

It will Probably be on the Disney channel App...If they didn't show the other series here..Chances they won't do it here...

Also sidenote for Anime fans.. The voice of Ai in this series is voiced by Erica Mendez...Most known for her roles for Ryuko Matoi from Kill La Kill & Nico Yazawa in Love Live..http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Erica-Mendez/
ryuko-matoi-kill-la-kill-65.9.jpg
nico-yazawa--8.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you! So that's blue now, huh? Is it a sky/powder blue similar to the rocks? I like that they are slowly repainting everything now.

Not aimed at you specifically trainplane3, but has it been confirmed that all of the metal and steal deco beams, facades and awning canopies that adorn the entrances to Stitch and MILF and the PM track are also being removed as well? Or are those staying put? I would think all that stuff is eventually removed since it doesn't really mesh with what they are transitioning to. Wonder if the Astro Orbiter will also get a deco revamp at some point?
There are plans to remove most of the 1994 concourse additions. The AE Teleport Tower should remain. So far as I know the Astro will remain pretty much as is. Just hopefully with all it’s lighting still working.

castlecake2.0

Seeing the paint on COP I don’t understand why they don’t just give it a fastpass if nothing more than to bring attention to it to increase guest usage. I mean they do it with the shows like FotLK, so why not this?

During paper fast pass ticket days sometimes you would get a “bonus” fastpass to another attraction. Carousel of Progress was one of the bonus attractions for space mountain(?). You would get a return time for the attraction you were currently at and then it would spit out another one for a different attraction for you to do in the mean time. I’m pretty sure philharmagic was another one? Anyone else remember this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom