News Tomorrowland love

Rich Brownn

That’s not on the table though, right?
I cant imagine them putting the waterfalls back. I remember when I worked there people always complained it got them wet (apparently even a moderate breeze was enough to send water over the walkway) and for some reason they just couldn't keep them clean.

trainplane3

That’s not on the table though, right?
Martin said a while back that they aren't coming back.

The attached picture is his. Someone asked "what should we expect our TL to look like" and he responded with this. Note the spires/waterfalls and how they've been scribbled over...
6E47EF58-4B87-4213-BFA2-51407B0880C9.jpeg

Tagging @marni1971 . I do occasionally save your pictures for archival reasons (and to see how true things you hint at are...as a fun game). I'd never claim credit to your work, no matter how un-watermarked some of them are. And I'd be sure to tag you, like in this case.

Timothy_Q

Is it weird that the Stitch meet & greet is called Stich's Alien Encounter? Talk about dancing on a dead corpse, and then spitting at the people mourning said corpse, all while shouting, "You'll never get this baaack!!"
Nobody wants it back

KBLovedDisney

I heard seeing those waterfalls in person was very cool. So, there is absolutely no chance of those coming back, even though we are at a point where nostalgia is a big thing?

Princess Leia

Honestly, I feel mixed about all of the changes. The 1994 Tomorrowland is all I've known, but knowing that what made it special isn't even there anymore (are the only things that remain from that version Sonny Eclipse, the Speedway, CoP, Space Mountain, and the Peoplemover?), I'm okay with moving in a new direction (as long as they keep Sonny, my family loves him). It's pretty neat seeing how smooth the exteriors look without the excess strutctures, and I'm looking forward to see the new color schemes fully in place.

jt04

Martin said a while back that they aren't coming back.

The attached picture is his. Someone asked "what should we expect our TL to look like" and he responded with this. Note the spires/waterfalls and how they've been scribbled over...
View attachment 316608
Tagging @marni1971 . I do occasionally save your pictures for archival reasons (and to see how true things you hint at are...as a fun game). I'd never claim credit to your work, no matter how un-watermarked some of them are. And I'd be sure to tag you, like in this case.

Somewhere Walt is smiling.

Bocabear

I heard seeing those waterfalls in person was very cool. So, there is absolutely no chance of those coming back, even though we are at a point where nostalgia is a big thing?
Fountain technology has come a long way since 1971... They could totally do the waterfalls now with less overspray then was happening years ago...and yes! The waterfalls were amazing! I was obsessed with them from the first time I saw them at 8 years old ...

FigmentFan82

I have vague memories of the original all white look of Tomorrowland and actually remember when I next visited WDW and how taken aback I was that it had all changed. I never hated the change, but I do remeber feeling a bit sad that something I remebered from a very young age along with memories of wonder and excitement was no longer there. I think this next phase of Tomorrowland will maybe be something in the middle of what was and what is. Less clutter but still more color and vibrancy. Now if they can just figure out what to put in Stitch and maybe give Buzz a refresh with some updated tech and not so maybe cardboard cutouts, that'd be great!

trainplane3

So what was the issue with those waterfall spires anyway? Why were they removed?
From what I've heard and read on here, any bit of wind would blow water onto the main entrance into TL. This could cause slick concrete but mainly guests were getting a shower they didn't ask for.

It's probably why Tokyo's version don't have water coming out of them. But at least they still have them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom