• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Tomorrowland love

KBLovesDisney

Advertisement
Are the other land logo marquees in trouble? Like Adventureland? :(

trainplane3

It is all really quite simple. The entrance to Tomorrowland needs to be one of the most amazing and interesting things you've seen in a theme park. It is a blank canvas to do something incredible with structure, water and lighting. But we all know it won't happen.
*preach it.gif goes here*

bclane

you could bring forward canopy elements from Tron...make it feel more integrated. (View attachment 388073Excuse my quick photoshop)
Looks great! I would love to see those canopies a bit taller up front (I know it was a quick photoshop so I'm not complaining) so that you can see underneath it in some places as well (like how it is on the actual Tron ride)...and then pull that theme throughout the entire area, just with the sweeping canopy at different elevations throughout. Would look great during the day and just imagine the light show at night! Tomorrowland aesthetic solved!

Mr Incredible

I like it all individually, but agreed with you. Very much. A coat of paint doesn't really fix anything. They still have a tired Buzz Lightyear, a lackluster Speedway, a PeopleMover in need of a thorough refurb, Carousel needs a thorough refurb, Space Mountain needs a thorough refurb ... Stitch needs an an actual replacement. The garish stage needs to go. Those are things that would improve the land. Removing the 94 elements will also help, but instead they're now painting them go-away-white. They should be removing them. It seems they're trying to get out of doing anything thorough. I'll give them credit for the Cosmic Ray's outdoor seating, that was an improvement.
I agree.

They need to move some rides and add some new rides.

1) As I posted previously they should get rid of Star Wars Launch Bay in DHS and replace the Animation Courtyard gate with a Monster's University gate. Then add the Monster's Inc. Rollercoaster, an Inside/Out ride and connect it with Toy Story Land behind One Man's Dream.
2) They should also move Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor into that space, and move Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin to DHS as well.
3) Add a Wall-E ride in Tomorrowland where you are taken on a journey with Wall-E, Eve and the captain of the ship. This ride can also touch on environmental and conservation issues. A space journey and adventure. Put this where Laugh Floor is now.
4) Add a Big Hero 6 ride and make it an adventure with the heroes and add some health education on the ride hosted by Baymax and Hiro. Put this where Stitch's great escape is.
5) Add the Wreck-It-Ralph breaks the Internet ride where Buzz Lightyear is now. Make it a Wreck-It-Ralph Fix the Internet ride and make it a 3D, computer immersive ride that takes you into the world wide web. This can be very interactive tying your game playing with your smart phone and magic band.
6) Keep the Carousel of Progress
7) Update the PeopleMover and make it a bit more high tech looking, just a bit.
8) Keep the AstroLauncher and just update the cars to fit the new Tron style theme to Tomorrowland.
9) Add a digital, light up grid on the ground throughout Tomorrowland that certain parts of can be interactive where if you pass over them or near them they interact with your magic band and greet you or change colors or show your name, or something like that.
10) Fix Space Mountain. Replace the clanky track with smooth tubing so the ride through space is fast and fluid as if you are actually flying through space. Brighten up the star fields and add newer digital space effects on the ride with comets, nebulas, etc. that makes it a more interesting journey through the galaxy.

All easy fixes that would make Tomorrowland something very special and guide it toward the future.

GlacierGlacier

3) Add a Wall-E ride in Tomorrowland.
4) Add a Big Hero 6 ride.
5) Add the Wreck-It-Ralph breaks the Internet ride where Buzz Lightyear is now.
9) Add a digital, light up grid on the ground throughout Tomorrowland that certain parts of can be interactive where if you pass over them or near them they interact with your magic band and greet you or change colors or show your name, or something like that.
10) Fix Space Mountain. Replace the clanky track with smooth tubing so the ride through space is fast and fluid as if you are actually flying through space. Brighten up the star fields and add newer digital space effects on the ride with comets, nebulas, etc. that makes it a more interesting journey through the galaxy.

All easy fixes that would make Tomorrowland something very special and guide it toward the future.
I think you have a very different definition of easy compared to literally anyone in the industry

GlacierGlacier

There's a big difference between the easy and lazy
There's a big difference between easy and the installation and development of several groundbreaking attractions, relocations of whole attractions, and construction that would render the land unusable for 2-3 years, if all done at once.

It may be the easy choice, in your eyes, but it is far from easy to execute.

Mr Incredible

There's a big difference between easy and the installation and development of several groundbreaking attractions, relocations of whole attractions, and construction that would render the land unusable for 2-3 years, if all done at once.

Nothing good is easy. And you don't redo the entire land at one time. You redo specific attractions one at a time.
Disney used to really innovate with their rides and designs. Since the arrival of Iger....not so much.
Pandora was expected to be groundbreaking especially the bioluminescence.
Instead we got black light paint and black lights hung from trees, and a few plastic, light up plants.

Innovation has been replaced with laziness, or the cheaper way out. Disney never was like that.

eddie104

Exactly people sometimes forget these overhauls and land developments take years to get right and not always the best execution. Also is lazy the new buzzword people use when they don’t like certain Disney decisions nowadays 🙄

Mr Incredible

Exactly people sometimes forget these overhauls and land developments take years to get right and not always the best execution. Also is lazy the new buzzword people use when they don’t like certain Disney decisions nowadays 🙄
No, I fully understand how long it takes and what it takes. But "lazy" is not simply a buzz word. Lazy is a very apt description when Disney used to innovate. Now they take the easy way out most likely for the sake of budget instead of giving us attractions that truly push the envelope and set them apart from a regular park.

I like the rocks in both Disneyland and at the Magic Kingdom. I even like the blue rocks. Why does tomorrowland have to be all man made concrete metal and such. It doesn’t have to be inorganic. I thought Tomorrowland 94 was a great direction. They just, as usual, didn’t go as far as the needed. It was like the budget ran out at the palm trees. I would like there to be more rocks.

Top Bottom