News Tomorrowland love

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Entertainment will give up a stage only when it is pried from their cold, head hands.
head hands... is that like a Hydra or something? And why are the cold? Do they wield ice breath or some other sinister attribute that can easily be vanquished with quick wits and the understanding of the basic elemental magiks like air and fire. If you cut off more head hands do they replicate two-fold? Sounds like a good candidate for Beastly Kingdom, though I wonder why they hoard makeshift portable stages when there's other structures like caves and bridges that would easily make for better Headhand lairs.

Last edited:

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
I must say, I'm ok with this view
20180915_201653.jpg
20180915_201642.jpg

Monorail_Red_77

Interesting photo in that you can see the PeopleMover with metallic accents in the foreground, but the 70s design right behind it.

Will the whole track be worked on, or just the path leading from the hub to Astro Orbitor?
I don’t know, maybe they will just try to get back to that 70’s look. They’ll use it as a budget savings. “Hey, we only have to do half the work.” But somehow it’s still gonna cost full price!
LOL

Monorail_Red_77

Not sure if I posted this already, from Sat 9-15-18. You can see the orange caps that protect workers from exposed rebar sticking out. They are demoing the foundation supports for the info structure that was attached to building here. One support is on the left side of pic, one support is on right side. The right side doesn’t have the protective caps on it yet.

D551E055-DC53-47A7-91FE-4F8F8415FF9F.jpeg
7A29EA6D-162B-4218-8EC1-C77173846005.jpeg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
until space mountain probably.
Hint: Space Mountain was about rockets.
This needs to be a T-shirt.
In blue on a yellow shirt.
CyanYellow.jpg

More updates from within the refurb walls in Tomorrowland.
Bob Iget was caught digging for gold again in front of buzz light year. LOL

Photons as of right now 6:27pm 9-15-18
View attachment 313745View attachment 313746View attachment 313752View attachment 313753
Perhaps that's the proverbial hole if in which one finds oneself, one should immediately cease digging?

Last edited:

smile

My first thought was that Iger ordered the dig as he thought that is where the Utilidor Vault was located.

that was buried seven thousand leagues under the sea and the proceeds of it's discovery got 7dmt added to nfl...
no, what willow's husband now digs for is access to the sacred inner chamber - a fool's errand, surely, with his dodgy knee and lack of base metaphysical defenses.

jt04

I am thinking that WDW' s Tomorrowland might be the only Tomorrowland in the US soon. Being transformed into a tribute of sorts to Walt's vision of the future and his legacy. CoP makes sense in that context. As does the people mover. And also the Progress City/EPCOT model. And other elements. Tomorrowland would not always have to be updated aesthetically also.

And eventually the omnimover could become a tribute to WED' s visionary projects.

Just a hunch. Could be wrong.

PS- this would also free Future World of carrying that legacy.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am thinking that WDW' s Tomorrowland might be the only Tomorrowland in the US soon. Being transformed into a tribute of sorts to Walt's vision of the future and his legacy. CoP makes sense in that context. As does the people mover. And also the Progress City/EPCOT model. And other elements. Tomorrowland would not always have to be updated aesthetically also.

And eventually the omnimover could become a tribute to WED' s visionary projects.

Just a hunch. Could be wrong.

PS- this would also free Future World of carrying that legacy.
Stranger things have happened.

prberk

I still see the picture in unkadoug's avatar (now mine, but credit where due) as the perfect demonstration of how Tomorrowland fit into Walt's vision of the future and how that theme was initially carried out so well at WDW -- the monorail and the Contemporary off in the distance of a Tomorrowland beckoning us to look to the future with optimism, and even a little whimsy (but only entered after passing through a glimpse of an optimistic yesterday and across the way from a past that itself was seen as the "frontier" -- all with some adventure and fantasy to grease the imagination).

You can see a pattern in Walt's planning that was grounded in the past but still reaching optimistically for the future. And in this picture you can almost literally see it into the horizon... beyond which would one day be EPCOT, the Experimental Prototype City of Tomorrow itself.

This cohesiveness of vision for WDW was something I was blessed to be around for and watch it grow, and it inspired me, at least most of the time. I do think that understanding this helps WDW make sense, at least to why it is here in the first place. Even with commercial and short-term considerations, I think WDW planners are always best when they keep this vision at least somewhat in mind.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom