News Tomorrowland love

The Rocketeer

Another problem of Orlando's TL is that it wasn't really planned well. The original view from the hub was this:

WDW-11-1971-TL%2BEntrance%2Bevening.jpg

which is just the two theaters and the Skyway Station. Doesn't bode well when your weenie is the thing that takes you to a better section of the park. The *Star Jets added verticality which was much-needed, and Space Mountain was the kind of blockbuster attraction that the land really lacked.

Sightlines end up being the bane of TL; I'm not sure what needs to be removed to resolve that but I think that removing a lot of the crap that was added in 94* will go a long way in cleaning the views up.
tl.jpg
iu.jpg

Tokyo's version of this entrance never changed much obviously, and even though it's missing the kinetic energy of the Peoplemover, it's a good look.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Another problem of Orlando's TL is that it wasn't really planned well. The original view from the hub was this:

WDW-11-1971-TL%2BEntrance%2Bevening.jpg

which is just the two theaters and the Skyway Station. Doesn't bode well when your weenie is the thing that takes you to a better section of the park. The *Star Jets added verticality which was much-needed, and Space Mountain was the kind of blockbuster attraction that the land really lacked.

Sightlines end up being the bane of TL; I'm not sure what needs to be removed to resolve that but I think that removing a lot of the crap that was added in 94* will go a long way in cleaning the views up.

View attachment 540835View attachment 540836
Tokyo's version of this entrance never changed much obviously, but even though it's missing the kinetic energy of the Peoplemover, it's a good look.

Tokyo placed Space Mountain as a perfect weenie (and it’s Star Jets were elsewhere) - remember Orlando’s Space Mountain was meant to go where the CoP was built (and partially envelope the Skyway building) when the land was laid out.

owlsandcoffee

View attachment 540835View attachment 540836
Tokyo's version of this entrance never changed much obviously, and even though it's missing the kinetic energy of the Peoplemover, it's a good look.

Tokyo placed Space Mountain as a perfect weenie (and it’s Star Jets were elsewhere) - remember Orlando’s Space Mountain was meant to go where the CoP was built (and partially envelope the Skyway building) when the land was laid out.

^^^ I agree, Tokyo's is perfect. And Martin I didn't realize that. What changed?

TrainsOfDisney

Any update on the Stitch theatre? They could easily have something in there by Summer 2022.

Wasn't there some talk of an exhibit or something? Or was that in the Laugh Floor?
I had hoped that they would bring back flight to the moon for the 50th. The theaters are still in tact... it really wouldn’t take much work to make it happen.

Diamond Horseshoe as well.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Frontierland

No, that's where they put Stitch's Great Escape after Extraterrorestrial Alien Encounter. Laugh Floor is in the old CircleVision 360/Timekeeper show building.
Thanks, I couldn't remember what Laugh Floor was before.
SGE, any hope that a new attraction will replace it? There were rumors about Wrecked Ralph... have ideas change for a replacement?

The Rocketeer

Thanks, I couldn't remember what Laugh Floor was before.
SGE, any hope that a new attraction will replace it? There were rumors about Wrecked Ralph... have ideas change for a replacement?
Having no insider information myself I'm guessing they don't really have a clue what to do with it since the space is relatively small. That's why we haven't seen a replacement.

Bocabear

Where is Diamond Horseshoe located? And the theater for flight to moon is it the same used for Laugh Floor?
Diamond Horseshoe is located in Frontierland. Laugh Floor uses the theater that housed America The Beautiful Originally, then remodeled for The Timekeeper attraction. The Flight To The Moon Theaters were remodeled to be Alien Encounter which was turned into Stitch. They are across the street from each other.

_caleb

Diamond Horseshoe is located in Frontierland. Laugh Floor uses the theater that housed America The Beautiful Originally, then remodeled for The Timekeeper attraction. The Flight To The Moon Theaters were remodeled to be Alien Encounter which was turned into Stitch. They are across the street from each other.
Once you know the Alien Encounter/Stitch theater used to be Flight to the Moon, you can’t unsee it. The seating in the round, the low railings, the circular platform (once a screen, then housing for the Stitch AA)—it’s remarkable how little they changed it!

It’s like the Edison used to be the Adventurers Club in Disney Springs. They basically ripped out everything that made the AC interesting, added some industrial-machinery-turned-furniture, and there you have it.

Reminds me of when a restaurant takes over a building that was built as a fast-food restaurant. You can call it whatever you want, but from the outside, it will always look like a Taco Bell.

lazyboy97o

Once you know the Alien Encounter/Stitch theater used to be Flight to the Moon, you can’t unsee it. The seating in the round, the low railings, the circular platform (once a screen, then housing for the Stitch AA)—it’s remarkable how little they changed it!

It’s like the Edison used to be the Adventurers Club in Disney Springs. They basically ripped out everything that made the AC interesting, added some industrial-machinery-turned-furniture, and there you have it.

Reminds me of when a restaurant takes over a building that was built as a fast-food restaurant. You can call it whatever you want, but from the outside, it will always look like a Taco Bell.

_caleb

You can change the roof, but you can’t hide!
A real estate office in our neighborood:
40DB2B9C-B8B2-41B4-A2A0-94D453A407B2.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom