News Tomorrowland love

Timothy_Q

They don't replace attractions overnight. I know Halloween decor shows up overnight but it is not the same thing.
You're confusing how long it takes to build an attraction (usually 3 years for Disney) with how long it takes to start replacing an attraction after you've already closed the old one (should be relatively fast)

If a replacement isn't ready to begin construction, you shouldn't close the previous attraction

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You're confusing how long it takes to build an attraction (usually 3 years for Disney) with how long it takes to start replacing an attraction after you've already closed the old one (should be relatively fast)

No no, you're totally wrong on that. Look at how long UoE sat empty before they ... wait... Well, look at GMR and how long it was dormant befor... umm... ;)

If a replacement isn't ready to begin construction, you shouldn't close the previous attraction

I agree. Closing an attraction without a replacement plan at a park desperately in need of any capacity it can get reeks of stupidity.

yensidtlaw1969

They don't replace attractions overnight. I know Halloween decor shows up overnight but it is not the same thing.
Not that I should even dignify this with a response, but

Alien Encounter closed October 12th 2003
Stitch's Great Escape opened officially on November 16th 2004

The changeover was made in less than 401 days.

Stitch's Great Escape closed officially on January 6th 2018.
Come Feburary 11th this year, Stitch will have been closed for as long as it took to change over from Alien Encounter to SGE.

And they still haven't decided what to replace it with.

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

They’ve had three years now.
Time sure does fly...it’s just now hitting me how long we’ve been sitting on this thing with no real developments. It really is insane how the most popular park in the world that is constantly busting at the seams doesn’t appear to have much drive to get something done with this space.

Do you think they’re any closer to making a decision or any progress at all?

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
Time sure does fly...it’s just now hitting me how long we’ve been sitting on this thing with no real developments. It really is insane how the most popular park in the world that is constantly busting at the seams doesn’t appear to have much drive to get something done with this space.

Do you think they’re any closer to making a decision or any progress at all?

HonorableMention

I would be very unsurprised if Disney reopens without preshow 2. It could technically work, you get the idea of prisoners in preshow 1 and a bit of Gantu. A CM could just explain that a high security prisoner has been brought in and they need your help.

It would be stupid, but I wouldn’t put it past them.

Disney Maddux

I would be very unsurprised if Disney reopens without preshow 2. It could technically work, you get the idea of prisoners in preshow 1 and a bit of Gantu. A CM could just explain that a high security prisoner has been brought in and they need your help.

It would be stupid, but I wouldn’t put it past them.
Exactly what I was thinking.

jt04

Not that I should even dignify this with a response, but

Alien Encounter closed October 12th 2003
Stitch's Great Escape opened officially on November 16th 2004

The changeover was made in less than 401 days.

Stitch's Great Escape closed officially on January 6th 2018.
Come Feburary 11th this year, Stitch will have been closed for as long as it took to change over from Alien Encounter to SGE.

And they still haven't decided what to replace it with.

the two shows were very similar. Not a lot of change was needed.

Disney doesn't hesitate to throw out a project that isn't working out well into the development process. I respect that.

jt04

This is the thinking in management that riles everyone up so much. The parks are packed, wait times are through the roof, numbers keep climbing...the parks are better than ever.

Seeing as it is impossible to return WDW to the 1970s and 80s, it probably is best management continues to focus on future expectations. Nostalgia can be detrimental to progress. Walt knew this which is why he insisted Disneyland not become a time capsule.

And a case can easily be made the parks actually are better than ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom