News Tomorrowland love

gerarar

Premium Member
The scaffolding is finally down on the right side, from when you enter Tomorrowland from the Hub. They came down about a week+ ago from what I can tell on various live-streams on YT.

This was the view on August 31 last week:
7E330BCF-22D1-4B74-AF82-6CFE8616506E.png

_caleb

I'm very happy to mention this.

It seems Tomorrowland has a new boss. And this person cares.

Basically if it is meant to work, there is now a push to have it work again.

Notice again the spinning blue lights above SGE and TLF? The Lno2 and lasers in SGE? Even the choc chip cookies and comets in Space Mountain? It will be a long haul but there is a concerted effort to improve show quality across the land.

This also spreads to subtle improvements. The rock work. The Space Mountain exterior lighting. Even the CoP sign and paint work, and the area BGM being audible.

Moral is higher now that things can be done if reasonably possible. It will take time but it is a great start.

Wow! Those 4 years really flew by!

tirian

never seen the place look worse, honestly!!!

Dear Disney:
When fans say they miss Epcot Center’s Futureworld and O.G. Tomorrowland, they generally mean the inspirational, cutting-edge, large-scale attractions within those lands. With the exception of the original Imagination pavilion, nobody wants a literal return to an outdated, tired aesthetic.

UNCgolf

Dear Disney:
When fans say they miss Epcot Center’s Futureworld and O.G. Tomorrowland, they generally mean the inspirational, cutting-edge, large-scale attractions within those lands. With the exception of the original Imagination pavilion, nobody wants a literal return to an outdated, tired aesthetic.

I'd be pretty happy if they brought the spires and waterfalls back (they definitely aren't).

Is there some overarching theme coming? Right now, I'm sensing a Jetsons/Buck Rogers/Tomorrowland 1971/Tron aesthetic, with a dash of "there was a great sale on paint!"

I'm happy for a Tomorrowland update. But this feels like a budget-cut refresh rather than a comprehensive or consistent transformation.

Last edited:

bcoachable

Did anyone ever verify if what was going in Stitch will still be going in Stitch? Or has it been “stitched” out of the budget for now? And did anyone ever spill the beans on what exactly it was to be?

Bocabear

The Gear Works/Sci Fi Aesthetic worked when it was all freshly done and everything was working...It was a real attempt to do something a little different and it was gorgeous at night... It has since been watered down with odd ideas like the Blue Metallic rocks that never made a lick of sense, Monsters Inc Laff Floor which makes equally no sense in the current setting etc.
Currently I can say I have never seen it look worse...A completely random mishmash of things, half completed paint jobs, and no real focal point like the Spires and Waterfalls... Tomorrowland needs a bold design vision... Tron is going to make it feel more random than ever unless there is a real substantial plan to redress Tomorrowland and bring the design aesthetics together...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just waiting on a miracle...
1) Replace stitch
2) Fix people mover
3) Open Tomorrowland Terrace
4) Update COP
5) Return Robot
6) Update Buzz
7) Update or replace Monsters

8. Finish TRON
9. Retheme Speedway to TRON Racers with electric vehicles
10. New land-wide lighting package
11. New coaster in Space Mountain
12. Replace blue rocks with something... Tomorrowlandish, and spectacular
13. Visual buffer between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
8. Finish TRON
9. Retheme Speedway to TRON Racers with electric vehicles
10. New land-wide lighting package
11. New coaster in Space Mountain
12. Replace blue rocks with something... Tomorrowlandish, and spectacular
13. Visual buffer between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland
14. Enclose MK in a geodesic dome
15. Install automatic pixie dust dispensers
16. Open teleportation booths to other parks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom