• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Tomorrowland love

ImperfectPixie

this just confirms how 'all over the place' the new paint treatments have been. Also not including the metallic purple rocks. Ugh.
I'm not a fan of those either...they felt way more natural when they were shades of reddish brown. Now they remind me of Blizzard Beach and Frozen. Also, as an artist I'm not a fan of trying to fake a winter landscape - the tricks of light/shadow are too difficult to pull off in any kind of realistic form.

sedati

I'm not a fan of those either...they felt way more natural when they were shades of reddish brown. Now they remind me of Blizzard Beach and Frozen. Also, as an artist I'm not a fan of trying to fake a winter landscape - the tricks of light/shadow are too difficult to pull off in any kind of realistic form.
I'd think if "Tomorrowland" is the theme, then unnatural should be what they're going for. Something not of this world. Something from a future time. Instead, everyone here seems to want a New Mexico Office Park/Plaza.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

I'd think if "Tomorrowland" is the theme, then unnatural should be what they're going for. Something not of this world. Something from a future time. Instead, everyone here seems to want a New Mexico Office Park/Plaza.
Fine. Then they should have done a better job at making it look like that instead of a failed attempt at ice.

ImperfectPixie

If you have seen some painting they have done
They have a lot of great colors that look great
And the colors don’t look “Frozen” to me
They have a rainbow to work with - if the rest of Tomorrowland is any indication. But blues and purples are the go-to colors for anything that's supposed to look cold.

eddie104

I totally agree with you and this idea they should go back to the original design is cool and all but I'm waiting for the full overhaul not this piecemeal approach to save money.

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

aladdin2007

Any validity to this?
well now....interesting indeed if legit.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Any validity to this?
Electrek is pretty good. I'm cautiously optimistic of this. Anything to quiet it down, I'll take.

Edit: Oh it's from Just Disney. No idea now. Never heard of that site.

Tank Man

I totally agree with you and this idea should go back to original is cool and all but I'm waiting for the full overhaul not this piecemeal approach to save money.
Yeah
They are planning something
Might get news at upcoming D23’s (2020, 2021) after the 50th

DomVF07

Any validity to this?
Beat me to it! Was going to ask @marni1971 for any validity as source seems weak at best.....but given Disney's PR as of late crossing fingers it's true and Elon releases update before D23 at their Q2 report on the 24th........

Sam4D23

Any validity to this?
This would be very interesting if true. I've always thought a Tesla-Disney partnership would be fitting and very much in the Walt-esque tradition of partnering with forward thinking technology companies in Tomorrowland.

Top Bottom