News Tomorrowland love

The Empress Lilly

20191002_153021.jpg

Meanwhile some good berm work has been done. Somebody somewhere understands TL design. Lovely correspondence with the CoP exterior paintjob, which I adore and which itself reflects classic TL design.

Carousel-of-Progress_Full_28470.jpg

The Empress Lilly

20191013_111748.jpg

20190923_190515.jpg

The entrance marquee is reasonably well done. Certainly a step up from before.

Although for my liking there would be no marquee. Just a restored attractive weenie. A 100ft rocket spells 'Tomorrowland' even better than a good vintage font.

Also, the new Monsters sign is amazing. So nice to see it. TL is getting prettier!

Pity about Chapek barfing sightline-ruining mega-boxes all over the parks. Such as the Tron one, which diminishes SM as GotG diminishes SSE.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
View attachment 417976

View attachment 417974

The entrance marquee is reasonably well done. Certainly a step up from before.

Although for my liking there would be no marquee. Just a restored attractive weenie. A 100ft rocket spells 'Tomorrowland' even better than a good vintage font.

Also, the new Monsters sign is amazing. So nice to see it. TL is getting prettier!

Pity about Chapek barfing sightline-ruining mega-boxes all over the parks. Such as the Tron one, which diminishes SM as GotG diminishes SSE.

20190923-190515.jpg

They say that if you snap a photo capturing a bird or plane within the "eye" of the Tomorrowland marquee and post it to Instagram you'll receive a thousand followers and get 1000+ reps for your efforts. Who needs a "purple wall" when you have the new Tomorrowland Challenge?

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Isn't the Tron attraction going to eventually look like this?

uiqyero478970-624x351.jpg

meaning the 'box' hidden when it's completed?
Only if that exact angle is duplicated. The canopy does not hide the box when looked at from in front on the ground. The canopy does not hide the box from Fantasyland. The canopy does not hide the box from the ride. The canopy does not hide the box from the Seven Seas Lagoon.

rudyjr13

As it's been stated plenty of times, the box isn't completely covered from the front.

And t'll be entirely visible from the SBC - TL walkway

And everything will be fine. We will have a fun new coaster and hopefully allow them to take Space Mountain down to get the refurb it deserves.

Sure it would be neat if they could properly hide giant show building boxes for indoor coasters from all angles but it’s not realistic. I’d rather have the ride and box than nothing or an un-themed outdoor coaster.

Timothy_Q

Sure it would be neat if they could properly hide giant show building boxes for indoor coasters from all angles but it’s not realistic. I’d rather have the ride and box than nothing or an un-themed outdoor coaster.
Yeah it's not like they haven't been doing that for decades lol

Suddenly doing a well designed show building is unrealistic.

The ride was designed from the ground up, the building could've had any interesting shape.
See Space Mountain, Horizons, Universe of Energy, World of Motion, Tower of Terror, etc

SplashJacket

Only if that exact angle is duplicated. The canopy does not hide the box when looked at from in front on the ground. The canopy does not hide the box from Fantasyland. The canopy does not hide the box from the ride. The canopy does not hide the box from the Seven Seas Lagoon.

I've been to Shanghai and the canopy gets the job done very well. Not flawless, but very well. I am confused about how the canopy does not hide the box from the ride or the front?

lazyboy97o

I've been to Shanghai and the canopy gets the job done very well. Not flawless, but very well. I am confused about how the canopy does not hide the box from the ride or the front?
You can easily see the box sticking up above the canopy. The reentry into the building is nothing but a hole in the side of a warehouse.

mergatroid

A shame, but I can live with that. I managed to accept that when I rode the Skyway that many rides including 20,000 Leagues, IASW and HM were revealed to be just a facade in a not so very attractive box so I'll manage my expectations for this.

Goofy Ninja

I'm happy they are making Tron Coaster, but hope it doesn't come at the cost of the look of Tomorrowland. What I've seen so far I haven't been 100% for. It looks boring (the new entrance sign and main pathway) and plain in many areas.

Den Carter

I visited Magic Kingdom this past week, my previous visit being in August. In just two months there's been a noticeable improvement in the land's aesthetic. New paint and the new sign make a big difference - but there's still soooo much to do to get Tomorrowland looking really classy again. I hate that the Speedway is still using gas-powered vehicles. There's nothing 'tomorrow' about that attraction. A lot needs to be done before Tron opens to prevent this part of WDW looking like a flea market of midway rides. Hope they pull it off!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom