News Tomorrowland love

Bocabear

Problem is, if the current leadership ripped the whole ride out, it would end up being half the length, way tamer, with less rather than more special effects and theming. I don't trust the current leadership to do a great job re-imagining the original attraction...they have not shown they can do it.

KikoKea

I don't want a tame ride in there! It needs to keep its hills, drops (make 'em bigger!), and tight turns. I'd love some pumped up music, but if they can't even get Halloween music right, I have little hope for a regular ride. (Although, I LOVE the Aerosmith tunes on RnR)

180º

Problem is, if the current leadership ripped the whole ride out, it would end up being half the length, way tamer, with less rather than more special effects and theming. I don't trust the current leadership to do a great job re-imagining the original attraction...they have not shown they can do it.
This completely ignores the fact that Disney ripped out the California Space and Thunder tracks in their entireties and contracted Vekoma and Dynamic Structures to rebuild them faithfully from scratch using modern methods, to fantastic results.

Brad Bishop

First, I don't see the current leadership doing anything to this ride until something bad happens. Maybe it's a "near miss" of an accident or maybe it's an accident with injuries. Right now it's all about "saving money" on expenses.

Second, if they did replace the track, I don't think the current management really "gets it" and those on the ground who've been with the parks for years, understand the theming and the "Disney way" are dwindling in numbers and have no control. I could see see it going one of two ways:
- You end up with a similar ride but shortened (like 7DMT) because it saves money
- You end up with a train-coaster (like RRC) instead of a mouse coaster which is roughly what they have now, which really wouldn't fit and it'd be shoe-horned into the building.

As others have stated, and I'm in agreement, replacing the track as it is and adding the DL audio would be perfect. I can't see that happening.

Bocabear

This completely ignores the fact that Disney ripped out the California Space and Thunder tracks in their entireties and contracted Vekoma and Dynamic Structures to rebuild them faithfully from scratch using modern methods, to fantastic results.
That was years ago...seems like new leadership now

Steph15251

Yup ,not sure why they can not do the same for WDW,I do feel once Tron opens ,they should work on Space Mountain.

180º

That was years ago...seems like new leadership now
Not really, no. Space was 14 years ago but Thunder was only 6 years ago. Thunder started work under George Kalogridis, who is now president of WDW. And don’t forget this is apparently more or less also what they’re doing to Spaceship Earth next year.

tirian

It is not that bad...Really it isn't. The Disneyland version is all a series of banked gentle inclines, all the same direction...there is not nearly the thrill they designed into the original WDW version... switchbacks, sudden drops, it is all a much more complex layout... Sure they could smooth it out a bit, but in general, it is still a great ride, and if they replace the track, I am hoping for a carbon copy of the original layout...Far superior to the Disneyland, Tokyo, and Hong Kong versions.

Bank the curves, replace the track, and keep the layout.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Everyone said once Pandora was open they would fix the Yeti...that never happened either... Just sayin'...We will see a refurbishment when the track literally breaks or there is an accident...

ehh...the yeti doesn't directly affect the safety of guests....or does he?????

Joesixtoe

Funny I find big thunder to be harder on my back than space.. i think its because there are 3 lift hills on thunder where it jerks you at first compared to space where there is just one that jerks you.. the rides themselves thunder is smoother but space isnt that bad either smooth wise..

Steph15251

Everyone said once Pandora was open they would fix the Yeti...that never happened either... Just sayin'...We will see a refurbishment when the track literally breaks or there is an accident...
You can have your opinion and I can have mine.Not going to touch the yeti thing because imo ,it is not the same .Never mind the fact that SM is in MK which has much more rides and attractions then AK has.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom