News Tomorrowland love

CoasterSnoop

One of them is. There were two theaters, one of them is abandoned with the Stitch animatronic sitting there, and the other is fully intact and still maintained, with that one’s Stitch animatronic and show fully functional.

SIR, Skippy and Burned Skippy were all destroyed as well, no? Without those there's no second preshow, therefore no show. I'm no expert on animatronic repair, so I don't know if they can be brought back from their current states (or even what their current states are), but all of those were accounted for (and skinned) in the backstage pics.

TwilightZone

SIR, Skippy and Burned Skippy were all destroyed as well, no? Without those there's no second preshow, therefore no show. I'm no expert on animatronic repair, so I don't know if they can be brought back from their current states (or even what their current states are), but all of those were accounted for (and skinned) in the backstage pics.
I asked this question earlier
He said that they could easily change it into a room to hold a queue line, and guests just wait in line until the theater is ready for another show.
I consider this bad show and unlikely.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I’ve got quite a bit of news that came from a CM that I’ve known for a while.

So SGE is half-abandoned, half-intact. He told me that the only true abandoned part is one of the theaters (the one we saw in the BDS photo), which still has that terrifying broken Stitch animatronic sitting there on the stage in the exact same position as seen in the photo. He told me he’s been back there, and that it reminded him of CC: Mold, wood lying around, broken walls, broken ceiling.

The other theater he told me was still 100% intact and kept maintained, with that Stitch animatronic still having his skin and everything. He also told me that they actually tested that theater, and that while Stitch still worked perfectly, the cannons weren’t coming down at all, and that they were still broken (as they were almost never working in the last months of SGE).

The 2nd preshow room is now used as a break-room, and changing room for M&G Stitch. And that while the animatronics were gone, the room is mostly intact.

And finally, he said that from what he’s been hearing, Disney may not have been lying when they said they’d reopen SGE. As they could easily turn the two pre-show rooms into a large queue line, and only operate with that one theater.

And that’s all.
I've heard similar from a friend who would know of such things. At least that this was being prepped as a possibility.

Them not using it over Christmas tells me (or should i say, tells my friend who tells me) that it is unlikely that Disney will actually go through with this plan. But spring break/cheerleader crowds coupled with speedway and train closures may lead to Disney wanting an extra attraction to hold people. Or, rather, a long indoor outdoor queue line with some quickly thrown together cartoon playing in it to hold people for 30-60 minutes while they wait for a disappointing attraction.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
I actually just thought of something... They could still do the first preshow, then guests just walk right through the second preshow and into the theater.
The preshow is there for a reason.

Not to mention it was half the length of a twin chamber main show for a reason. Don’t give them an excuse to flood the queue.

Mike S

Everyone's talkin' shirts, meanwhile I want the action figure.
mcalien1.jpg
I’ve got one but the wings were ripped off by... someone else :cautious:

RSoxNo1

The only reason why I could see it's return is the temporary shutdown of the train and the speedway. But those two attractions are way too minor for a return IMO.
Not to be negative, but most cast members are usually wrong. Sorry @Zootopia Dude
Yeah but there's capacity there (perhaps as much as 3000 gph). When you look at wait times this week those things are very important.

It's why myself and others have been saying MK probably needs another 8000 guest per hour in ride capacity at minimum.

Disney Maddux

I just thought... Perhaps they could use the old exit of the theater (back when it was Flight to the Moon and Mission to Mars) that exits out next to the extended queue? So they could use the first pre-show room as a queue line, use the outdoor extended queue line, then enter into the theater from the old exit?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
I just thought... Perhaps they could use the old exit of the theater (back when it was Flight to the Moon and Mission to Mars) that exits out next to the extended queue? So they could use the first pre-show room as a queue line, use the outdoor extended queue line, then enter into the theater from the old exit?
There would still be no preshow. Which is half the story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom