News Tomorrowland love

tcool123

Is the Stitch theatre empty? Can it be restarted? I did not enjoy the show (compared to Alien Encounters) but it's better than an empty building. I know many will disagree on here.
It’s currently a break room for cast members. The animatronics have been gutted and skinned so its not likely to open just because they’d have to rebuild and redo a lot of things in it.

Animaniac93-98

Well I would have lost a Disney Parks Trivia game on that one! I guess I’ve always assumed it was considered Frontierland cause of the theme and the location in Disneyland.

Park maps flipped flopped between labeling it as Frontierland or Liberty Square, but in terms of physical location it's Liberty Square.

The kitchen is shared with LTT and the building is bookended by the former Tri Corn Hat Shoppe on the West side.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
And a current web search digs up this result...
1617072872598.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's a guidebook from 1983 showing Diamond Horseshoe in Frontierland.

Why is Tricorner Hats, an obvious Revolutionary named shop, further 'West' than Diamond Horseshoe, and selling "Western hats"?

1617080520298.png

The whole Liberty Square to Frontierland theme has always been a mess. A Mississippi river boat that goes through Arizona and is part of and docked in Liberty Square next to a gothic New England attraction that sometimes has M&G characters with a deep Southern drawl. Diamond Horseshoe going back and forth between Liberty Square and Frontierland. And the constant confusion of Southern with Old West. Not to mention the usual theme park schtick in which the wares of a shop have nothing to do with the theme of its land or facade (cf. Christmas shop in Liberty Square).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom