News Tomorrowland love

Sharon&Susan

Also, why doesn’t Tomorrowland have unique, “futuristic” food options. In Disney’s best vision of the future, we all eat pizza, hot dogs, and french fries?
Have some delicious synthesized space cube food!
1597641220030.png

Heppenheimer

Didn't Tomorrowland Terrace, at one point, serve some vaguely Japanese items? I guess because the future was supposed to be a little more Japanese than it turned out?

Bocabear

They definitely did...Tomorrowland Noodle Bar... Back in the 70s (74 ish) I remember they had a Tomorrowland Burger which was a hamburger patty and Ham and cheese, with acrylic skewers suspending it... It was my favorite thing but didn't last long...Maybe it was just a test... But it looked cool...and you could sit outside on the covered patio with air conditioning...

SteamboatJoe

Of course. New attraction in the carousel building. Take back the M2M building for an attraction. Reopen the QSR where the SM entrance now is. Re route the SM entrance through the old Starcade (imagine there being room already for an up ramp) move the Orbitron back upstairs. Work on the traffic patterns.

And put something meaningful and original on the Peoplemover track.
All good stuff that should be done. A unified design aesthetic alone would be a good first step. It makee MK's pre-makeover TL look cohesive by comparison.

Purduevian

Didn't Tomorrowland Terrace, at one point, serve some vaguely Japanese items? I guess because the future was supposed to be a little more Japanese than it turned out?

100% they did. My family actually really enjoyed eating there when it was the Tomorrowland Noodle station. Location was nice (views of the castle, off the beaten path, open air but cool), Food was different than anything else in MK and was not standard theme park food!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
100% they did. My family actually really enjoyed eating there when it was the Tomorrowland Noodle station. Location was nice (views of the castle, off the beaten path, open air but cool), Food was different than anything else in MK and was not standard theme park food!
We tend to go “out of season” as they call it and this was only seasonal so have tried it once. A nice change and finally using a facility for what it was meant to be used for as opposed to the scrum of Cosmic Rays. Pre Covid.

Heppenheimer

We tend to go “out of season” as they call it and this was only seasonal so have tried it once. A nice change and finally using a facility for what it was meant to be used for as opposed to the scrum of Cosmic Rays. Pre Covid.
Back in the day, the most popular reason to visit Tomorrowland Terrace was because it allowed for a short-cut during the daily Space Mountain Marathon at rope-drop (was more of a dash than a marathon). I'm guessing Fast Passes probably killed this tradition.

techgeek

Back in the day, the most popular reason to visit Tomorrowland Terrace was because it allowed for a short-cut during the daily Space Mountain Marathon at rope-drop (was more of a dash than a marathon). I'm guessing Fast Passes probably killed this tradition.

Way WAY back in the day, I’m pretty sure I had some of the old very regrettable square pizza at Tomorrowland Terrace.

Purduevian

Way WAY back in the day, I’m pretty sure I had some of the old very regrettable square pizza at Tomorrowland Terrace.

Still a morning dash to Space Mountain, but many more run to 7 dwarfs now. Also Terrace isn't a shortcut since they now hold you in the hub instead of outside the berm.

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
Way back in he day, I got a pepperoni pizza at the Lancer's Inn in Fantasyland. The pepperoni slices had pooled grease in the middle. I tried soaking the grease up with napkins. I ate it and was projectile vomiting a short time later.

disneyC97

Way back in he day, I got a pepperoni pizza at the Lancer's Inn in Fantasyland. The pepperoni slices had pooled grease in the middle. I tried soaking the grease up with napkins. I ate it and was projectile vomiting a short time later.
Bonus points for referencing the “Lancer’s Inn.” Right next to “The Round Table.”
1597812259480.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom